• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [4246] Disappearing combat units

DeletedUser1749

Game version: v1.3.6
Game world: Winyandor
Browser + version: Chrome 49.0
Flash Player version: 21.0.0.216
Operating System: Windows 7
Screen resolution: 1366x768
Humans or Elves: Elves

Reproducibility: 5/5 = happens always

Current situation:

With Flash Hardware Acceleration (HA) turned on the combat units disappear. The hex where the unit is can be highlighted but there is no figure to identify what you are fighting. Can happen for offensive or defensive units. Usually does not happen with the first combat but will occur on next and subsequent.

With HA turned off the units are always visible but the movement and game play becomes sluggish.

Screenshots of the bug:
Elv_Bug1.jpg
Elv_Bug2.jpg

DeletedUser1678

It seems to be a cache problem for me. I go into Program Manager and back out. Only happens when I've been playing for a long time. Using win10

DeletedUser1749

I have to vent. I've been playing Forge of Empire (FoE) for years. When I started playing I was having problems and it was recommended I use Chrome so I switched from IE. During my time playing FoE Inno has been forcing Hardware Acceleration (HA). This lead to a lot of problems for a long time, memory leaks, sluggish play, etc. Without HA the game played fine and everyone turned it off manually. Now I'm playing Elvenar and as soon as I encounter a problem its suggested I try a different browser. And through my own research it appears its HA. Support said Flash in Chrome is buggy. I don't think Google or Adobe would agree. I'm sure they will tell you its the programmers implementation of Flash that's the problem.

DeletedUser622

I have had this same problem. I have to restart the game then all my units are displayed correctly. However, it is extremely annoying when dogs have already killed some of your men and you are left with the option of keep playing without being able to see what you are doing OR restart and lose those same men again from the first attack.

The best advice I can offer for elves is to always have one squad of sword dancers in your line-up when you first enter an encounter. That always gives you the first move. If your troops are not displaying correctly then you can surrender without loss and restart the game.

DeletedUser1749

I have had this same problem. I have to restart the game then all my units are displayed correctly. However, it is extremely annoying when dogs have already killed some of your men and you are left with the option of keep playing without being able to see what you are doing OR restart and lose those same men again from the first attack.

The best advice I can offer for elves is to always have one squad of sword dancers in your line-up when you first enter an encounter. That always gives you the first move. If your troops are not displaying correctly then you can surrender without loss and restart the game.

Raistlin, don't know what browser your using but have you tried with HA off?

DeletedUser

As you have found, I don't think it is a browser issue so much as it is a hardware acceleration implementation issue. I don't use IE, but I do use Firefox and Chrome. Both Firefox and Chrome have battle issues with hardware acceleration turned on. Turning hardware acceleration off fixed the battle problems for me. I tend to use Firefox when playing Elvenar as it seems to give me the best performance, but I'm sure others like Chrome as well.

DeletedUser487

I use Chrome on Windows 10 and get this issue frequently. I have just never taken the time to report it #badcitizen

It would be good if it was fixed though :)

DeletedUser1316

Hi guys -

Thank you for reporting this!

Do any of you run multiple browsers at the same time while fighting?

Do you empty your flash cache periodically?

I have just never taken the time to report it #badcitizen

How dare you! Hehe. Jk.

DeletedUser1316

Was able to finally reproduce this. I did clear flash cache and refresh the browser and all the units reappeared correctly again.
811e80be9f.jpg

DeletedUser1749

My experience is after a day and rebooting the computer it will work for 1 battle maybe 2 and then it reoccurs. Clearing cache is not a solution since it can happen unexpectedly after 1 battle. When and how often do you have to clear cache. The developers really need to look into this and I'm surprised it just now coming to light.

DeletedUser1316

I have searched other forums and it has been reported it already, so changed the title accordingly.

I will try to get an update on this for you all.

firerock

Enchanter
Yes I've had this on many occasions more on Chrome than IE I have to say.
Once I have completed the battle, I just shut down Chrome and restart, only takes 30 secs.
You can always see what the troops are by the images at the bottom.
In fact I rarely fight on Chrome, I always negotiate for this reason.

DeletedUser1749

Has there been any progress on this? My support ticket shows closed. I have to turn HA off to play this game but it affects the performance of FoE.

DeletedUser1410

I also have this problem, i use Chrome. I have not cleared the cache as the troop number still is displayed which gives me an idea of what troop it is and where it is deployed, just a work around. Not brilliant but it does the job for me

DeletedUser9

Hi everyone! As announced here , we will implement a new battle system quite soon. This means that this bug will automatically be fixed as well. I'll archive this thread now as "Won't Fix", since there won't come a seperate fix for this issue, but it will rather be resolved as part of the whole new battle system :)