• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

'A Gateway into the Past' new-format starts in Beta on July 7th

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys, Yes! I believe if none of the choice are appealing to you but they are all green, you would have to bin one of the pieces in order to open it back up again, which should in turn allow you to reset the choices :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Sir Derf

Adept
Well, I certainly don't remember a Beta person mentioning that little detail...

Can you pass that up to the PTB to suggest this be changed... I shouldn't have to do something I don't want in order to do throw away something I don't want, especially when if I couldn't do what I don't want, I could trash it for free.

Jackluyt

Shaman
The more pieces you have, the more likely you will match a recipe. And then not be able to decline that offer.

Sooooo, if I have all the pieces to match with all the offers, but I don't like any of the offers, I can't decline any of them? I have to either combine or delete pieces until I break a recipe?
This problem does not arise if you only craft pieces for offers that you intend to accept.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
There's some more information on trades and the slots here:

I don't have any more information on trades costs and related patterns yet. At this moment, I'm thinking of recording the trade offer cost details as they keep coming up and see what I can make out of it.
I'm quoting a player (Karvest) from the Beta Forum, probably answers some of your questions:

It looks like that the Live version is a bit different to Beta version. Chests don't have a specific slot but they are sorted in value order, the least value at the top, the most value at the bottom. That can be handy.

Sir Derf

Adept
I'm not sure that that is a correct observation... I believe that I trashed a high-value offer in the first slot, after which the first slot held the 30 minute cool down counter, after which it was replaced in the first slot by a new low-value offer. The offers might have been initially ordered, but what happens after that is entirely random. I think. I'll verify when I play again.

Yeah, slots don't reorder. You accept or trach an offer in a slot, you get a new offer in that slot. High Value or Low Value, Top, Middle or Bottom Slot, doesn't appear to matter to me.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'm not sure that that is a correct observation... I believe that I trashed a high-value offer in the first slot, after which the first slot held the 30 minute cool down counter, after which it was replaced in the first slot by a new low-value offer. The offers might have been initially ordered, but what happens after that is entirely random. I think. I'll verify when I play again.

Yeah, slots don't reorder. You accept or trach an offer in a slot, you get a new offer in that slot. High Value or Low Value, Top, Middle or Bottom Slot, doesn't appear to matter to me.

So is this a theory, observation or a feeling? It'd be great to have something more specific to go by.
And yes, I haven't checked what happens when you just decline/accept one order and what order replaces it. I won't put much effort into this as it's interfering with the data collection quite a bit.

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
Sorry if I wasn't clear, Between the first and second paragraph I played a little more. Offers don't appear to shift around. Manipulate the first slot, and it's the first slot that gets replaced, regardless of the value of the offer manipulated or replaced.

@Jackluyt, I noticed that the Dwarven chips for the quests are much lower than what is mentioned in the Quest list!
I am at Quest #62, the reward is only 31 Dwarven chips (screenshot attached), but according to your guide, must have been 44!

Screenshot from 2022-08-09 09-12-31.png

AsterObelix

Alchemist
@Jackluyt, I noticed that the Dwarven chips for the quests are much lower than what is mentioned in the Quest list!
I am at Quest #62, the reward is only 31 Dwarven chips (screenshot attached), but according to your guide, must have been 44!

View attachment 6477
Your observation is correct. I guess that Inno has adjusted the amounts of event currency we can win between Beta and Live. Making it harder to get a complete set.