• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A Gateway into the Past

Sir Derf

Adept
Does anyone else think the Dwarven Chips look like satellite receiver antennas? That is all I can see when I look at them sitting on the ground :)
No. I don't get a 3-D dish-shaped vibe off the image.

But, now that you made me stare at it, I can no longer see it as anything but an overly thin pop-cap can of tuna fish

dbrad000

Alchemist
Does anyone else think the Dwarven Chips look like satellite receiver antennas?
Having lived among the Dwarves for a time in my misspent youth, I find the Chips in the game are accurate representations. The color is a little off, as true Dwarven Chips have a brilliant sheen. Otherwise, the game Chips are spot on.

Jake65

Sage
I've got 6/7 set buildings so far.
Very unlikely I'll get #7 but the 6 can be placed in a way that they all get their maximum set boost. The footprint is a bit odd :)
Nice that an incomplete set can still get full boost.

pobble

Spellcaster
Interesting, I came to this thread expecting to find lots of people who don't like the new event. And that doesn't seem to be the flavour.

So, I've been playing actively since early 2017. I have completed every event, trying hard to get the full sets every time. I have every evolving building and several favourite sets (upgraded using the royal restorations) on show in my city.

This is the first ever event I have abandoned. It is slow, fiddly, the piece graphics are confusing, I cant figure out any strategy to get the best prizes, and yes I did watch the videos. In my FS, all the players who have commented on it have given up on it. And it is noticable that fewer of the players in our normally buzzing FS are active since it started, there is an air of 'sitting it out'.

So, I'm really looking forward to the next event, and I hope that we will either never see this merge format again, or at least not for a very long time.

Sir Derf

Adept
My 2 cents guess, if it returns, it will be yearly. Look to the Spooky Forest and the Winter 16 Gifts style events.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
This is the first ever event I have abandoned. It is slow, fiddly, the piece graphics are confusing, I cant figure out any strategy to get the best prizes, and yes I did watch the videos. In my FS, all the players who have commented on it have given up on it. And it is noticable that fewer of the players in our normally buzzing FS are active since it started, there is an air of 'sitting it out'.

The event does take a bit to get used to. What I did to keep it simple is to pick a trade I want, I personally pick the ones with the most lucky draws and highest odds of winning them, it’s usually the trades in the middle. Once I get the trade I want, I match the pieces. I match one type of pieces at a time by keeping them in the middle of the board and moving other types to the edge. This way the pieces are close together and it’s easier to see whether they’re same level or not. Then I keep matching the same ones till I get the level of the piece I need (it gets ticked in the trade window) and then move left over bits to the edge to start matching other types of pieces. It can actually get quite addictive.

SkyRider99

Mentor
The event does take a bit to get used to. What I did to keep it simple is to pick a trade I want, I personally pick the ones with the most lucky draws and highest odds of winning them, it’s usually the trades in the middle. Once I get the trade I want, I match the pieces. I match one type of pieces at a time by keeping them in the middle of the board and moving other types to the edge. This way the pieces are close together and it’s easier to see whether they’re same level or not. Then I keep matching the same ones till I get the level of the piece I need (it gets ticked in the trade window) and then move left over bits to the edge to start matching other types of pieces. It can actually get quite addictive.
Great minds think alike @Silly Bubbles :cool:

AsterObelix

Alchemist

I followed a similar system. Reject trades till I find one I like.
Then I start on drawing the pieces. I put the figurines in column 1, the tools in column 4 and the dice in column 7.
Level 1 on the first row, level 2 on the 2nd row, till level 5 in the 5th row. Pieces of level 6 I put in the 2nd, 5th and 8th column.

If I draw a piece which has the same level of which I already have one I immediately combine them and move them one row up till I get a piece of the level I need. (by drawing or combining).

This way I keep the board as empty as possible.

And as you said it's quite addictive. It's the sort of event I like the most. I certainly hope to see it more often.

Jake65

Sage
I've got 6/7 set buildings so far.
Very unlikely I'll get #7 but the 6 can be placed in a way that they all get their maximum set boost. The footprint is a bit odd :)
Nice that an incomplete set can still get full boost.
TinnedFish&DwarfChips.jpg

About the best layout I can figure for a 6 piece set for max boost.
A lot neater than the layout I've currently got which looks a bit like I dropped a box of lego :)

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Here's how much I don't know about any type of maths which goes beyond what I'd call basic numeracy. Can anyone help me out here?

These two Requests both appear to have the same 20% chance of winning 2 x Lucky Draw : the upper is 'Rare' and the lower is 'Extroardinary' :

Summer_Event_2022_Chest_Odds_Rare_Extraordinary_Request_01a.jpg
Summer_Event_2022_Odds_Rare_Extraordinary_Request_01b.jpg
Summer_Event_2022_Odds_Rare_Extraordinary_Request_01c.jpg

... but does it make any difference, probability-wise, that there are both a different number of other possible outcomes and different odds attached to them? My experience with rolling physical dice suggests to me that there may well be a difference, but my lack of maths ability decrees that I have no idea how it works in the Event, where there are no physical dice and we also have no idea of how Inno's RNG works.

Or am I just mistaken all round, and translating the 'virtual' dice rolls into real ones would actually not affect the 20% Lucky Draw chance...?

(NB : I know that - outside of the above question - there is also the 'cost per Red Gem' to consider, in terms of producing the Board Pieces required).

How does it go? "Random, random, everywhere" - I may not be Ancient just yet, but I'm starting to understand the Mariner's point of view...! o_O

Last edited:

AsterObelix

Alchemist
Here's how much I don't know about any type of maths which goes beyond what I'd call basic numeracy. Can anyone help me out here?

These two Requests both appear to have the same 20% chance of winning 2 x Lucky Draw : the upper is 'Rare' and the lower is 'Extroardinary' :

View attachment 6512 View attachment 6515 View attachment 6516

... but does it make any difference, probability-wise, that there are both a different number of other possible outcomes and different odds attached to them? My experience with rolling physical dice suggests to me that there may well be a difference, but my lack of maths ability decrees that I have no idea how it works in the Event, where there are no physical dice and we also have no idea of how Inno's RNG works.

Or am I just mistaken all round, and translating the 'virtual' dice rolls into real ones would actually not affect the 20% Lucky Draw chance...?

(NB : I know that - outside of the above question - there is also the 'cost per Red Gem' to consider, in terms of producing the Board Pieces required).

How does it go? "Random, random, everywhere" - I may not be Ancient just yet, but I'm starting to understand the Mariner's point of view...! o_O

The chances to get lucky cards are in both cases 20% and the odds for the other possible outcomes don't affect that.
In real life we could use an 100-sided dice and assign that when we get a number between 1 and 20 (including 1 and 20) we get lucky cards.

In the first example we assign the numbers 21 till 35 in getting the daily exclusive.
In the second example the numbers 21 till 40 in getting the big daily prize.
In both cases we do that till all numbers till 100 have a reward assigned.

Assuming we have a fair dice we have an expectation that in 20% of the cases we will get lucky cards.
The chances for the other rewards don't change that.

In this game a virtual dice is used. That's done by a (pseudo-) random number generator. There are plenty of fair algorithms for that.
Assuming that Inno is using one of those fair algorithms (and I have no reason to believe that they don't do that) it will act in the same way as a fair dice. So you still have a 20% chance for getting lucky cards.

To be honest I would trust the virtual dice more than the real one. A slight damage to the dice (and with an 100-sided dice that doesn't seem impossible) will already influence the results of it.

Hope this helps.