• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A game should be fun ... this has become just a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser7705

This game is highly successful, globally. Most players do not come to the Forum for this sort of conversation. They want to enjoy building in their towns, without all the hullabaloo feedback (opinions).
I'll never understand these same Forum members who come on here, year after year, who complain about this game and continue to play while bashing every announcement or release note.
It's extremely rude and I dare say hypocritical to post constant negativity on here (from the same players). We get tired of reading it. Sure, you have the right to your opinion, but when is enough, enough?!
Be kind or move on...or give constructive feedback without the negativity. The world is a much nicer place to live in when we're all being respectful to one another. I hope you all find true happiness and civility towards others online.
https://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/73911/live-and-kicking-elvenar-five-years/

Julian

Sorcerer
I finish the spire every week ever since it's been introduced. You should not assume that someone doesn't know how to play this game, just because you cannot imagine how they could run out of spell fragments lol. Starting your sentence with "believe me", doesn't give any weight to your statement and for sure doesn't make it true.
By picking apart my sentence, you imply that I'm being arrogant, which wasn't my intention.

I don't finish the Spire every week and have crafting going constantly, but still have 173K spell fragments. Please tell me where I'm going wrong and where else I can spend them. Prove to me that my statement was wrong.

Killiak

Artisan
or give constructive feedback without the negativity.

That's exactly what a lot of people do and have been doing for YEARS on end, for example CrazyWizard and Minmax Gamer who have shown time and again that what Inno says and what Inno does are very different things.

Respect is a two-way street; pushing poorly liked changes, whilst at the same time saying "we look forward to your feedback!" but then hardly responding to said feedback, is highly unlikely to garner any respect.

Also, did you know there is a Block option in these forums? If you don't like reading posts from certain people, then go ahead and block them, because as you said; they have every right to post their opinion, many times even.

DeletedUser7526

This game is highly successful, globally. Most players do not come to the Forum for this sort of conversation. They want to enjoy building in their towns, without all the hullabaloo feedback (opinions).
I'll never understand these same Forum members who come on here, year after year, who complain about this game and continue to play while bashing every announcement or release note.
It's extremely rude and I dare say hypocritical to post constant negativity on here (from the same players). We get tired of reading it. Sure, you have the right to your opinion, but when is enough, enough?!
Be kind or move on...or give constructive feedback without the negativity. The world is a much nicer place to live in when we're all being respectful to one another. I hope you all find true happiness and civility towards others online.
https://www.pocketgamer.biz/interview/73911/live-and-kicking-elvenar-five-years/

It is because of those so called “negative” people, you still have a decent enough game going on.

Please Do not disrespect people Who are taking their time to provide feedback. The company wants feedback and hence they are maintaining the forum.

Overall, let’s stick to game / new features/ new releases feedback and refrain from opinions about others. This is a game feedback platform. Not a best behaviour coaching class.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
So your argument is "shut up or just quit the game"?? I´m sorry but we as customers, who spend real money in this game can and should say whatever we don´t like and protest all the time when it deserves it, we can even sue a company when their product is not what we should have received (all countries have their own laws about this issue), if you are so susceptible to this then it is not our problem, as someone said above, you´re free to pass this thread or even better block us.

The game before this new tournament patch was real cool, and yes, there were bad stuff here and there (the stuff that don´t deserve negativity and we all could understand and let it pass) but this new tournament system just killed the tournament, AW progression and many more, so this incisiveness is more than justified my friend.

Last edited:

Timneh

Artisan

If you read MTGs report (Innogames is part of the MTG group) you will see that Elvenar is declining, this can only be put down to less new people joining and players leaving the game or refusing to spend money. Why do you think this is ? If the designers and devs were doing as good a job as you seem to think they are would the game not be getting more popular?
Normally the last sentence of every announcement and release note is we look forward to reading your feedback, you seem to think that if players do not like what has been done to the game they should keep quiet or just "move on".
As has been said above you could always block the people that you don't like reading the posts of but i kind of think you might have nothing to read if you did that so another option you could consider is for you to not come to the forum and then you would not have to suffer all the negativity

DeletedUser6472

By picking apart my sentence, you imply that I'm being arrogant, which wasn't my intention.

I don't finish the Spire every week and have crafting going constantly, but still have 173K spell fragments. Please tell me where I'm going wrong and where else I can spend them. Prove to me that my statement was wrong.
I don't have to prove anything to you, but here you are... You are underestimating the impact of RNG in this game. I never had many SF to begin with, I mostly get those useless small Library buildings from the chests.
MA.PNG

AstralSoul

Illusionist

Yup, I wrote several replies about why so much negativity. It's the same in all games, even in MMORPGs, or empire games I played when they first started to exist... Very well said @CiraKelley

Very optimistic view on things currently going on in Elvenar, kudos to you :). However, I do not find it fun anymore watching my resources depleting by millions and troops decimated half way through the tourney. Also, there is no more trust in know how and capabilities of developers and game designer of Elvenar. There is nothing to look forward to anymore, there will be just one disappointment after another... PS: today I run out of spell fragments!!! Who would have thought that this is possible! So, it's just one shortage after another.

