• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered A Couple of Questions about Trader and Training

DeletedUser3520

Hi! I'm new to the game and so far enjoying it!
I do think there is lack of information about certain stuff like the ones I'm about to point at, hoping someone can show me the light.

1. Trader:
I just unlocked the trader and I am wondering why such few offers show up. I would be thinking that hundreds of offers with come up because there are loads of players? I can only see a couple dozens, instead. Whose offers show up in my Trader and what can I do to get more?

2. Units:
Training: What does training do exactly? I've been training my units since I built the Barracks but I still haven't figured out what difference does it make? (lack of info, here, Elvenar team). Why should I train them, what does it do?

Dead Troops: I also had Treant units, but they were apparently all killed? I thought they didn't run out. How does this work? How can I get more units, and in this case, how can I get some Treant units back? I find the quite useful.

Thank you in advance!

Cregganroe

Conjurer
1) Trader
You only see the trades of provinces you have completed (discovered) you will get more as you go further in the game... If you are in a fellowship you will also see all there trades

2) Units
Training your troopss gets more of them ready to battle... If you do not train troops then you cannot battle for provinces but only negotiate.... Personally I am a negotiater so the choice is up to the players preference of playing the game.... Fighting or negotiating...

3) Dead Troops
If you get defeated in a battle it means all your troops have died and in order to fight again you need to train more

4) More Information
You can find more information on all aspects of the game in the wiki pages... Fighting, training and trading plus what all the different buildings and there values.....

Hope this helps you out oh and welcome aboard BeanFarmerElf ;)

DeletedUser3097

Welcome to the game BeanFarmerElf! :cool:

A good tip is to join a fellowship as you will be able to trade with everyone in it without paying the trader's fee.

Fellowships looking for members post in these sections:

Arendyll https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.40/
Winyandor https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?forums/fellowships-seeking-members.43/

A good fellowship will always be ready to offer advice and help if needed.

Good luck!

DeletedUser3520

Thank you for the link cwgiii, it has some great info ;)

DeletedUser441

Trader becomes much better when you have the Blooming Trader Guild :).

DeletedUser3520

Brienne,
and how do I get it? do I have to research it at some point of the storyline?

DeletedUser441

Fairies Ancient Wonders . All AW researches are at the end of their respective chapters. Once you've done the research it still takes quite a while to collect all the rune shards in order to build it.:)

DeletedUser1829

I do think there is lack of information about certain stuff like the ones I'm about to point at, hoping someone can show me the light.

1. Trader:
I just unlocked the trader and I am wondering why such few offers show up. I would be thinking that hundreds of offers with come up because there are loads of players? I can only see a couple dozens, instead. Whose offers show up in my Trader and what can I do to get more?

2. Units:
Training: What does training do exactly? I've been training my units since I built the Barracks but I still haven't figured out what difference does it make? (lack of info, here, Elvenar team). Why should I train them, what does it do?

Dead Troops: I also had Treant units, but they were apparently all killed? I thought they didn't run out. How does this work? How can I get more units, and in this case, how can I get some Treant units back? I find the quite useful.

Thank you in advance!

1. It is the 200 closest people to you, which still is often a lot less trades then you expect. Your fellowship members are in addition to this. You pay a 50% trading fee to trade with anyone you have not discovered so posting trades regularly is best as there will be more people who can see you and take your trades at the start then you can see.

2. Your technology determines the size of squads you can take into combat, by training troops you will have squads ready to take into combat. In the case of the treant its technology comes in around chapter 3 so you can't replace those until you research them.

You are in the most challenging combat section of the game, it gets much easier from chapter 3 on wards, once you unlock all of the troop types.

As to the blooming trader wonder it has a greater impact to the wholesaler (another tab in the trader) then to trading. it does reduce your trading fee a little but you still pay a price to trade with people you have not discovered.

I have a guide on the US forum that has a lot of information on most aspects of the game that you may find helpful.