• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Abandoned Player Provinces/Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser3466

I seem to live in a derelict neighborhood - I have about 5 abandoned cities around me so I am cheated out of 5 neighborly bonuses, any way to report these and have them removed so I can get some productive neighbors?
(and when I say abandoned I have never seen activity and their main hall has been under construction for as long as I've been playing)

DeletedUser441

As long as you are active and allow your city to be moved then you should find more active players placed around you. I do find it odd that cities which have a build going on for weeks are left on the map. Perhaps the 30 day rule only applies to players that have no building going on.

Timneh

Artisan
I seem to live in a derelict neighborhood - I have about 5 abandoned cities around me so I am cheated out of 5 neighborly bonuses, any way to report these and have them removed so I can get some productive neighbors?
(and when I say abandoned I have never seen activity and their main hall has been under construction for as long as I've been playing)

Make sure you have automatic movement turned on. Click on the gear icon at bottom right of screen and then on the little yellow gear icon that appears and then make sure that automatic movement is allowed.

Perhaps the 30 day rule only applies to players that have no building going on.

I think the 30 day rule is counted on the number of days from the last time the player logged in.

cwgiii

Shaman
The 30 day rule also only applies to those that have not bought diamonds, and those that have not reached a certain level of building. So there are MANY of abandoned cities out there that will never go away. Unfortunately.

DeletedUser3340

so I can get some productive neighbors?
Movement is automated process as Timneh said, however the most important criteria is to have an opening suitable to your relics.

A piece of advice, if I may, as long as you join an active Fellowship, you have plenty of people to trade with fairly and coins and supplies are in abundance the more you progress :)

DeletedUser1882

Joining an active fellowship is not enough especially when your restarting out again, Really this is really unfair , really puts a player at a disadvantage

DeletedUser441

It is the same for everyone when starting out , so it's not really unfair. An active fellowship can be a great help at the start. :)

DeletedUser3466

I do have the auto move option ticked so there must be a reason those five provinces are being held?

Thankfully have found lovely fellowship who are as chatty as they are active and makes playing very enjoyable. It was more a question of why a province that has stagnated would be allowed to stay...oh well

DeletedUser3466

I have just read the message again when selecting auto move and it only moves you if the provinces are empty not abandoned...so same question from the beginning still applies!

DeletedUser3466

Movement is automated process as Timneh said, however the most important criteria is to have an opening suitable to your relics.

A piece of advice, if I may, as long as you join an active Fellowship, you have plenty of people to trade with fairly and coins and supplies are in abundance the more you progress :)
I have 8 abandoned provinces on my map, at what point does the game moderation team clean up provinces from people who started the game but abandoned it almost immediately? I would think those games are just eating up server space somewhere especially if this problem is wide spread.

Timneh

Artisan
I have 8 abandoned provinces on my map, at what point does the game moderation team clean up provinces from people who started the game but abandoned it almost immediately? I would think those games are just eating up server space somewhere especially if this problem is wide spread.

If a player has never bought diamonds for their city and it has not reached chapter 3 then that city SHOULD get deleted after 30 days of not being logged into but i have seen some in my neighbourhood where a building has been under upgrade for longer than that before finally being deleted.

DeletedUser3352

I can collect bonuses from deserted cities providing the builder and hall aren't both under construction (assuming they have no large culture items too) and someone hasn't got there first. Usually not a prob with neighbours but can be in a fellowship!

DeletedUser

After months of waiting the purge has finally hit my explored area south of my city, 31 new gold mines as of today. Hoping the purge continues north and purges the inactive ones north of my city as well. Hopefully then maybe a new player or two.

DeletedUser3466

Yes finally I've been moved to a more productive area on the world map!

DeletedUser3097

Allow me to shed some light on this.

We found some issues with the deletion of inactive accounts recently (in the last weeks) where we were not deleting a good chunk of accounts that should have been eligible for deletion. Because of this, we then turned off player deletion for the time being. We have fixed these problems with the version 1.32 update, and we re-enabled it on our EN worlds now. This is why you are seeing a lot of inactive accounts being deleted at the moment, causing many gold mines to appear.

Due to the currently active Tournament, we have not yet been able to move any players. We plan to execute the player movement on Monday, when there is no Tournament active. With this, we will move players in the outskirts of the map as close to the center as possible. We might (might!) repeat this multiple times on Monday, if we can.

We are keeping a close eye on how the three worlds on Elvenar International develop in terms of player numbers, and we will certainly make sure that new players go to all worlds where there is space to host them. Currently this is only Felyndral, but we will guide new players to Arendyll and Winyandor as soon as there is space again, to keep a steady stream of new players coming into all worlds. All in all, we expect that it'll take several weeks to get to this point (could even be one to two months), since we cannot just easily do this all in one go.

A follow-up point for later on, will be to determine if we have to maybe change our inactivity deletion criteria. The ones we currently have in place are already quite old (they haven't changed since we implemented inactive account deletion about a year and a half ago), and might be in need of an update, because while they were fine when we implemented the feature, they might be outdated now. When we do, we will of course share that information - unfortunately we cannot share any details on this right now, since the subject has yet to be discussed and decided upon.

I hope that this explains a bit how the processes work and what we're currently doing to resolve the situation that we're currently facing. :)

This might answer some of your questions. Please see Play along. How many empty player spots are in your neighborhood?

I'll lock this thread so the discussion about empty plots is in one place only. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.