• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Suite of expiring Weekend Automation buildings.

Sir Derf

Adept
All are 48-hour expiring 2x2 buildings, can be received by crafting recipes, Spire prizes or Event prizes. Could even be awarded by a special mini event that gives the appropriate building in response to target production from related buildings (capped per building type).

Rent Collector - When placed, automatically collects coins from connected buildings every 3 hours.
Food Co-op - When placed, automatically collects and restarts Supplies production from connected buildings every 3 hours.
Goods Storage - When placed, automatically collects and restarts Goods production from connected Manufactories, provided current resources allow.
Unit Recruiter - When placed, automatically collects and refills production queues from connected military and troop producing buildings, provided current resources allow.
Mana Whirlpool - When placed, automatically collects Mana from connected buildings.
Seed Silo - When placed, automatically collects Seeds from connected buildings.
Spell Depository - When placed, automatically collects and refills production queues from the Magic Academy, provided current resources allow.
Head Architect - When placed, automatically spends KP into the attached Wonders when produced, round-robin-ing if multiple AW attached.

Gargon667

Mentor
I see you are planning to not play on weekends :)

Kinda against Innos interests, so it would have to be a rather rare thing to get even one of them. But if you could collect them up over time to take a weekend off playing like once a year maybe?

I personally would like the troop one, I could do without the other ones and I guess everybody else could have their favorites, would be fun if they were tradable!

Sir Derf

Adept
Yeah, I intend that they not be able to be collected and implemented en masse every week. Having them as collectible rewards on a yearly event would probably fit that bill.

Solanix

Forum Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf it is great that you are thinking about how to improve the game. When I read your post the first time, I thought this might be a great idea. But as more often I read through it and think about it, I am wondering who wants to play a game where a little bot is playing it for them? Collecting everything can be done by a generous mouse wipe over the whole city, not during events though. Especially for workshops we have the feature to set them all up all together with one click. If you are unable to play the game for 48 hours, nothing will be lost.

Deleted User - 341074

One of the key elements seems to be that they would have to touch buildings in order to be effective.
This is problematic in that even at a 2x2 size entire cities would have to be re-arranged(assuming they had space) in order to get this one time 48h benefit.
Overall it seems like a significant implementation for a very niche situation. I mean these days who doesn't have 2 minutes of phone time per day to reset their buildings?

I personally would not want any of these to replace other possible MA recipes, event, or Spire rewards. But that could just be me.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sir Derf

Adept
As stated above, I would not want it to be an all the time option.

And, as with any positive, it should be balanced with a negative. It would take up some space. Life's rough.

Proudfoot

Senior Game Moderator
Elvenar Team
@Sir Derf with respect, When the Fellowship Adventure was changed to end on a week day so devs were on hand if a problem arose, everyone complained because "everyones on during the weekend" so why would you want any auto buildings just for weekends when most are online anyway.

Sir Derf

Adept
Never use absolutes. :cool:

Maybe, some people might have the occasional some time that they won't always be on.

Or, you could be pessimistic and just decide that INNO would give us something that no one wants.