• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [5580] Workshop to level 5

DeletedUser93

OK this may or may not be officially a bug, but the latest quest wants at least 2 of the workshops raised to at least level 5. Things is I have already raised five of mine to that level already (I don't exactly sit idly by folks, (Small smile) So the question/bug here is, don't the ones I have already built count? There is nothing stating I must upgrade now, just that I need at least 2 to level 5 which criteria as worded I do meet.

Sorry folks, but having spend over a year testing the Everquest Landmark world currently in closed beta, and this being a beta world as well, I put my same aggressive bug searching and reporting style to use here as well to help get the bugs out

DeletedUser23

It's not a bug no, you need to upgrade a workshop to trigger the quest. It can be any level above 5 though.

That's a repeatable quest too, so it's different to the story quests which state "have a building at xx level" where you don't have to upgrade specifically for that quest.

DeletedUser93

It's not a bug no, you need to upgrade a workshop to trigger the quest. It can be any level above 5 though.

That's a repeatable quest too, so it's different to the story quests which state "have a building at xx level" where you don't have to upgrade specifically for that quest.

I hear 'ya, the quest was to raise two from level 4 to level 5 or higher, so with several workshops already up to that level I am asking, "Why are they not counting these I already raised up?" Seems like they are penalizing us for actively thinking ahead if they won't count them.

DeletedUser23

I hear 'ya, the quest was to raise two from level 4 to level 5 or higher, so with several workshops already up to that level I am asking, "Why are they not counting these I already raised up?" Seems like they are penalizing us for actively thinking ahead if they won't count them.

Because it's a repeatable quest, so they want you to repeatedly raise their levels. Otherwise, if they counted those you already leveled, you could just keep doing that one quest for infinite rewards (by declining all others so you get to that one quest over and over).

DeletedUser

I believe there's a word upgrade in this quest and it is the point of this quest :)

DeletedUser3

Indeed, Tempus and sheepski are correct - 'upgrade' means you must do the task after accepting the quest - buildings you have in your city before getting the quest will not count, for the reasons already stated.

There is however an issue right now with upgrades that complete while you are offline sometimes not counting for a quest of this type. The issue has been forwarded to our development team and we are currently awaiting a fix. You can keep up to date with information on this issue in this thread.

As the issue raised in the opening post is not in fact a bug, I'm marking this thread accordingly.

DeletedUser93

Because it's a repeatable quest, so they want you to repeatedly raise their levels. Otherwise, if they counted those you already leveled, you could just keep doing that one quest for infinite rewards (by declining all others so you get to that one quest over and over).
Actually you can't repeat a quest infinitely as you have suggested, I learned this already as I did decline one once, and it came with a clear warning I can not have access to it again. This still does not change my assertion however, If it states it wants me to have two level five workshops as a quest, and I have already done this, then I should be credited for already doing this. (As an example, Innogames already does this over on their own Grepolis games if you are familiar with that one.) They should keep the same standard through all games, otherwise there should at least be a disclaim to the effect of 'Any prior upgrades that match this quest will not count' or words to that effect.

And yes Tempus, we are talking upgrades, the point here is I already had done the requested upgrade, and won't get credit for it.

To be honest, by 'kronking' a player by throwing a quest after the fact, and not giving credit is not going to sit well on some players (Myself included) This may explain in part why I have come across so many abandoned cities in the game already because of this perceived 'screw the player' attitude. And the game will certainly fail if the word goes around about such poor game actions.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

My apologies Wyldewood, it seems we posted at the same time. If you have not been credited for an upgrade you started after accepting this quest, then it does sound like the bug I linked in my post above. As I said, this issue has been reported to the development team for fixing, and we hope it will be fixed soon. Meanwhile, if you can try to complete the required upgrades while online, the quest should indeed complete successfully :)

As this is a duplicate of the thread I linked in my previous post, I'll mark it accordingly, and close it - this is to help keep all information about the issue in one place.