• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [8188] standby popup

DeletedUser590

so im using google chrome to play this game, and when i go into another tab for like 10 to 15 mins or so, when i tab back to elvenar it pops up with "Session timed out. you should not enter standby or power-saving mode while playing elvenar. which then forces a page reload.
it started like 4 or 5 days ago, but ive been playing for 3 months or so.
is it a new feature, or have i done something wrong? (or something to do with the browser)

DeletedUser1316

Hi Mivinar -

Do you step away from the computer for any period of time or are you just switching tabs between productions?

I have had this pop up before but only when my computer went into power save mode while I was away.

DeletedUser590

no i just switch between tabs to another browser game, and sometimes also another window and then the popup shows, so no, it doesnt go into powersave or standby, which is why im confused

DeletedUser

I can confirm this happening to me too, also on Chrome, and quite recently (within the last week). The session time-out occurs after a certain time of not being active in-game and browsing through other tabs just like Mivinar has described.

~ Valerius

DeletedUser186

Happening to me as well. I am using a Mac and Firefox.

DeletedUser

It just happened to me again, and all I did was view/write in the forums here for the last hour while having the game run in the other tab.

DeletedUser815

Thank you Everyone :)

This is a issue that started with the release of v0.34 and has been confirmed on the beta server as well as by me personally.

As this is a bug, I will be moving this thread to the bug report section.

DeletedUser

This actually happened to me the other day mid battle :p i.e. I wasn't even off tab lol. Using Firefox.

DeletedUser417

Using Chrome/Edge, depending on the mood of the game. It started after last game update.
Happens to me all the time while sleeping mode is disabled (all on never) and no screensaver is enabled. I play on both worlds so switching a lot.

2016-02-07 12.40000830.jpg

2016-02-07 12.41000831.jpg

I'm Dutch so my system is too, sorry for that. Geen means None and Nooit means Never.

DeletedUser

@Narquelion

I have both sleep mode and the screensaver enabled on my system. This bug occurs before either of them ever activate though. Are you saying that the bug doesn't occur when you enable sleep mode andthe screensaver on your system?

DeletedUser

I think she means it happens although her computer cannot enter standby due to the settings. @Valerius

DeletedUser590

somehow i feel like it has gotten worse in the newest version, now it also happens when i alt tab, instead of just happening when i browse in a different tab

DeletedUser289

I just had this for the first time today.

On my Windows computer that was NOT in sleep mode or anything. I was working at it in a different window for a few minutes. When I returned to Elvenar I had that standby message.

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

Thank you for letting us know! We have been made aware that the pop-up occurs more frequently after the recent update.

It has been forwarded to the development and should see a fix for this one soon. :)

Thanks!

DeletedUser590

We have been made aware that the pop-up occurs more frequently after the recent update.
was it not stated in the patch notes for the latest version that you even did something to fix it?

DeletedUser1316

was it not stated in the patch notes for the latest version that you even did something to fix it?

Hi Mivinar -

Yes, it can be found in this thread.

The particular section regarding this error is:
  • The error that ended the session due to going into "standby or power-saving mode" should not appear as often as it did anymore

DeletedUser289

That wouldn't be a success then, would it Aider? Seeing as I hadn't had the problem at all before?

DeletedUser3

Hey folks! It seems this was indeed not a successful fix, however our development team have worked on this some more and we should have a fix implemented within the next few days along with some improvements to the game. Please see this post (click) for more information :)