• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [4474] Black screen when visiting a neighbour

DeletedUser

I've been having this problem for a while now. The issue is that whilst on my neighbourly help trip, I visit someone and all I can see is a black screen with their avatar and some other info. I can't see anything in their city. I've tried refreshing, restarting my laptop, changing settings, yet the problem persists. I'm missing out on maybe 100k every time due to this.

What I'm doing that subsequently brings me to this problem:
  • Enter World Map.
  • Visit a neighbour and assist them.
  • Enter World Map again.
  • Click on a different neighbour.
  • BLACK SCREEN OF DEATH.

Operating system: Windows 8.1 64
Memory: 8 GB 1600 MHz DDR3L SDRAM (1 x 8 GB)
Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 840M (2 GB DDR3 dedicated)

I'm using internet explorer if that helps. In addition, I've also used Google chrome.

DeletedUser

It's been a bit better since posting, yet I have to reload elvenar every 2-3 times I assist a neighbour. The problem still exists though so I want it to be resolved asap.

DeletedUser23

I've had the same issue a few times; and again no refresh/reloading browser/computer, deleting cache, stopping other Flash uses etc have helped.

DeletedUser9

Hi guys,

This is indeed a kn
red18.png
wn issue on which our development team is currently working very hard. Hopefully, this one will be resolved as soon as possible for it's one of those nasty bugs! We'll keep you updated through this thread!

DeletedUser

I found that only when there are not enough system resources the black screen appears. My computer can tolerate 3GB of RAM usage by this game and this game eats that amount up quite fast, especially when visiting neighbours. Only shooting out Flash from Task Manager helps. Then the eating up of resources restarts. For those who suffers this each and every time: maybe the system resources are already used up by else.

DeletedUser3

Thank you Androidus, that's a great observation! I will make sure it gets passed on to the development team :)

DeletedUser3

Our development team are working very hard on this issue, but it's proving a tough one to crack. It's hoped that there will be a solution soon, but as yet I have no definite news on this.

firerock

Enchanter
This still happens, but not as bad as it used to.

If I stay logged in (IE11) HA on, latest flash, and I go through all players in my fellowship and boost them,
so I click on my fellowship Icon
go to a player, click visit
boost a building
click on their fellowship icon,
select the next player
repeat until all 25 are done,
Sometimes in that 25 you will click on visit and the screen hangs with the status bar about 75%, or you will visit the town and half the buildings will not show.
Occasionally it wont happen like that and while I click on each play in my 7 hex distance out and do the same it will happen at least twice

This looks like its a resource issue, and either the cache is full or something isn't being released or cleared up. For a game that 'demands' you go a visit other players this function MUST work.

I can guarantee that if you click on the map and boost 40 players, within that 40 you'll get this problem.
I get it E VERY day, and on different computers.

If you close IE11 down and restart it the problem resets itself.

DeletedUser9

This issue should be resolved in the current game version :)