• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Hint On Gaming The Missions

DeletedUser330

You guys probably know this already, and forgive me if there's a thread on this already :)

I've found the missions loop themselves sometimes. I'm currently in a loop with about 12 or 15 missions, which, if I decline over and over again, they eventually come back around in the same order again.

This, isn't a bad thing. There are a couple missions amongst these 12-15, that even if I do them, they don't go away... they stay in their respective slots in the list.

I have a "Complete A Province" mission, and currently I have several provinces that I have done all but one conflict. So, I get the "Complete A Province" mission going... and simply complete the last conflict in one of them... ping! Easy cash.
Then, decline mission after mission until "Complete A Province" appears again (which is only declining 12-15 missions before it comes up again)... then, go into another province which only has one conflict left... ping! Easy cash and supplies again.
I do this often enough, and I get a ton of stuff. It's also wise to leave a couple provinces with only one conflict left.
On a rainy day, the extra awards come in handy.

One of the other missions I have is "Make 2000 Supplies"... and it pays 45k Gold.
Now, making 2000 supplies takes me an hour at most... so what I do, is start production in workshops... then decline missions, maybe do one of the province missions... then, an hour down the line when my workshops are complete I decline missions until "Make 2000 Supplies" appears again.
Only then, do I actually click each workshop and collect the goodies. Ping! Immediate 45k Gold.

Loophole the missions. I've been playing for only a week, and I've made massive progress already.

DeletedUser66

These are the repeatable quests you're referring to and a lot of players are taking advantage of them doing the same thing you are. It is easy cash and supplies.

Because of these we are starting to see balancing changes like the one in today's update where a mission requirement was raised to 150 000 gold from 50 000 gold.

DeletedUser114

Hiya Da Twista, are you trying to say we are doing something wrong playing this way ?

Unicorn. :)

DeletedUser66

Not at all, many players including myself take advantage of the repeatable quests. I don't use my workshops any longer, I've even demolished some to free up space because I don't need them when I get enough supplies from quests.

But I do think this is an unintentional gameplay mechanic the developers overlooked in the design and will most likely be changed some time.

DeletedUser330

I hope they don't. I find making 2000 supplies that makes cash, a great asset to buy steel and marble... I only get the bonus on planks so it's super handy to have that mission as a fall back when supply of steel is low from players.

DeletedUser114

Hiya again Da Twista :)

Ahh I see what you mean now, I still have 5 workshops working all the time and when I have lots of spare tools I buy steel and planks from the wholesaler which helps me a lot with negotiating as I don't do any fighting as I can't get the hang of it hehehehe. :)

Uni.

DeletedUser330

Fighting is easy enough. Just move your foot soldiers one space at the start, and don't move long range soldiers at all.
That means the computer will move the max amount of squares, and still can't reach you yet to attack.
Your next move will be enough to move in and get the first hit in. Keep long range soldiers one or two squares behind the foot soldiers.

DeletedUser114

Hi Rodent, How do you move just 1 space, every time I try that it won't move to the next unit till I have moved him all the spaces he can move ?

Thanks in advance Uni :)

DeletedUser

Hi Rodent, How do you move just 1 space, every time I try that it won't move to the next unit till I have moved him all the spaces he can move ?

Thanks in advance Uni :)

Just move him one space and then click on him again and then the focus will move to the next troop that is due to move

DeletedUser114

Tyvm for the reply Kazobel...I might give fighting 1 more chance now :)

DeletedUser66

If you can fight, best you do since some of the negotiations are unforgiving on your goods. But learning the mechanics on fighting, you will be able to beat a lot of the provinces quite easily. Never auto-fight, you will save a lot of troops if you manually fight.

Another little hint, if you have Treants II, you can beat all crystal provinces just using those. I have 9 per squad x 5 and I lose maybe 1 unit each time only. You can take over a whole crystal province with about 5 - 10 Treant II loses. Well worth it!

DeletedUser

If you can fight, best you do since some of the negotiations are unforgiving on your goods. But learning the mechanics on fighting, you will be able to beat a lot of the provinces quite easily. Never auto-fight, you will save a lot of troops if you manually fight.

Another little hint, if you have Treants II, you can beat all crystal provinces just using those. I have 9 per squad x 5 and I lose maybe 1 unit each time only. You can take over a whole crystal province with about 5 - 10 Treant II loses. Well worth it!

Thanks for that, I gave it a go there and the Trenants just slaughter the Orcs and war dogs, I'm still on Trenants I so have 6 per squad and in 4 fights only lost 2 units

DeletedUser

Thanks I needed that info! for fighting better!
Fighting is easy enough. Just move your foot soldiers one space at the start, and don't move long range soldiers at all.
That means the computer will move the max amount of squares, and still can't reach you yet to attack.
Your next move will be enough to move in and get the first hit in. Keep long range soldiers one or two squares behind the foot soldiers.