• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [5378] Trader problem

DeletedUser

Game version: 0.17.13711-7a045c7-(master) (2015-05-26 10:46)
Game world: International 1
Browser + version: Chrome 43.0.2357.81 m
Flash Player version: 17.0.0.188
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1400:900
Account name: Apofisz
Humans or Elves: human

Reproducibility: 5/5
(1/5 = happened once; 2/5 = happens randomly; 3/5 = happens sometimes; 4/5 = happens often, but not always; 5/5 = happens always)

Quest title: __ (if applicable)

Current situation:

I can't see any trades in the trader, even if i have agreed with somebody and she put up some goods to trade, she can see my trades in the trader.

Expected situation:
__
__

Reproduction Steps
__
2. __
3. __
4. __
5. __

Add more steps if needed. Include only ONE action for each step!

Screenshots of the bug:
(add as many screenshots as you need)

DeletedUser23

The trader will only show trades from your vicinity, and as the server hasn't been up long, there may not be anyone with either a trader or goods spare to trade around you as of yet.

DeletedUser

Well that is not right, as i have just made my first trade with one player (an other one) with 2 province distance from me.
But she says that she can't see my trade offer even if i have 2 active trades on.

DeletedUser

Well that is not right, as i have just made my first trade with one player (an other one) with 2 province distance from me.
But she says that she can't see my trade offer even if i have 2 active trades on.

What is interesting that the first player who accepted my trade but i could not see her trades is in front of me in the rankings, and the same happening witht the other one, but in reverse: i'm before her : i can see her trades but she can't mine... that is crazy

DeletedUser14

For the moment, I can confirm that I do not see Apofisz offers although we are 3 provinces away. And he has accepted my offers already.

Our situation: Apofisz has discoverd me but I haven't discoverd him which shoudn't be a requirement for me to see his offers at this distance.
I will try to get to him asap to check if the system is only considering discovered players as trading partners if that helps.

add. It may have happened that he has placed his offers and in those moments while he was sending me a message someone took them but maybe it is worth to try it some more :D

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser23

"I can't see any trades in the trader" is what you said. That's because of what I explained.

If you have seen a trade and accepted it then there's no problem, surely?

Rating has no guaranteed correlation to how much land someone's explored.

DeletedUser7

While you can see trades from non-discovered players, there is only a certain amount of "range" in which this is possible. Unfortunately I cannot say for certainty if you should be seeing those trades at this time.

But a more likely case is, as Sheepski said, that currently you do not have anyone nearby who is inside your "trading range", has a trader, and has trades set up.

Do let us know if there is a change once you've both discovered each other's cities.

DeletedUser14

so... It took me quite a few of my troops but I have now discoverd Apofisz and now I can see his offers, so something is indeed not well imo.

Current situation:

Player can only see a trade offer in the Trader if he has discoverd the other player.

Expected situation:

Players should be able to see each others offers within a certain range, even if they did not discovered each other (trader fee aplied)

Reproduction Steps
Be close to other player ( 2/3 provinces)
2. don't have the relation as discovered
3. both place offers in the Trader
4. observe you won't see each other offers
5. discover each other
6. Observer now you can see each others offers

2LDAlEO.png

0JXT8Xb.png

Edit reason: added the spoiler :D

DeletedUser

Well in the first case, i have agreed with Zmiro to trade some goods, i could not seen his offers
(i'm 1 undiscovered province away and still have to fight the province to discover that province)
and if i'm right she told me that she is same distance from me but she could accept my offer:)

DeletedUser35

yeah something weird is going on with the trader (dunno if thats supposed to be that way but i doubt it)

about the problem me and apofisz had:

we are 5 provinces apart, i could see his offers and he couldnt see mine, the trade range shouldnt be a problem since i can see trades from players that are 10 provinces away from me

DeletedUser7

The difference between the two is at the moment Zmiro has acquired 3 out of the 5 provinces between you two, while apofisz has acquired only 2 out of the 5. At the moment you do not have any trades up, Zmiro --- if you create some, and apofisz does a refresh of the game, can they see the trades?

DeletedUser35

i have put a trade up, so we will see, but i can see trades from players 10+ provinces away from me, so 1-2 province between us shouldnt matter i guess

Edit: he still cant see my trade and i can see his

DeletedUser

trade.jpg
map.png

Well i have forced a bit, now i have acquired 4 provinces from 5 between us, still can't see anything

DeletedUser7

We're looking into this, please do not waste your city's resources unless you meant to acquire said provinces. :) We'll let you know if we need any additional information to figure out what the issue is. Apologies for any inconvenience in the meantime.

DeletedUser7

The team has been able to replicate the issue, and said issue has been reported to the developers. The "trading range" isn't always working as intended. Apologies for the trouble this issue is causing.

DeletedUser3

This issue should now be fixed :)
Please let us know if you still cannot see any trading partners beyond those players you have discovered.