• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Accidental goods collection

alsael

Enchanter
How many times have you done it?You collect the goods from one factory/workshop to complete a quest during events,but sometimes you click on the factory next to it also.Imagine you want to collect a 3h production,but you accidentally collect a 2d production also....
So how about a "locking" mechanism?you can right click a factory during production and choose "lock".When the production is done,you cannot collect it,until you manually "unlock" it(right click on the factory again).

m4rt1n

Adept
Moving the screen on PC wiped out 2 x2day and 2x 1day goods and 1x 1 day tools in one mouse movement earlier so I am all for your idea.

Others will say disconnect the road will do the same, but with very limited space that is not always possible.

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
There has been a suggestion by UlyssesBlue to have different commands for moving the map and collecting things. This idea has been archived, you can find it here. I would prefer that solution, but your suggested locking mechanism would be quite an improvement over the current system.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't know why I missed the first post, but it's such a good idea and surely pretty easy to implement. We already have a system where clicking an icon switches the city from "move building" mode to "move city/collect" mode. It would be the same thing.

DeletedUser2437

Would be a nice feature certainly. In the meantime you can use the old fallback of disconnecting buildings from roads to shut them down. They will still retain their product and cannot be collected by accident.

Julian

Sorcerer
Locking sounds a good idea. Perhaps with a button next to the move one so you can lock several at once.

Aside from the fact you can't always do it, cutting off the road has the problem that you can't see what the building has produced. During the mermaids event, I had to have multiple buildings with different productions, and sometimes muddled them up as to which was which.