I know some of you disagree with me. I have to say that I am in no soft spot, it has been really tough for me as well. I am not going to say the same things again as I do not want to anger some people :p But, while everything that shimmers is not gold, the same applies to the opposite. Visualize this scenario:
Cater Province 30: Gold, Tools, Mana. This is much better than fighting, a good account must have spare gold, tools, and mana. Sure, it rocks my world when they hit me with tier 3s and especially orcs, but is when I try to fight then. I am starting to have more "of everything", and try to approach with a dual cater-fight behavior, and while it will yield fewer prizes, catering or fighting the right provinces also makes a difference, and I noticed this second week, possibly INNO's goal to make the game less rudimentary (many complain about that too, hence the topic of this very thread.)

I am planning for a bigger hit in the next scroll one, it's going to pulverize me, especially scrolls, I am sure, as it is super hard, but also its a new challenge. I am not going to say kudos nor flame INNO, I am going to stay neutral, as, with everything, it has both its positives and negatives.

Last edited:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Okay, so which is it hanging in your closet? Orc suit? Elf paint? Dwarf beard? :)

Me, I keep a supply of human outfits so's I can blend in...

Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe... Tip your waitstaff... I'll be here all week.
Yeah, my mistake, I already edited it

m4rt1n

Adept
Never a true word said, you hit the nail on the head, inno, have destroyed a good game all so they can make even more money. from Diamond sales

I play successfully and earn diamonds on a single city (no farms) just by playing and have spent nothing in over a year.

anonglitch

Co-Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Elvenar is free to play, @RodgerR :) Like every game, you have premium currency, diamonds. However, there are still many ways to earn diamonds, such as your Magic Academy Mystery Chests, and with more significance, the Spire (and a few more ways). If you take up the challenge and join with a good FS, you will be able to enjoy diamonds.

Elvenar is always evolving, and so it's our tournament. Several players are coming up with new strategies and new ways to work in the new tournament. The purpose here is to play and enjoy the game. Support always listens. Otherwise, our beloved teleport wouldn't exist, for example.

If your city is military-based like many, you already will have a lot of orcs from armories. Help yourself with some orc-nests. Catering gold, tools, and mana is generally a "please carter me" as it's worth more than fighting it, especially when they ask for all three! When they ask for your tightest goods, and orcs, its an excellent time to use force instead!

It is essential to understand that this also makes the game more appealing to our new players, and that is positive for everybody. That means more NH visits, more FSs, and a broader player base that sticks to the game. That, ultimately, is what keeps Elvenar or any game alive!

And as with everything, eventually, we all come up with the right strategy. Change is scary, but it is not necessarily bad :)

C-Nymph

Necromancer
I will never understand how MMO's always come to a point where they believe that the players are having too much fun and it MUST be stopped. If you look at the greatest MMOrpgs you will find this over and over. It makes no sense and always leads to the destruction of the game. The odd thing is that once the developers see the game going down in flames they NEVER revert back to the original game that was fun.

I had a key to be a Beta tester in the game that was referred to as the "King of MMO's" (not everyone could simply sign up to be a Beta tester there) when an expansion came out that was absolutely horrible. Thousands of pages of rants fell on deaf ears and it was released in the same miserable condition it was in Beta. Outcome? They lost over a million subscriptions a month until their player base was less than it was a decade prior when it was first released. That's actually where I heard of this game, the WoW Beta forum.

If you have the idea that "they'll get used to it" I have sad news, none of the games ever returned to their glory and most went from being monthly subscription games to becoming Free to Play. People won't pay for something that's no longer fun.
It's most likely due to the Scrooge McDuck effect, the dollar signs in their eyes are leading them to change the game in such a way that they hope people will become desperate enough to start spending more and more money...

DeletedUser6472

Change is scary, but it is not necessarily bad :)
And here we have it folks, no changes will be made, we just have to either adapt or leave.
It is essential to understand that this also makes the game more appealing to our new players, and that is positive for everybody.
This is, right there, the mistake that these companies make. How many of those so called "new players" will be playing your game in 1 year time? How many of them will stick with your game, while you are just getting rid of your loyal, long-lasting player base???

Alcaro

Necromancer
*off topic*

Helloooo @anonglitch ! :D
Welcome aboard! Even tho I disagree with some things you've "said" I must say that I like your approach. Keep it this way, don't get offended easily, be more than a liaison and you'll be one fine moderator and even be considered part of the team. Our team ... player's team.

Status
Not open for further replies.