• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Access to Time Boost on popup for Manufactory (and other) on PC?

Sir Derf

Adept
1) Is tis new? I don't remember seeing the green button wedged in after the progress bar in the popup when hovering over a Manufactory?

2) How would I use this? When I hove over the Manufactory, the popup shows up, but when I move my mouse over the popup to try to get to the green button, the popup disappears because my mouse has left the bounds of the Manufactory and the popup is dismissed.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I don't see this green button in my own UI, @Sir Derf. Possibly yet another A/B test? (NB : I find this kind of testing both annoying and patronising, not to mention confusing when it comes to players not knowing why other players don't have the same game features - but hey, I don't run Inno!).

Mind you, and solely by the sound of it (could you upload a screenshot, perhaps?), it also sounds like a mobile-friendly feature either/or being tested/accidentally implemented on PC. There have been more bugs and coding errors on Beta during the past couple of weeks than I've ever seen during such a short period of time [not exaggerating], so maybe the entire company is suffering from a dearth of programming skill right now?

Who knows... but speculating is one of my favourite hobbies, after all! :D

Sir Derf

Adept
Untitled-1.jpg

m4rt1n

Adept
It is a bug in my opinion and I can only relate it to the little events we used to get where we would get time boosted workshops or manu's for a limited time, they did a few of them, forget what they were called, but that is how productions looked while they were running.

First I though Challenges but it's not that one, there was a rarer thing where Inno gave a x2 or x3 timer for workshops and manu's but cannot find it on the forum yet after a good look.

Last edited:

kimkimkim

Summoner
you know support would tell you to clear your cache and see if it's still there.....btw, I too am on PC with no cauldron and I do not see this on any of my pop ups

m4rt1n

Adept
I remember they were fairly random, and we knew because they did it on beta first, for example 3x faster workshop for 12 hours.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I remember one of those 'production boost' Events too, @m4rt1n - in fact, I'm now thinking that perhaps it was re-worked and re-named as 'Challenges'? It was a long time ago, too; but I do remember being able to produce a lot of Goods/Supplies while it was running (for two days, I think?), even though my old City on Felyndral was only small back then. NB : different username (Arimelde), and abandoned, a couple of years ago, at the end of O&G. I moved to Arendyll due to the chronic Server-wide Scrolls & Steel shortage on Fel, back then, caused by the [pre-2020] Scrolls Tourneys being so horribly MistWalker-ridden... ha, we now see the same shortages again, don't we, due to the Moonstone Set! Inno, Inno, Inno... :D

Last edited:

Laurelin

Sorcerer
@Sir Derf : Ta muchly for the screenshot (that was fast!) :)

It certainly LOOKS like an intentionally created and located interface element, even though you can't click on it... but what do I know? Maybe [parts of?] the same code exists both in the PC and mobile clients, so that changes/additions translate readily between the two? No idea on that.

Thanks also for the game version number : mine is identical. That said, it was also identical to everyone else's when I certainly saw a completely different 9-week Tourney run (in terms both of Maps and Enemy Squad combos; both were radically different) some months ago. It's unlikely that the game version number alone will reveal A/B Testing (for sure, anyway), since that's not the case in several other online games I play, nor in the case of some other online software whose devs utilise it. Of course there will be some kind of version number which IS different, or else the devs themselves would get very confused and their data-gathering would be largely pointless, too, but we users won't necessarily see that one.

Just another reason why I really dislike A/B testing... if that's what this is, of course!

"Curiouser and curiouser," said Alice... ;)

m4rt1n

Adept
Game version might contain both versions, and the A/B is a setting in the user profile

I am certain it is not the challenges, was another thing, where inno threw out at random 2x or 3x Manu's or Workshops for a limited time, was 12 hours at most if my memory recalls, not an event but a random thing they did before the release of the time booster, way back, possibly in the first year of the game 2016 or 2017.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Of course I will double check this, but I sometimes get this when my City is playing catch up after a small duration of neglect! Quick refresh normally gets it gone! It's definitely not a new feature :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.