• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Spells Ability to craft the teleport spell

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The Teleport Building spell is deemed to be a rare and exclusive thing, why it only ever appears in the Spire of Eternity.

Skelve

Bard
Let's not,

It's the same thing as wanting to craft blueprints.
It's good that some things are exclusive to certain parts of the game.

This entices people to try different parts of the games when they want to have something.
I won't compare teleport with a blueprint. But yes, it is a very important spell when it comes to reorganising the city. However, looks like I am the only one who would like to craft it. :human:

sgjennings

Adventurer
I won't compare teleport with a blueprint. But yes, it is a very important spell when it comes to reorganising the city. However, looks like I am the only one who would like to craft it. :human:

You're not the only one!

I understand what others are saying, but I'd like the ability to craft it too :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
You're not the only one!

I understand what others are saying, but I'd like the ability to craft it too :)
There are a lot of things that would be great if they are easily aviable.

but some things are unique to certain places to invite you to those places.
When you remove those invitations you devaluate that part of the game.

Obviously you both arent playing a lot of spire, and you desire more teleport spells.
So play more spire :)

When you improve in the spire you won't run out of teleport spells.
1610437770450.png
1610437794647.png

Pauly7

Magus
When you improve in the spire you won't run out of teleport spells.
Of course that all depends just how many teleport spells you use. I think my record was using up nearly 70 teleport spells preparing for an FA. If you also like to use a few in between times (perhaps for preparing other manus), then this adds up to quite a lot, and way more than you could gather. It would be unusual to average more than 3 or 4 teleport spells a week from the Spire, so I'd say it's quite easy to use up any number of them.

ickyelf

Seeker
For those progressing through the Chapters, there will be the temptation to use Teleport Spells to solve the puzzle of rearranging a city as buildings change size and orientation.

That may be in addition to the opportunity to use Teleport Spells to prepare for a Fellowship Adventure (or even for some, for an Event, though that seems less necessary based on recent events).

Considering the possible uses of Teleport Spells, it is likely to be harder for a large number of players to build up a stock while advancing as quickly as they would like, and developing their ability to complete the Spire every week (and thereby earn sufficient Teleport Spells to meet their hoped for usage).

So I appreciate the problem that many will be facing.

Despite all that, I would not support a request to add Teleport Spells to crafting. The reasons given above, such as exclusivity to the Spire to encourage players to take part in that mini game (which leads to a stronger and better rewarded Fellowship as well) are more than adequate. But in addition, if an extra recipe were to be added to crafting then the strong likelihood is that the chance of seeing other recipes that many players like to craft would be reduced. Or worse, other desired recipes may be removed altogether.

A possible answer to the problem is to find a good Fellowship that will help develop players' ability to do well in the Spire.

Gargon667

Mentor
I'm at the point a teleport spell is more valuable than a blueprint.

I have no use for blueprints at all (all magic buildings maxed and not playing any more chapters), I turn all them into RR spells lol. So the question is RR spells or teleports for me. I like both, but I also have tons of both, can´t say which one I like better. I guess eventually I will run out of buildings to RR... but I can always find some old Venars Rocks from chapter 9 in my inventory or something like that I guess...

Gargon667

Mentor
Usage of Teleport can be reduced by proper planning. Since various aspects can synergize easily. If you play chapters between FAs, you can sell the guest race instead of teleporting it, after the FA you have tons of space to reorganize and prep for the next event. That is how we used to do it before teleports even existed. So every additional teleport is a bonus not a necessity.

ickyelf

Seeker
Usage of Teleport can be reduced by proper planning. Since various aspects can synergize easily. If you play chapters between FAs, you can sell the guest race instead of teleporting it, after the FA you have tons of space to reorganize and prep for the next event. That is how we used to do it before teleports even existed. So every additional teleport is a bonus not a necessity.

Yep, agree that's ideal. And something I have done repeatedly - finish a chapter, sell the settlement, play FA. The downside is that several times I ended up stopping all research progress for 1-2 weeks to wait for a Fellowship Adventure, rather than teleporting the guest race settlement. That was with minimal usage of PPs as well - I enjoyed figuring out how to set up and then produce the guest race goods efficiently. Stuff just gets out of sync, and I suspect that for the majority of players it's very common for real life to make it quite hard to optimise finishing chapters to suit Adventures.

To add, then, the game has changed a lot in the last year or two (maybe a bit further back than that to be fair); Teleport Spells and the means for many to push through guest race chapters much faster than the 'veteran' players as Inno has sought to keep players engaged by easing progress till the end game chapters.

More events with more Adventures as well.

All these contribute to creating lots of opportunities to use Teleport Spells, and for many, they will still be tricky to acquire in large enough quantities.

Still don't support adding to crafting though!

Pauly7

Magus
I have no use for blueprints at all (all magic buildings maxed and not playing any more chapters), I turn all them into RR spells lol. So the question is RR spells or teleports for me. I like both, but I also have tons of both, can´t say which one I like better. I guess eventually I will run out of buildings to RR... but I can always find some old Venars Rocks from chapter 9 in my inventory or something like that I guess...
I have no more use for an RR than I do for a blueprint. All my culture buildings and evolving buildings are up to chapter level. I will collect them, in case in the future I decide to actually play chapter 16.

Gargon667

Mentor
I have no more use for an RR than I do for a blueprint. All my culture buildings and evolving buildings are up to chapter level. I will collect them, in case in the future I decide to actually play chapter 16.

I agree everything in my city is upgraded (I think) but as I said, i still have an inventory full of stuff lol :)