• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered 2 nd Bear

HappyRose

Spellcaster
I’ve just obtained a 2nd brown bear as a prize, if I put this bear in, will the effect from feeding stack?
Eg 25% on first bear plus 25% on second ... would I get 50% or would only one bear count?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
All buildings that have a boosting effect do stack. I am pretty sure that this is true for the brown bear too, and even consider it a bug if not. Given the scarcity of the pet food I'll rather not try with my bears, sorry.

TheBonker

Adventurer
I’ve just obtained a 2nd brown bear as a prize, if I put this bear in, will the effect from feeding stack?
Eg 25% on first bear plus 25% on second ... would I get 50% or would only one bear count?
I actually asked support this very thing, Im happy to confirm that that the bonus does stack, 2No. lvl10 brown bears give 100% bonus when both fed- gl;)

hawk the slayer

Spellcaster
I have actually done this and yes, they do stack but of course its costing you 2 x pet food and that seems pretty scarce at the moment.

DeletedUser6357

when I get some space he will go in
I wouldn't do that.
The number of soldiers doesn't matter much in the provinces - you can't send more than you can. ;)
In the provinces, the quality of the soldiers matters - how much health they have and what attack / defeat they have.
Use the space for the second bear for something more useful.

BonnyGwen

Spellcaster
Teleport spell doesn't work on evolving buildings so if you build it you are stuck with it unless you delete it.
Also how many pets can you feed?
Sure you get some collections without feeding it but I think there's a point of diminishing return.

DeletedUser8632

I wouldn't do that.
The number of soldiers doesn't matter much in the provinces - you can't send more than you can. ;)
In the provinces, the quality of the soldiers matters - how much health they have and what attack / defeat they have.

But..but... FREE TROOPS! :D

HappyRose

Spellcaster
Thank you ... Viskyar
I don’t fight in the provinces, and having lots of troops for the tournaments is what I like and the free troops every other day.. but I take your point and haven’t put him in

Thanks to everyone else too, always good to get several views

DeletedUser8409

I wouldn't do that.
Could not disagree more.

The number of soldiers do matter, the more soldiers you get the more rounds and provinces of of tournament you can get. And its only 9 tiles. I went for as many bears as I can get any I don't regret them. Even without feeding each bear is miles better than eg a Valorian Valor.

OldHag

Necromancer
And its only 9 tiles. I went for as many bears as I can get any I don't regret them. Even without feeding each bear is miles better than eg a Valorian Valor.

I did the same. I put 5 bears down, but haven't seen a pet food in MA for almost a week now, which makes me feel it was all a bit of a con.

but I do like the collections and until I see more pet food, that'll be mainly what I'll be using them for.

DeletedUser6357

Could not disagree more.

The number of soldiers do matter, the more soldiers you get the more rounds and provinces of of tournament you can get. And its only 9 tiles. I went for as many bears as I can get any I don't regret them. Even without feeding each bear is miles better than eg a Valorian Valor.
This is very primitive logic. Quantity never makes quality.
I prefer such battles:

upload_2019-10-23_16-37-42.png

So with less soldiers I will have more battles won.

Obviously your battles involve a lot of losses. Which is the result of weak soldiers.

davemc

Bard
The way i see it is I only have 1 brown bear but even without feeding it produces more Orc stratagists than the other building along with orc warriors valorian guards & frogs. Especially for the Elixer tournament i use Blossom mages & frogs . But after 9 rounds of tourny i can free my mercenary camp up to produce more mages . The barracks troops i very rarely have to train as Aws take care of them

DeletedUser8409

I prefer such battles:

View attachment 4022

Obviously your battles involve a lot of losses. Which is the result of weak soldiers.
I doubt you have more battles won, I'm not trying to brag so sorry if it comes across that way but last week for the first time I scored the most points in the Tournament, 16050 points in Crystal facing the three-star Frogs: https://www.elvenstats.com/tournaments - So I think by definition I won more battles last week than anyone else on EN1 Server at least and if anyone can do that without losing any troops then that'd be impressive. That was done by doing Provinces 1-9 at 6* and 10-73 at 5*

In your example you've lost about 80% of a Squad in one battle. If you do that across 4 battles then you're talking 3.2 Squads lost.

I tend to do 5 rounds to get through to the 6kp in the 5th round. So averaging that across 5 rounds you're talking 16 Squads lost, and that's without considering the fact that in rounds 4 or 5 let alone 6 that the losses are greater.

But Squad Size varies depending upon province number in the Tournament. If I'm doing my 40th Province then the Tournament SS is double your base SS to that would be 32 squads lost in that one province based on your example numbers.

At province 73 which I did last week the Tournament SS is 3.65x your base SS - so losing 0.8 of a squad in one batte is really 2.92 squads lost in one battle, 11.68 squads in one round or 58.4 squads lost over 5 rounds for that one province alone.

So yes quantity of troops do matter. Even if you're not losing much. In round one of a Tournament I'm disappointed if I lose more than half a squad per battle on average, why I don't push hard on Scrolls, but on a weekly basis I aim to lose about 600 squads per week which is what I generate without the use of Pet Food or Time Boosts.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1874

I prefer such battles:

View attachment 4022

Wait, let me get this straight... pandas are more space-efficient than any other unit-production buildings and on top of that they provide population, more culture and a timed bonus which is 10% higher than a level 30 Simia, and stacks. Both me and @randblade use "primitive" tactics but somehow we both scored over 16k in the last tournament and hold an average tournament score which is more than 4 times yours... yet somehow our logic is "primitive"? Funny. I thought a primitive logic would result in worse results, not in overwhelmingly better results. :rolleyes:

P.s. @HappyRose, thought I'd mention you as to provide you with further insight in perfectly viable tactics which for unfathomable reasons are deemed "primitive" (even though the numbers state the opposite).

DeletedUser8409

Well said @Vetrinus

@HappyRose everyone's city is different but in my experience the Brown Bear is the best building in the game with the best return and best use of tiles. And at 9 tiles its relatively small compared to other buildings while giving 4 types of troops, population, culture and a fantastic boost with pet food - but even without food its worthwhile.

Anyone who got multiple brown bears worked hard to get them, the fact you got 2 is great and I would not waste it by leaving it in inventory and would 100% definitely never sell it. Good luck in your decision but wanted you to have all sides of the information.

DeletedUser6357

Well, it's primitive.
Because you bet on quantity.
You are trying to convince the audience that it is better to have a hundred soldiers with bows and spears than one with a machine gun.

DeletedUser8409

Well, it's primitive.
Because you bet on quantity.
You are trying to convince the audience that it is better to have a hundred soldiers with bows and spears than one with a machine gun.
We have 15 types of squads, none of which include machine guns.

Unless you can have lossless battles, which I can only have as a matter of course in Steel week and even then not every battle, then yes hundreds of squads is better than one squad. Do you complete every single province that you have unlocked to 5 star every single week? If not, why not?