• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

About People Doing NH

DeletedUser7912

While I was playing on Elvenar TR, people there were helping according to city names, 7 times a week mostly.

Right here in EN, I see helping 3-4 times a week is okay. But not according to city names. In funny way, it's quite opposite. Everyone's helping to Builder's Hut and some to Main Hall, even though I named my city "Culture". There are several players who help according to city names, and they do help 5-7 times a week. Is this the same in all Fellowships in Felyndral, and in other worlds? I really wonder. And if it is, why don't active people unite in same fellowships? Why not some chiefs be just Indians to create a better community?

For me, it is really important to get constant culture helps to improve my city. I am not a casual player, I am not okay with random helps(!) to just help. It seems disrespectful to me actually. Because we are in a Fellowship. Because helping just takes a few seconds. It is even faster by using mobile application.

DeletedUser7309

I think I’m in Winyandor and haven’t seen any cities named like this
I’m grateful if anyone helps in whatever way they choose, only a small proportion of those cities I can help choose to help in return

DeletedUser5976

Dakua is talking about his FS mates. I thinking talking to them in chat or in messages might help. Not every player is aware that people change the name of their city to indicate their NH preference.

Because we are in a Fellowship. Because helping just takes a few seconds. It is even faster by using mobile application.

m4rt1n

Adept
I'd like to add that when I do help on the app, the writing is so small on my iphone, I can often make a mistake when whizzing through all my neighbours, so apologies if I have done the "wrong" help on occasion to anyone.

If a neighbour did decide to message me ingame to complain about my daily help 365 days a year I would do my best to avoid ever helping again that world but would probably still help it by accident. :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser7912

I guess our Archmage and Mages are already doing their jobs. I take ScreenShots of Fellowship -> Members Menu right before I help my FS members and send them to our Mages, to inform them. So, I don't want to be rude and don't write our members about this. I might ask Mages to inform all members about NH soon.

And yeah, I'm talking about Fellowship members.

I think many people aren't aware about changing city names to indicate NH preference like LadyHavva said.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
@Dakua
ive looked at your city in Felyndral and you only have 4 helpable culture buildings. you're in an FS of 24 so im sure there will be time overlaps when your culture buildings have help on them already, so they would go to the MH or BH...o_O

DeletedUser7912

Uhm... I know that. But they weren't helping them at all until recently. (+ I had more culture buildings before getting event buildings). Things are changing fast in a good way in FS. Now I have almost all my cultural buildings boosted most of the time. There were not many helpers when I had more cultural buildings though. Still, I wonder if most of the people are same in general in Elvenar EN.

Last edited by a moderator:

alsael

Enchanter
@Dakua
when you have any problem at all concerning our fs,please write it in chat.Don't think that someone may be offended or anything.That's why we are in an fs,to help each other any way we can.
You can write in chat about anything you want,ideas-complaints,anything,ok?:)
I'm glad you are still with us and growing fast:rolleyes:
(sometimes there is only the MH as a help option,that's true)

DeletedUser3451

being part of a fellowship, but refusing to talk to your fellows, is an odd thing.

cwgiii

Shaman
being part of a fellowship, but refusing to talk to your fellows, is an odd thing.

This is true, IMHO.

However, please remember that everyone has their own playing style. Folks on mobile do not have access to messages (still). Folks that are on the browser version may have become accustom to using messages for their main communications. Some chats are so involved that meaningful messaging gets lost (buried) in the mundane, so some players get used to ignoring the chat window altogether. Some players are naturally communicative while others are more quiet.

In some cases, it may not be that players are refusing to communicate, it may just be that they are in their individual "cocoon".

Just a thought.

DeletedUser7912

Well, I think I caused a misunderstanding here. Let me fix it.

Yes, in my current fellowship, people WERE not helping according to city names. I already mentioned about this in my previous message. Let me quote that message and emphasize some words:

Uhm... I know that. But they weren't helping them at all until recently. (+ I had more culture buildings before getting event buildings). Things are changing fast in a good way in FS. Now I have almost all my cultural buildings boosted most of the time. There were not many helpers when I had more cultural buildings though. Still, I wonder if most of the people are same in general in Elvenar EN.

Also, this is not my first account in Elvenar EN. Like a year ago, I created an account in EN1-Arendyl, just to see how things are in EN. But because I had friends in TR server, I wasn't going to play with my EN account for long, even though I wanted to play in EN. :) I played with my EN1 account like a few months I guess and back then people were not helping according to city names if they even help. So, I really wondered if it is normal for EN Elvenar. I didn't want to mention this in my first message to keep it short and simple. Because I generally write VERY long and detailed. :D And English is not my main language. I also know that if I or someone else complain about Neighbourly Helps in FS Chat, some people may feel uneasy. And my complain can cause someone else to complain too. I do not want that. I've seen such things many times both in real life and games. I believe, one must avoid unnecessary chaos at all cost. :p I also wrote "Things are changing fast in a good way in FS." So, no need to bother mages. I would definetely write to the Archmage if I wanted to complain. ^_^

And I'm very sorry @alsael, people might have thought false things about our beautiful FS. I was searching for a fellowship that can get 10 chests every tournament but I joined my Fellowship and I'm happy here. I see how our players and our fellowship grow fast and I enjoy it. You seeing this thread and replying also made me happier. ^_^ I'm not going anywhere even a fellowship that can get 10 chests every tournament invites me. :D Because -I don't know if it's same for everyone but- Diamond prices went 2x higher for me. This means I am not going to buy any Diamonds to get Magic Residences/Workshops. Only thing I feel unhappy about our fellowship is this :D This lower case. :D

@Dakua and other thread contributors: Please feel free to talk about Fellowships in general terms but avoid naming a particular Fellowship and the people within it as that is not suitable for sharing in a public space.
Thank you for your co-operation in this matter.

