• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [12946] No golden hands - neighborly help

DeletedUser417

Game version: v1.23.7-(9bca234) (2017-02-28 15:16)
Browser + version: Edge latest
Flash Player version: 24,0,0,221
Operating System: Windows 10 Pro
Account name: Narquelion
Humans or Elves: Elves (but it's happening in Humans too)
Reproducibility: 3/5

When I start my visits not all the hands are golden however when I visit and help them I get the supplies. Checked the notifications and indeed they visited.

(I was shocked to see my FS was lacking visits but it's a bug, thank god! Don't have to start looking for new fellows lol)

DeletedUser2554

Maybe they haven't visited within the 24hr time scale?

DeletedUser3034

Yes, this is a known issue, green hands, gold hands, seems to be no pattern to when they work properly.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Getting the same lack of golden hands .. only noticed when one of our fellows posted on it.

I've done a fellowship post to let them know this is an ongoing issue, they aren't being ignored and to do all the hands (as most will give the bonus supplies)

DeletedUser1197

The golden hands are not displayed in notifications and fellowship members lists on many players that actually have the help bonus. This bug has appeared in one of the recent updates and not fixed yet.
misisng golden hands.png

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser3034

Been reported on Beta a while, I understand it's not a high priority as it doesn't affect play

Cregganroe

Conjurer
May not be to you but to us it is very annoying and I think these answers need to come from mods who would actually know and not from players who think they know

DeletedUser3034

I understand your question and concerns and you're right: That Neighbourly Help / Spell issue should have been resolved in version 1.23 so we also have no clue why it came back at the Live release. Not all bugs can always be fixed in time though, and the major bugs are always prioritized above the smaller bugs, like these golden hand symbols.

Marindor is Community Manager of the Beta, and does actually know.

DeletedUser1253

Been reported on Beta a while, I understand it's not a high priority as it doesn't affect play

except it IS affecting play ... i don't always get the bonus supplies... and it's not because of the duration between visits ....maybe the devs can give us an indication as to when this is going to be fixed ... cuz it's really pissing me off

DeletedUser1253

Getting the same lack of golden hands .. only noticed when one of our fellows posted on it.

I've done a fellowship post to let them know this is an ongoing issue, they aren't being ignored and to do all the hands (as most will give the bonus supplies)

most but not always ... it's pretty random

DeletedUser3034

If it's within the time window, the color of the hands doesn't matter, the bonus works.

DeletedUser414

Didn't read through the thread but seem to experience the same issue. It's not a big deal for myself but i can imagine Guild Leaders giving a few s**ts about it since it's one of the metrics by which member activity is measured (and having some idea of who IS actually playing is important to the health of a given Guild- this game lacks tools in this area in general).

firerock

Enchanter
Spoken like a true FOE player :) Guilds! its fellowships here :)

It does indeed lack tools in this area, I have to ask members to keep a track of the polishes they get over a week, and half of them forget.
What I'd love to see is a 'Last time polished' by each members name of the fellowship, no getting away from that, much easier to see who is inactive. Don't need a time a date is fine.

DeletedUser441

I've reported it a couple of times and get the same answer. It's known and will hopefully be fixed soon. It is odd that some appear gold whilst others just show the hands. I thought it might be because I'd missed revisiting them in time in the past and they'd helped me more than once before I'd repaid the favour but it seems to be a glitch suffered by many :(.

I've changed my avatar ,I think it's more apt :).