• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

2D (flat) mode for moving buildings...

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
When you grow in chapters, the buildings start raising so high that they hide the roads and/or some gaps...
So, sometimes, you start moving some road bits to make room for upgrading a building that will change its orientation/size and... you can't because you missed a road chunk somewhere behing a building... so you start to "hold" them, one after one, until you find the blocking bit... that is sometimes hidden behind 2 buildings when you can only pick up 1 at a time... :(

It would help to have a 3D <> 2D button to change all the building to flat colored squares/rectangles like in the Elvenarchitect tool, when in a moving/upgrading phase... :rolleyes:

By example...
██ for administratives (MH, builder, portal)
██ for specials (trader, Magic academy)
██ for roads
██ for culture
██ for residences
██ for WS
██ for military (Barracks, armouries, training grounds, etc)
██ for factories (main + settlement)
██ for wonders

Edit : Of course, if we keep the actual "false" 3D projection, squares and rectangles will be lozenges...

Last edited:

Malibu

Dreamer
The game pharaoh and the later titles that came had this ability. You hit space bar i think it was and all you could see were the roads and flat rectangles/squares in different colours where the various buildings were. It was an awesome feature as it enabled the sorting of many problems which literally could not be seen. Elvenar would benefit greatly from a similar system.

Last edited:

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
You could simply use this:
http://www.elvenarchitect.com/city/planner/
It makes organising your cities very easy.
The problem is to be able to see little pieces in the real city when searching gaps or roads hidden behind big buildings, not planing the moves...
You need to reach some high level to understand the problem... or try to find a road in someone's city in the top 100... :rolleyes:

Can you see my roads ?
roads1.png

How many Classy Lanterns do I have and where are they ?
roads2.png

But thanks to up the thread... :p

Last edited:

DeletedUser622

I definitely get that and would have to agree but planning has made it easier to place things even when I can't see what I am doing. With regard to the problem though, an easy solution would be to increase transparency of buildings as soon as you go to build or move something. That already happens but not enough to see what you are doing.

Tonton-des-bois

Illusionist
I definitely get that and would have to agree but planning has made it easier to place things even when I can't see what I am doing. With regard to the problem though, an easy solution would be to increase transparency of buildings as soon as you go to build or move something. That already happens but not enough to see what you are doing.
I'm sorry to pile another brick but even with beter transparency, as long as only one building is transparent at a time, last time I rearanged mines, I had sometimes pieces of roads that were hidden behind 2 buildings and because I'm always using all my free room, I can't always put one of them on the side to see through the other... The transparency should be extended to a wider zone too, not only 1 building... :(