• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived 5% Portal Profits not giving what it says it will give

kimkimkim

Summoner
As I hover my mouse over the 5% Portal Profit in my instants tab, it clearly shows that I would be getting 38 of each settlement good
S&D 38.png

But when I actually go to use it, I am only getting 37 of each settlement good.......feeling jipped:confused:
S&D 37.png

*** Just a side note and after checking - this is also happening with the 15% Portal Profit

Last edited:

DeletedUser6846

Which is a bug, when it is programmed differentely in two places. How much it actually gives; the rounded number or less than the maths says it should give?

No wonder this game has your own boost applied also to the enemy.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
No wonder this game has your own boost applied also to the enemy.

I don't want to be paranoid, but those Forest Warden hit really, really strong, seems like too much since the Rangers already hit like trucks. After province 20 is a nightmare.

*** Looks with a suspicious eye to his own troop boost buildings ***

Paladestar

Enchanter
There's two common ways of mid-point rounding: "away from zero" and "to even" (also called "banker's rounding").

Mid-point rounding "away from zero" always rounds up, so each time a transaction in a common direction is rounded, the same party always gains from the rounding up and the same other party always loses out.

Like in your case, if Inno always rounded "away from zero" for the 37.5 goods, you'd always be getting 38 and Inno would always be 'losing out' on 0.5 goods.

Mid-point rounding "to even" gives a 50/50 chance for who gains and who loses each time.

So, in your case if you had 95 goods already and the PP was due to give you 37.5:

95 + 37.5 = 132.5

Rounding to even means the value is rounded down to 132, so you gained 37.

If instead you had 100 goods already:

100 + 37.5 = 137.5

Rounding to even means the value is rounded up to 138, so you gained 38.

The tooltip on the PP item in your inventory isn't taking your current balance into account when rounding, so comes out differently sometimes. To have it do so would be more overhead for what is really an edge case and where no harm is really done - You're not losing out, 50% of the time you'll get 37 goods and 50% of the time you'll get 38 goods - Try it.