• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

20% Price Increase

m4rt1n

Adept
Hi guy's, following todays announcement I don't quite understand why prices are going up so much at a time when everyone is being squeezed financially.
20% is a huge increase.

Also I don't understand why the € - US$ rate should affect the prices of a German company trading in € and also what will the new prices be in GB£ as £ - € rates have been stable for some considerable time.

Luckily for me I haven't made purchases for some time, but with the size of the new price hike probably won't again in the foreseeable future, thank you.

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Unfortunately this is down to Apple's App Store price increase@m4art1n, which will mean that this will be rippling out across all things that Apple Pay will be handling across in-app and regular app purchases.
They have not said a great deal about it, other than what we have also shared.

m4rt1n

Adept
Thank you, hoping Inno can possibly up it's discount days to 20% from the current 10% to take off a little of the burden, just a thought.

m4rt1n

Adept
So if I do make a purchase I will be sure to do it on PC, rather than on my iphone, also do you know if apple is putting up all it's prices including UK apps as I need to get my son one for his driving test, so may be a good idea to get it now, thanks.

Jake65

Sage
I'm clueless as to how in-app purchases work but if I understand correctly then do purchases of diamonds, for example, go through the Apple or Google platforms as opposed to directly to Inno?

SpaceCowboy

Soothsayer
@Jake65 Yes, that is how it works. These platforms also pretty much dictate all the details of the pricing you have available (e.g. you cannot actually set the price of an app itself, you can just select a pricing tier), and they take a hefty cut of every purchase made.

SkyRider99

Mentor
I'm clueless as to how in-app purchases work but if I understand correctly then do purchases of diamonds, for example, go through the Apple or Google platforms as opposed to directly to Inno?
Yep. That is why I refuse to install phone apps that demand I log in to Google in order to access them. Once I'm logged in, it becomes problematic to see/know if I am perpetually logged in, and am perhaps buying apps that Google takes a cut from, and who then monitor and track my activity.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
For players purchasing on the browser, there is no increase, unless they are using Apple devices there too, as unfortunately there is no way around Apple Pay.
let me correct this:
For players purchasing on the browser, there is no increase YET.

as far as I get from the announcement, its going up for browser as well, just at a later time

AuroraBolt

Seeker
So what about players that don't have PC's? How is that fair? Diamonds aren't Crypto, the least you can do is offer more diamonds in line with the price increases.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
So what about players that don't have PC's? How is that fair? Diamonds aren't Crypto, the least you can do is offer more diamonds in line with the price increases.
no, its apple and google and amazon that want to get a % of sales, even though they did no work for it. Its not that inno gets more money out of it, so why would they give more away?

Its the same issue that was the cause of the lawsuit of epicgames and apple.
So thats why they also suggest to use the browser to buy diamonds, they don't have to give a part of their profit away for it, and therefor they give you more diamonds (compared to apps)

AuroraBolt

Seeker
no, its apple and google and amazon that want to get a % of sales, even though they did no work for it. Its not that inno gets more money out of it, so why would they give more away?

Its the same issue that was the cause of the lawsuit of epicgames and apple.
So thats why they also suggest to use the browser to buy diamonds, they don't have to give a part of their profit away for it, and therefor they give you more diamonds (compared to apps)
Don't want to give part of their profit away you say yet you said yourself that PC will go up at a later stage? Apple pay isn't involved with the browser system is it. Diamonds aren't Crypto and they are not a tangible item that involves a labor force to produce does it? A simple adjustment of the code to make it fairer for everyone. Infact, if they had the philosophy of more for less, instead of less for more Inno's profits would sky rocket, but ssshh, don't tell them that.

Sir Derf

Adept
I put it to you that they might have more information available to them than we do to determine what the sweet spot for diamonds/dollar is.

On the one hand, it is possible that a better exchange would entice more players to purchase, so more diamonds/dollar might produce more money.
On the other hand, when a player wants to buy diamonds, they probably have a specific target number they would like, and so less diamonds/dollar might produce more money.

Heymrdiedier

Enchanter
me personally i dont care about the price increase, as i wont ever buy them anyway.
Its very expensive to buy them (100$ for some virtual currency? lol) and everything ingame costs too much diamonds as well. (100+$ for 1 expansion?)
For me it feels like you would try to buy gold from a king :)

So personally i don't care, i do wonder from time to time who buys these big amounts of diamonds for those prices anyway, tbh for that money you can buy many games that will give you more enjoyment.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
It looks like that browser version does have a future. Everyone gets more from the purchase especially when app stores are getting more and more greedy.
Also, based on Google there's a possibility to log in into browser version of the game on any mobile device. I haven't tried it but it could be an option just to make the diamonds purchases.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
me personally i dont care about the price increase, as i wont ever buy them anyway.
Its very expensive to buy them (100$ for some virtual currency? lol) and everything ingame costs too much diamonds as well. (100+$ for 1 expansion?)
For me it feels like you would try to buy gold from a king :)

So personally i don't care, i do wonder from time to time who buys these big amounts of diamonds for those prices anyway, tbh for that money you can buy many games that will give you more enjoyment.

Luckily not everyone thinks like that. There would be no game if nobody paid for it. I surely wouldn't expect anyone to work for free for my entertainment. Even virtual things take effort to create. I'm just grateful that this game exists thanks to paying customers.
I still remember how much I used pay for games 20 years ago, they surely weren't for free.

Stucon

Illusionist
Luckily not everyone thinks like that. There would be no game if nobody paid for it. I surely wouldn't expect anyone to work for free for my entertainment. Even virtual things take effort to create. I'm just grateful that this game exists thanks to paying customers.
I still remember how much I used pay for games 20 years ago, they surely weren't for free.
This is a good point @Silly Bubbles.
If no one purchased diamonds the game would disappear into the ether.
Thank you ALL of those people who purchase diamonds and allow me to play.

Jake65

Sage
Thank you ALL of those people who purchase diamonds and allow me to play
I agree, as a free player I certainly appreciate those who do pay.
I just hope (wish) that Apploogle doesn't skim too much off considering Inno is doing the game development work.