• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [6808] Buildings Disappearing when upgrading

DeletedUser667

Sometimes (not always), when I upgrade a building it just disappears. I can still put it but the picture is gone. If I cancel the upgrade the building remains invisible. When I refresh everything is back to normal but still I thought I should report this.

DeletedUser462

True story, this does happen often enough along other images disappearing (e.g. units in battle or completed provinces in world map).

I have just registered an account in the Beta server and my last two Residence upgrades have resulted into missing images at the moment they were completed while I was online. Note that this means it can happen to a newly registered player thus hurting his first impressions on Elvenar.

Screenshot of the bug:
WiTXTh7.jpg

If you need PC and OS information you can find them here but I can confirm this happening on at least 1 other PC as well.

DeletedUser3

Thanks both! This issue has been forwarded to our development team, however, we still don't have any reproduction steps for this one, so if anyone has noticed any kind of pattern to when this happens and when it doesn't, please do let us know :)

DeletedUser

I have also had this bug occur to me on Winyandor on two occasions about a week ago. It might have been coincidence, but both occurrences happened shortly after the last update and whilst an upgrade completed while in move mode.

Game version: 0.28.1954-69052f4-(master) (2015-11-03 11:42)
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Google Chrome Version 46.0.2490.86 (64-bit Linux)
Operating System: Linux Mint 17.2 Xfce 64-bit
Screen resolution: 1920 x 1080; 1440 x 900
Account name: Valerius
Humans or Elves: Elves
Hardware Acceleration: ON

EDIT: I just tested it and the buildings did not disappear after the upgrades finished while in move mode. Don't know what might have caused the other two incidences then.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser462

It happened again a moment ago. Unfortunately I cannot provide as much useful information as I would like, but this is what happened:
  1. I had the game session opened in my browser tab for about 3 hours. One more tab with a similar Elvenar session from the other server.
  2. Earlier in this period I have collected Coins, Supplies and Goods as well as accepting Goods trades from other players and Wholesaler while also completing repeatable quests and doing a little Neighborhood Help.
  3. Then I have started Supplies and Goods productions, and one upgrade of a Workshop to level 10 and left the tab opened without any more actions.
  4. Maybe 2 hours later I have started a Residence upgrade to level 9 and that's when the bug nation attacked my city.
  5. The animated image of one of my Workshops level 10 (which was just minding his own business), in a close range of the still upgrading and previously mentioned Workshop, disappeared.
  6. I have canceled the Residence upgrade and started it again but nothing really helped until I refreshed the browser tab.
  7. No problems since then including canceling the Residence upgrade and restarting it one more time.
Screenshot of the bug (red arrows to then canceled Residence upgrade and the missing image of a Workshop level 10):
bnEEqJk.jpg

I might try to guess it has something to do with the process of starting or finishing an upgrade and it usually appears in a little longer game session (you have collected some resources and have loaded a few other menus). Possibly affected by switching your browser tabs (thus leaving the game tab for a while) and having other tabs with Elvenar as well. Pretty sure it cannot be reproduced 100 out of 100 times.

Hope this somehow helps.

DeletedUser667

I also had the problem with the missing troops many times. (still not always) And for a while now (a couple of days or about the time that I reported this) I haven't had these disappearing bugs.

DeletedUser

In the last release notes it said "An error with Move and Upgrade for Residences of a certain level has been fixed". Does that mean this issue is believed to be fixed? If so, it definitely isn't. Attached is an example of a building that would disappear if it was lower level and I tried to upgrade it, with the badly drawn red rectangle showing the empty squares left available as upgrade space. I'm afraid I don't have any smaller buildings to demonstrate it. As far as I can tell, it happens in crowded spaces, so attempting to upgrade a building with free slots on every side may not reproduce the effect. These residences always need to be moved back one row on upgrading, although the space is theoretically available, since the extension is added to the front (as far as I can tell). A number of other people in my fellowship are experiencing this problem, as well as at least one person posting in the feedback thread to the last upgrade. It also happens in my human town.

Screenshot_5.png

DeletedUser667

It seems that we're talking about more than one bug here. What I told about was about buildings disappearing when upgrading them and troops disappearing, Rexxagor is talking about a building disappearing after finishing to upgrade and a building near the building he upgraded disappear (and disappearing troops too) and Slotharingia as I understand is reporting not being able to upgrade some buildings because empty space doesn't allow to be constructed and is understood by the game as taken (is this your problem?). Also it happened to me again recently and do I need to tell you any additional info and can I help somehow? Here is a photo of my most recent bug
rzddJvK.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser403

I tried 4 times this evening to upgrade my human Silk manufacture - each time I selected the upgrade and move, the building just disappeared, only to reappear after logging out and then back in. It worked on the 5th attempt.

The same when upgrading a residence - this upgrade took 2 attempts before the building remained visible.

DeletedUser

Slotharingia as I understand is reporting not being able to upgrade some buildings because empty space doesn't allow to be constructed and is understood by the game as taken (is this your problem?).

Actually it's both and more. I've had the buildings refuse the see the space as acceptable area and been forced to move them to start the upgrade and move them back after AND then simply disappearing when I try to upgrade them and not doing anything AND ALSO I've had them accepting the upgrade but disappearing, after which nothing else can be moved :D My screenshot showing the theoretically available space behind the to be upgraded building was intended to make it easier for the devs to reproduce the scenario, which I hope they can soon as it happens a lot.

DeletedUser667

I tried 4 times this evening to upgrade my human Silk manufacture - each time I selected the upgrade and move, the building just disappeared, only to reappear after logging out and then back in. It worked on the 5th attempt.

The same when upgrading a residence - this upgrade took 2 attempts before the building remained visible.

So you can't open the disappeared building? I only have my picture gone but I can still open the disappeared building. And also does this happen simultaneously to you? I haven't had this problem. For me it's only from time to time and as I've shown in the picture it starts upgradin' even though it disappears. Why is my problem different and are all of the things I said true?
And about Slotharingia wow you've got some load of problems. Hope it's all fixed.

DeletedUser667

I found out what is causing my disappearing bug! It's when I upgrade a building that is producing something and it also expands and I need to move it. When it asks me if I want to abort the production and I say yes it goes in move mode and the building disappears. I can still put it and upgrade it only the picture is gone. Even if I don't upgrade it and click done it remains working and invisible.

DeletedUser3

Hey jonatanlion! Thanks for the additional information :) we will forward this to our development team :)

firerock

Enchanter
I have had this before, but usually I put it down to running out of memory and not having any memory left to load the new image.
The buildings are there but are invisible.

it usually happens to me on residences and does not have to have a change of building size.

DeletedUser524

Sometimes (not always), when I upgrade a building it just disappears. I can still put it but the picture is gone. If I cancel the upgrade the building remains invisible. When I refresh everything is back to normal but still I thought I should report this.
Also find this happen when I upgrade and have to move. Find have to move first then upgrade sometimes help. Also at times thing every thing vanish. Have to reload browser and programme

DeletedUser417

Happens to me all the time now that I'm upgrading residences from 15 to 16. I have to reload to see the building after upgrading. It happens when you have to move and upgrade (changing size).