• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [5580] Building upgrade quest doesnt count when offline

DeletedUser35

Game version: 0.17.13711-7a045c7-(master) (2015-05-26 10:46)
Game world: 1
Browser + version:
Chrome, Version 43.0.2357.81 m
Flash Player version: 17,0,0,188
Operating System: XP
Screen resolution: 1280 x 1024
Account name: Zmiro
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5

Quest title: Upgrade 3 residences that are at least level 4

Problem: i always upgrade 3 residences at the same time (and yes they are at least level 4 :)) and if im online the quest finishes just fine, but if im offline when they finish upgrading the quest only counts 2 residences but not the 3rd one

my guess here is that it only counts 2 default builders but not the 3rd one (bought one)

and it happened absolutely every time when im offline

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser47

From what I have read on the other forums, this is not considered a bug. You have to be online when the building finishes in order to get the reward for the quest. Or you can decline the quest and continue to the next one in the cycle.

DeletedUser3

Hello Zmiro, thanks for reporting this issue :)

It may well be just that you were not online when the quest completed, but in order that we can check this out for you and make sure there isn't another issue, could I please request that you fill in our template (click) with as much detail as possible. You can edit the template into your original post by clicking 'Edit' at the bottom left of your post. Thanks in advance for your assistance investigating this issue!

DeletedUser35

i have edited my first post i hope you have all extra info you need

@Amy Steele : even if i wasnt online shouldnt the quest be completed and wait for me to collect the reward?

@Fern: i also play on the US server, and occasionally check forum, and if i remember correctly there were problems with quests that didnt finish when players were offline, supposedly that was fixed with one of the updates (again if i remember correctly, might be wrong)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3

Thank you for the additional information Zmiro :)

You are correct! There was indeed an issue with certain quests not completing when players were offline. That issue is now marked as fixed, which is why it's important to figure out what exactly is going on in this case, as the quest should indeed complete :)

DeletedUser66

Just to mention, I'm sitting with a similar issue but have been online during the upgrades. Screenshots provided.

I now have 3 residences sitting at level 3.
03usim5.png

Quest does not progress even while I've been actively online during this time
HxMCTxr.png

DeletedUser3

Hello Da Twista, and welcome to the forum :)

Just so I understand you correctly, are your buildings now level 3, or level 4? The requirement of your quest is to upgrade 2 buildings "that are at least level 3" - that is, they must be on level 3 (or higher) before the upgrade :)

DeletedUser66

Wow it hurts my brain. I see what you did there :p

Perhaps the string should then be changed to accommodate a more subtle explanation on what to do for the quest.

Example: "Upgrade 2 Residences to level 4"

DeletedUser23

Wow it hurts my brain. I see what you did there :p

Perhaps the string should then be changed to accommodate a more subtle explanation on what to do for the quest.

Example: "Upgrade 2 Residences to level 4"

Well the quest would work if you upgraded them to level 4 or higher, so "Upgrade 2 Residences to Level 4 or Higher" would be slightly better, but it still requires comprehension.

DeletedUser3

As Da Twista's issue is a text one, I've copied the last few posts to a new thread in the text errors forum :)

If anyone else has an issue with upgrade quest not completing, as per the OP, please let us know, so we can try to reproduce this issue.

DeletedUser107

Think I had the same problem upgrading level 4 workshops or higher. 3 raised levels but only one recognised. Don't remember if I was online or not when they completed.
Have raised a suppot ticket about this before I came across this thread on the forum.

DeletedUser

Next time please chek what mission select to not be confused,are 3 or 4 missions :
example:
Upg. 3 building at least level 3(means to make it lv 4)-Residences,Workshops
Upg. 3 manufactories at least level 3 or more(means to make it lv 4)-any goods buildings(steel,planks,marble,scrolls..etc)
Upg. 3 bossted manufactories at lease level 3 or more(means to make it lv 4)-(only what is your boosted resuces,chek the main hall or on map the ! middle-down of map.)

Sometimes i select one of this missions and go offline,when i come back the mission is count and i just collect my reward :d

DeletedUser3

Thanks all - we have now identified an issue with quests of this type sometimes not recognising the upgrade if the player is offline when the upgrade completes. This issue has been forwarded to our development team for fixing. In the meanwhile, if you have a quest to upgrade buildings please try to ensure that you are online when the relevant upgrades complete. If this is not possible for you, or if the quest still fails to recognise the upgrade when you are online, please contact support.