• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

A fistful of diamonds a day

DeletedUser1685

I would like all players to get 5 diamonds each, every day they log in.
On top of that I would like two days of the week, perhaps the weekend, perhaps the quietest days, perhaps random... to reward an extra 1-100 diamonds per player that logs in.

In a year each player would get 1825 if they logged in every day.
If they logged in every day they would also win another 100 (from the random log in days) each week.
So 5200.
Or 7025 diamonds for a year of logging in every day.

That's it.

DeletedUser1685

Let me outline my perspective on Elvenar. :)
I think of Elvenar more like gardening than gaming.
Do some planting or watering, go away, and come back to see things have happened. So I started playing Elvenar as something I could do in the background, and never intended to buy Diamonds. That would be like paying a landscaper to do my gardening, which would take away the enjoyment of watching progress over time.
I have played Elvenar for over a year now, and plan to stick around for another couple.
However when it comes to gardening I don't just think of my plot of land in Elvenar, but Elvenar as a whole. So I wonder at all the empty plots that are around me and I think about what might be changed to let Elvenar grow a little better.
Then I heard Timon and Rika talking about possible rewards for players who log in every day.
So this is what my idea flowered from.
Here is the reasoning of why...
1. When players log in to a game, they are choosing your game over others. That needs to be rewarded.
2. When players interact with other players in your game, they are providing content for your game, they give other players something to interact with. That needs to be rewarded.
3. When players spend time in your game they develop a culture for your game. That needs to be rewarded.

So what's the easiest way to reward someone? What does everyone like for their birthday?
Currency.
Because currency gives them choice. Gives them power.

Diamonds are a currency. Virtual, but so is every currency. However for Elvenar game makers it is free to make, and systems are there already to give players Diamonds.

That's how this idea evolved. Simple as possible, while achieving the goal of making the garden grow.

DeletedUser702

Hi SanSweedy, keep on dreaming!! Inno giving away diamonds?
Not ever! They need them to sell to the players!! LOL

Timneh

Artisan
Hi SanSweedy, keep on dreaming!! Inno giving away diamonds?
Not ever! They need them to sell to the players!! LOL

They already do give away diamonds. Every time you start a new chapter you get 200 diamonds though i have not started a new chapter since this was introduced so i have not experienced it.
As for Inno giving diamonds as a log in reward every day that is very unlikely. Timon did say they are going to look at rewarding players that log in every day but that reward is more likely to be a i min time booster instant or if we are really really lucky it might be a 3 min.

DeletedUser1685

That chapter reward is relatively new, and probably isn't retrospective, that is, older players miss out on chapters they have done.
I really don't care about boosters, spells, relics, nor instants, so they are not rewards to me. Calling them rewards doesn't necessarily make them rewarding. Timon can go check out my hundreds of them safely stored away covered in dust, except for when a quest asks for me to make Power of Provision, then a shiny new one gets put on the dusty pile.
I understand that Innogames has to put tremendous pressure on players to buy Diamonds, that Diamonds are worth real money to Innogames.
All money is an intangible, virtual item, and being Scrooge with it, doesn't mean fun, and games thrive on fun. People pay money for fun. I don't think Innogames sees it that way, they see Diamonds as money they could have made, and that makes them reluctant to spend Diamonds, so, my guess is that they will never be more generous with Diamonds.
That doesn't mean I should stop saying what I think is a better way forward.

DeletedUser3337

So I'll stop posting here.
Aw :( .. try to ignore it, I am trying too! Its aweful. (bet they will edit away this sentence again)
Your suggestion of 5 diamonds of daily log in bonus was good!
Anno Online fe. gives minor rewards each day, a few goods, small buildings, boosts. And each 100th day of log in you get a nice amount of game currency. Players love it!

DeletedUser66

A five day system.

The day 1 - 4 logins and can be anything really, but the bonus for 5 days is the one players will go for.

I notice that this thread, and a few of my others, get moved to different forums without any explanation, nor any communication.
That lack of interaction, and an over-love of micro-management, is how forums die.
My default position on all forums is that if a thread gets moved, it's dead to me. So I'll stop posting here.

This thread, I believe was posted in the general discussion and moved to the ideas section. Since it fits better here, the move is just fine. If a forum moderator had to send out a PM each time they did something on this forum, they would be PMing more than actually moderating.

DeletedUser4221

I laughed a little at the numbers myself, but still don't feel a need to post sarcastic comments in Ideas and Suggestions forum. Moderators should work more on removing spam.

Even if they do decide to give away diamonds that way it will probably be a lot less (10-15 diamonds every week if you logged in everyday for example is more realistic).

That chapter reward is relatively new, and probably isn't retrospective, that is, older players miss out on chapters they have done.

It's actually not a bad thing. I missed all the diamonds on previous chapters as well but at least newer players can catch up a little if they have higher level bh.

DeletedUser4400

i'm new and bought 1000 diamonds to buy two spaces because they were 450 diamonds, what a shock i got when they wanted 750 for second space, wont be buying more..... but as san said in the second post, i'm into two 9 hour cyles and a three hour cycle before long it will be 1 day cycles, where you come and spend half an hour a day as you wait for builds etc... not an exciting full game.

DeletedUser3542

They already do give away diamonds. Every time you start a new chapter you get 200 diamonds
Ok i know this post is almost a year old but i have to ask. did they stop giving away diamonds when you start a new chapter ?? i never have got any and just started chapter 5 when i saw this post.. have i been robbed by some dark hooded scallywag that came in the night ?? did the tavern keeper take it for all the beers i owe him ? or did they never give this reward at all or stop it??

DeletedUser3781

Ok i know this post is almost a year old but i have to ask. did they stop giving away diamonds when you start a new chapter ?? i never have got any and just started chapter 5 when i saw this post.. have i been robbed by some dark hooded scallywag that came in the night ?? did the tavern keeper take it for all the beers i owe him ? or did they never give this reward at all or stop it??
That post is from last friday :) They started giving diamonds recently, like a month ago or so.
But you haven't been robbed. It's only from chapter 6 onward, you get 200 for the Ancient Wonders tech and 200 from the chest on Advanced Scouts.
It makes sense imho not to give them earlier, to avoid people having additional cities just to feed diamonds to the main one.

DeletedUser3542

That post is from last friday :) They started giving diamonds recently, like a month ago or so.
But you haven't been robbed. It's only from chapter 6 onward, you get 200 for the Ancient Wonders tech and 200 from the chest on Advanced Scouts.
It makes sense imho not to give them earlier, to avoid people having additional cities just to feed diamonds to the main one.

Thank you Trufsonia for clearing that up, thought i'd been missing out on something ;) ok i'm a knobhead:confused:, i was looking at the wrong date and thought this post was older.:p

Last edited by a moderator: