• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Abandoned cities

DeletedUser

I'd like to ask if anyone has already noticed that his/her inactive neighbour has been deleted? Is it happening?
Today I have checked the score board and there's more 2500 players with 0 points (whereas 2nd quest - build a manufacture - should give you 10), which means that there's plenty of players that have logged in but haven't even entered the game (but their town is probably placed somewhere). OK, I understand that most likely not all of them has registered more than 30 day ago and their accounts are not yet to be deleted. But the game world is now more than 30 days old and we should see sudden loss in inactive neighbours.
So, again: has anyone noticed it? Does anyone has information whether it's happening or not?

DeletedUser

The server has been up for 3 weeks, so we'll have to wait for a further week for inactive accounts to start being deleted. I joined on the 29th of may and the server had been up for 3 or 4 days. Bit of patience, it'll happen soon.

DeletedUser

OK,
I've looked up when was the first post on the forum ("Welcome") and have assumed it was the date the server has been launched :) my mistake :) I'll wait :) there's no hurry ;)

DeletedUser

I've no idea what would happen after they get deleted. The most logical step I think would be that new players fill up these spaces, but there are other options that I can think of. I'm looking forward to it though, I have so many inactive players around me. :eek:

DeletedUser3

I've looked up when was the first post on the forum ("Welcome") and have assumed it was the date the server has been launched :) my mistake :) I'll wait :) there's no hurry ;)

Hi Tempus! Apologies for the confusion caused - the Welcome post was indeed posted prior to the launch of the server ;)
The International server was launched on Wednesday 27th May, so we are still a few days short of the time when the first inactive accounts will be removed. Please note that only accounts that have been inactive for a full 30 days will be removed, so you may still have several inactive neighbours. These will be removed as soon as they reach 30+ days of inactivity.

I've no idea what would happen after they get deleted. The most logical step I think would be that new players fill up these spaces, but there are other options that I can think of. I'm looking forward to it though, I have so many inactive players around me. :eek:

You are correct MetalLift! The empty spaces will indeed be filled by new players. This will not happen immediately the inactive players are removed, as we have no 'new player waiting list', but one by one, as new players register, those spaces will be filled :)

DeletedUser

I wouldn't bee too keen on my neighbours being removed anytime soon ...
Empty slots don't fill as fast as more inactives are getting deleted.
Which means less coins for you for handing out neighbourly help.
Don't believe this? Well check out the beta server landscape. Farther you are from the center of the worldmap ( =first players ), worse it gets.
You are correct MetalLift! The empty spaces will indeed be filled by new players. This will not happen immediately the inactive players are removed, as we have no 'new player waiting list', but one by one, as new players register, those spaces will be filled :)
See comment above.

DeletedUser23

I wouldn't bee too keen on my neighbours being removed anytime soon ...
Empty slots don't fill as fast as more inactives are getting deleted.
Which means less coins for you for handing out neighbourly help.
Don't believe this? Well check out the beta server landscape. Farther you are from the center of the worldmap ( =first players ), worse it gets.

See comment above.

The only difference is that in Beta they didn't remove anyone for months. Then when the feature was introduced half the people disappeared. But the day they reached 30 days inactive didn't all come at the time.

That day; when they were removed, wasn't long before the main servers were launched, so I would imagine that there are far fewer new players starting there than there would be now.

Though yes, they have to be careful not to delete too many people.

DeletedUser140

guys guys... we dont need to worry, they got this. go humans!