• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

3x Faster Productions in 24h

DeletedUser3451

Thanks for all of your feedback so far - please keep sharing your thoughts, it's much appreciated.

And to give a bit of further context on the testing aspects: unfortunately not everything can be tested on Beta. We did test the functionality of the feature itself there, which is what we can test on the Beta servers (and that all works fine). What we cannot test there as well, though, is what other effects it may have, simply because the Beta server is relatively small. Of course we will always try to keep the level of testing on any of the non-Beta servers to a minimum.
That's all fine, but....
Can you at least share how many people got that, how they were chosen, when, etc. Some other statistics would be nice also about the playerbase that tests it - points, fellowships etc. Because you know "random" is a very sensitive word when it comes to gaming of any sort. The least you could do is to share some statistics to ensure us that there are not only high score people involved in it, or people from specific guild etc. I'm not saying you're helping someone unfairly, but it's always suspected in moments like this one and should be addressed.

And also, I'm probably getting it wrong, but how you gonna keep the testing to a minimum if you intend to involve everyone in it?

Deleted User - 384643

The 3x faster production was a very nice surprise. Though this is not the best day for me to make optimal use out of it, it's still a great boost for my good production. Thank you, Inno. I think this makes for a very nice addition to the game.

DeletedUser3337

*pawpalm*

Player on forum:
"This is not fair!!! Others have gotten so many extra goods today!!! Tonight's tournament is not going to be fair!!! Such a disadvantage, such an outrage, such an unfair competition, all is unfair in this game, all is unfair in the world!!!"

fille-qui-pleure.jpg

I say: "You have been getting so much advantage from Bobby, Phatty and Dave for a very long time, you do not even need this productionbooster."

child.jpg

Yes right.
Be glad for those who have gotten to experience this production booster, you might be next.
Be glad for someone else, instead of yourself.
It is not always Me, me, me, myself and only I.

DeletedUser3451

*pawpalm*

Player on forum:
"This is not fair!!! Others have gotten so many extra goods today!!! Tonight's tournament is not going to be fair!!! Such a disadvantage, such an outrage, such an unfair competition, all is unfair in this game, all is unfair in the world!!!"
I say: "You have been getting so much advantage from Bobby, Phatty and Dave for a very long time, you do not even need this productionbooster."
Yes right.
Be glad for those who have gotten to experience this production booster, you might be next.
Be glad for someone else, instead of yourself.
It is not always Me, me, me, myself and only I.
I agree we should not be selfish. I also understand that different people react differently. I don't mind to leave the testing to other players, just as I don't mind testing it myself. What bothers me is the lack of information on it prior, and the lack of information now. Exactly because people are different and react differently, things should have been handled differently. Well, at least that's my 5 cents on the matter. Cheers!

DeletedUser6260

If this was purely for testing purposes then in all fairness the goods gained through it should be revoked at the end. Players who got this boost now have a massive head start in tournaments or provinces that they normally wouldn't have.

I realize that this isn't possible because many of the goods have already been spent, but still. And anyhow, I thought this event was supposed to last 2 hours, not 24. That's kind of a stretch for testing purposes and seems more like a handout.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3337

It doesn't seem what Innogames give us, people seem to find a reason to complain.
I can't agree more, I think it is time for me to start blocking players as the forum is slowly becoming grumpyville.
What triggered me was someone who has a lot of advantage from 3 more accounts and still is upset about a few missing goods.

And if you so much like my silly picutes, here is another one:

images

Pauly7

Magus
As someone who did receive the "bonus" it is not necessarily right for you to poor scorn on those questioning why they did not.

I know from these forums that you are a generally positive influence here, but nonetheless there is nothing wrong with trying to find out why the game developers decided to test something on a live server and to do so in such a way that favoured some, but not others. Consider, also, that some of us who are asking those questions are Archmages that need to explain the reasons for things to their fellowships.

DeletedUser3337

Players who got this boost now have a massive head start in tournaments or provinces that they normally wouldn't have.
It does not matter if all or a just half of the server gotten the productionboost.
The tournament has not been 'fair' for a long time.
Do you have any idea how many pushaccounts take up spots in the top 25 of a tournament? (and the mainaccounts that benefit)

A few goods do not give a massive head start.

DeletedUser6260

'A few goods' is putting it lightly. I don't understand why this wasn't given to all players, or at least all the players on the affected worlds if not all of them. There's no reason why someone should get a sizeable tech bump while their neighbors/fellows fall behind through no fault of their own.

Might not be as big a deal in Elementals, but in earlier chapters 24 productions vs 8 productions is a big deal.

DeletedUser3337

'A few goods' is putting it lightly.
Not everyone is able to start 1 hour productions all day long.
Not just because they work or are offline for other RL reasons, but supplies might be a problem too *to some*.

DeletedUser6260

Not everyone is able to start 1 hour productions all day long.
Not just because they work or are offline for other RL reasons, but supplies might be a problem too *to some*.
I'm sure many people who got it couldn't use it and vice versa, which isn't very good testing for one thing. For another, this game revolves around competition for a good portion of players, and selective boosts like this fly right in the face of it. They have every reason to not like it when they weren't informed of it or given a chance to participate.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pauly7

Magus
Having done a little bit of detective work it's starting to seem like that vast majority of people did get this bonus. I'm only guessing, but it's starting to look like more than 75% of people received it... So I can come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories from that.

cwgiii

Shaman
So I can come up with all sorts of conspiracy theories from that.

It's not paranoia if they really are out to get ya.

For the record, I did not get this offer. I am not too bent out of shape over it, but I do honestly wonder what Inno was thinking. It does seem like the "Beta" server is really becoming another regular server, just timed a bit earlier in the game life cycle.

BTW, I really do appreciate all of those folks on the Beta server that diligently work to help us non-Beta folks out, with heads up messages, event guides, etc. These folks do some awesome work. Kudos.

DeletedUser3961

Is the 'select few' the ones who pay real money into the game.
I have not seen an offer today.
Perhaps it is only on beta.
Such a shame they dont treat ALL of the players who play daily

Pauly7

Magus
Is the 'select few' the ones who pay real money into the game.
I have not seen an offer today.
Perhaps it is only on beta.
Such a shame they dont treat ALL of the players who play daily
It's not an offer. They have "randomly selected" people to beta test this goods tripling instant. It doesn't seem there was any choice or warning about it and the majority of people seem to have received it.

LazyTony

Sorcerer
Mufmuf said they needed a bigger dataset to test it than on beta. I'd suggest 100% of the players is a bigger dataset than 50% or 75% or whatever they have done.