• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

65535 The Perfect Number

DeletedUser111

yqoNV5A.jpg

• 65535 occurs frequently in the field of computing because it is the highest number which can be represented by an unsigned 16-bit binary number. Some computer programming environments may have predefined constant values representing 65535, with names like MAX_UNSIGNED_SHORT.
  • In older computers with processors having a 16-bit address bus (such as the MOS Technology 6502 and the Zilog Z80), 65535 (FFFF16) is the highest addressable memory location. Such processors thus support at most 64 KiB of total byte-addressable memory.
  • A Java class or interface can have at most 65535 methods. The code of a constructor in Java is limited to 65535 bytes.
  • In an unpatched version of Microsoft Excel 2007, many mathematical computations evaluating to 65535 will display incorrectly. For example =850*77.1 displays as 100000 rather than 65535. Microsoft reports[1] this to be a display-only bug for only 6 floating point numbers near 65535 and 65536. These display issues do not occur in editions of Excel that have been updated to Office 2007 service pack 2.
  • In Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac, 65535 is the highest line number that will be displayed.

DeletedUser

I was talking about the original post lol, people say that here when they don't have a clue what's being said or frankly, WHY. Lol.

DeletedUser

I delete my post,but next time learn to "QUOTE" to know who u talk in...beacause I have a bad english and i was thinking i write something wrong upper and thats why u ask what language.Thank u !

DeletedUser

I'm afraid you're in the wrong here lol. I asked whether the language was french or german - none of what you said was either french or german.... I don't do things on your say so, k? If you jumped to the wrong conclusion, that's on you, not my responsibility.

DeletedUser

yqoNV5A.jpg

• 65535 occurs frequently in the field of computing because it is the highest number which can be represented by an unsigned 16-bit binary number. Some computer programming environments may have predefined constant values representing 65535, with names like MAX_UNSIGNED_SHORT.
  • In older computers with processors having a 16-bit address bus (such as the MOS Technology 6502 and the Zilog Z80), 65535 (FFFF16) is the highest addressable memory location. Such processors thus support at most 64 KiB of total byte-addressable memory.
  • A Java class or interface can have at most 65535 methods. The code of a constructor in Java is limited to 65535 bytes.
  • In an unpatched version of Microsoft Excel 2007, many mathematical computations evaluating to 65535 will display incorrectly. For example =850*77.1 displays as 100000 rather than 65535. Microsoft reports[1] this to be a display-only bug for only 6 floating point numbers near 65535 and 65536. These display issues do not occur in editions of Excel that have been updated to Office 2007 service pack 2.
  • In Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac, 65535 is the highest line number that will be displayed.
is there a point to this that im not seeing or understanding?

DeletedUser111

is there a point to this that im not seeing or understanding?
The point is the amount of money I had was a significant number in the terms of computing, most old timer techs will recognize the number 65535.

DeletedUser

lol, I got it. The numbers 65535 and 65536 are forever etched into my memory. As is every other power of 2 between 2^0 and 2^16

Obligatory 1111111111111111

DeletedUser

Oh you know more about Computers then I will ever know! You Rock MrSiborg

DeletedUser

Didn't understand a thing, I'll call Spock, maybe he'll understand and explain it to me.

DeletedUser111

Just read the replies and the original post, it's all explained there.

DeletedUser

I get it, it about that number. But when I read the first post, I got lost. It a compliment, you really are great with that tech thing. :) Oh and you play the West as well. I used to play that game, but I feel like the only way to to be the best in The West game is to buy your way through. My name over there is Sitad. :) Maybe you've seen me around over there, or not. :)

DeletedUser

I loved The West tell there was a mess up with it and I lost my game. So no more West for me. I steal play FoE

DeletedUser

yqoNV5A.jpg

Show off :rolleyes: ha just kidding I'm an old timer tech too so have vivid memories of 65535 being bet into my head as a young'un, ain't nostalgia grand :D