Dakua likes this. :rolleyes:

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser7733

I feel your pain. There’s an opinion that you should be grateful for any help you get. I don’t agree if I visit someone every day and they visit me occasionally, they should at least try to help and click on what’s needed, I do make it as easy as possible for them. The way I went around it is to message them first and if it doesn’t work then I stop visiting them. The problem is that if you are in a fellowship that requires you to visit everyone regardless of how helpful they are, you’re pushed to help someone that doesn’t really want to help you. That’s why my fellowship is based on mutual help, just helping players that help you or whatever you decide to do, no pushing.

m4rt1n

Adept
I feel your pain. There’s an opinion that you should be grateful for any help you get. I don’t agree if I visit someone every day and they visit me occasionally, they should at least try to help and click on what’s needed, I do make it as easy as possible for them. The way I went around it is to message them first and if it doesn’t work then I stop visiting them. The problem is that if you are in a fellowship that requires you to visit everyone regardless of how helpful they are, you’re pushed to help someone that doesn’t really want to help you. That’s why my fellowship is based on mutual help, just helping players that help you or whatever you decide to do, no pushing.

I will say again, I help every player in my fellowship and my 410+ scouted provinces every day of the year so make mistakes, quite often even if it is very clear, however I will say that when reciprocal help regularly happens several times a week I get to remember a player name so take 2 seconds rather than one to try and get it right. Sadly in all my neighbours discovered that is just 4 of them and have not had a complaint yet.

Simples, they get the help of the biggest available culture by default from me, which will increase their coin and supply production for a while in most cases, but do try and help builders IF? available. Main Hall help I do if it is clear, but why players specify that when going away I do not know as they will only get one lot of help per player if collected within the 23 hour period from my own experience.

The huge excess coins earned buy me currently about 5kp a day and get me T1 and T2 non boosted goods (20k T1 and 8k T2) to help with fellowship trades.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7912

I was the same in Elvenar TR for a while. That didn't go well actually. I mean, it changed nothing. Then I started to help them randomly and they complained. lol

I am going to help every player in my FS everyday on this server. Since Elvenar TR died and I left there, I became kinda semi-hardcore player from a hardcore player. I like my fellowship. Though... Still, I wonder if most of the Elvenar players are the same. :D And I wonder why if they are. And I'm dying to learn why active players don't unite under same fellowships. I wonder what people think about this.

m4rt1n

Adept
I was the same in Elvenar TR for a while. That didn't go well actually. I mean, it changed nothing. Then I started to help them randomly and they complained. lol

I am going to help every player in my FS everyday on this server. Since Elvenar TR died and I left there, I became kinda semi-hardcore player from a hardcore player. I like my fellowship. Though... Still, I wonder if most of the Elvenar players are the same. :D And I wonder why if they are. And I'm dying to learn why active players don't unite under same fellowships. I wonder what people think about this.

It is possible that you are just positioned in a bad location on the world map, our fellowship in EN1 help each other most days and get the right help. :)

Deleted User - 341074

Still, I wonder if most of the Elvenar players are the same. :D And I wonder why if they are.
For many players I think visits have become a chore. Even with the phone app, some of us have made 10, 20 even 100,000+ visits in this game.
My help accuracy is directly related to load speed. Sometimes things load quickly on the app, and you get what you want-sometimes not.
Also, I try to keep my visits around the same time each day, so if I'm doing something else in RL I might do them on the side like watching a movie while doing visits. That movie is getting most of my attention, and maybe everyone just gets culture buffs that day.
And I'm dying to learn why active players don't unite under same fellowships. I wonder what people think about this.
Fellowships are mostly a social thing for many players. That is why you see players who get 3,000 tournament points in 3 chest fellowships- they made friends, and that's more important to them than the tournament rewards. Same goes for visits.

As to why hardcore players don't band together, it's probably just a too many chiefs not enough Indians situation. You can't get one 16 player FS to disband and fill 4 other 16 member FS.
The rewards for being in a hardcore FS are quite minimal too. Maybe a 2-4% increase in coins. Maybe 30-50 extra KP per week. All for way more effort. Maybe if the RR spell is ever released it will change, but probably not since the first release only gave chest #10 2 extra RR compared to other chests.

DeletedUser7733

And I'm dying to learn why active players don't unite under same fellowships. I wonder what people think about this.

Maybe they like the peace :)
The more people in a fellowship, the more likely there'll be heated discussions (if there are issues within the fellowship).