• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Closed | Archived [12003] Game does not load properly. Very slow.

DeletedUser9

Hi guys,

Just to be sure: According to some of you:

I cannot get the game to load in any browser. As of yesterday evening it wont load past 18/24. It freezes at that point. Ive tried clearing cache, clearing flash cash, trying different browsers. all the same. Was working just fine in chrome until sometime yesterday

I realise I might not be Innos's favourite forum member but this is ridiculous.
  1. Firefox 49.0.2 was released on Oct 20. I started this thread before then, i.e. it is definitely not related to that update. In other words, this thread is not related to Firefox version 49.0.2.
  2. For the umpteenth time, the game also does work properly in multiple other browsers (in Chrome if you use Win Vista, nor in Opera), and as other players have mentioned in this thread, it does not work properly in other browsers / OS either. For example:

It was not about specific Firefox issues here, so I reopened the thread and put it under investigation again. As I understand from you now, it is about these Firefox issues and other browsers don't give any problems?

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
I cant load the game in any browser except Avast Safe Zone. All the others either load until 18/24 then get stuck or wont load anything at all

DeletedUser

It is about a number of browsers.

I personally cannot load the game in firefox at all and could not *before the update you mentioned as a reason to close the thread* (this means that the problem existed in FF before the newest FF version and is hence not caused by Firefox).
I can load it in Chrome and Opera, but it is so slow at to be unplayable.
I can load it in IE but IE is ancient, crashes all the time and afaik not particularly safe.

Other people have stated that they cannot load the game, or can only partially load it, in Chrome, Edge and other browsers.
All these points have been made multiple times throughout the thread.
I also posted screenshots showing how Elvenar uses all the RAM when running in Chrome or Opera, but 40% less when running in IE.

DeletedUser

As of yesterday, the slowness has hit IE. Memory usage has stayed the same, but the game is s o s l o w it's unbearable. It takes 2 hours to complete two tournament provinces by fighting and anything clicked is unbearably delayed. If this continues, you'll finally be rid of me :p

The game also constantly crashes and randomly reloads.

On Winyandor, since I originally wrote this post, the game has reloaded 5 times already, and all I've done is cycle the quests once - then give up and just try to collect everything as it takes too long due to a 5-10 second lag between click and the game registering the click.

Last edited by a moderator:

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
Slotharingia, try Avast Safe Zone browser. Out of all of them so far its the only one that doesn't seem affected by whatever the problem is. I still cant use IE, Chrome, Firefox etc but since I found this its actually seems like normal game speed and have not had any probs with it at all. Its damn annoying having to use a different browser at all but the only thing I have open in Safe Zone is the game. I still use Chrome for everything else without a problem and just switch to SZ for the game

DeletedUser

I don't use Avast and you cannot use the browser without installing it. Not going to buy different AV software from the one I already have on the off chance I'll be able to play elvenar. I tried Mustang since someone in my FS recommended it, by it was as slow as the others.

DeletedUser

However, I have an antivirus program that I paid for, so I'm not installing that one just to play elvenar, especially since the paid versions are safer. In fact, if I have to start installing all sorts of stuff I might as well just buy and play a download game ...

DeletedUser

Well, as someone with 30+ years experience as a professional programer, I have to agree with Marindor. If you want to give the developers any chance of figuring this out, those having these issues need to submit their problem using the bug reporting template. The more people experiencing the issue that do so the better.

These type of problems are usually one of the hardest type to fix as it is a problem that is only happening to some users while others are having no problems at all. As the devs cannot just go and try it on the user having the problems computer, they need as many details as possible about the systems running into this problem.

Also, knowing when each user started having these problems would be helpful as if they are using version control ( which I would assume any company of their size is ) it should be easy to test each of their deployments going back through their version history.

DeletedUser

Well, as someone with 30+ years experience as a professional programer, I have to agree with Marindor. If you want to give the developers any chance of figuring this out, those having these issues need to submit their problem using the bug reporting template. The more people experiencing the issue that do so the better.

These type of problems are usually one of the hardest type to fix as it is a problem that is only happening to some users while others are having no problems at all. As the devs cannot just go and try it on the user having the problems computer, they need as many details as possible about the systems running into this problem.

Also, knowing when each user started having these problems would be helpful as if they are using version control ( which I would assume any company of their size is ) it should be easy to test each of their deployments going back through their version history.
I did state all the details needed in my posts (including repeatedly when it started and in what versions), which it's pretty clear don't get read. At the end of the day, it's in Inno's interest to have a functional game.

DeletedUser

I did state all the details needed in my posts (including repeatedly when it started and in what versions), which it's pretty clear don't get read. At the end of the day, it's in Inno's interest to have a functional game.

Well, when I paged through I did not see a single bug report in Inno's requested format, but I may have missed yours.

The actual point of my post, is that to track down this type of problem that only affects some users while other users are fine, you need lots of these type of reports in the correct format ( with specific version numbers ). Things like 'latest version' are too vague and usually don't cut it.

DeletedUser

Well the game runs again in IE. I cleared cache (again), so maybe that was what was causing it. However, now I cannot log on on en.elvenar and have to specifically load en0 lol

--edited to add - nope slow again now with "could not establish chat connection"

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser1882

cleaning browser 1.JPG
CBpart2.JPG

InfamousGrim

Adventurer
Well looks like this has started again. Last night the game wouldnt load past 17/24 and that was in avast safe zone browser which has been working fine since chrome ceased to load the game for me. I have tried clearing cookies and cache and anything else i could think of..no difference. Safe zone was the only browser I could get the game to load with when chrome ceased to load the game and hasnt had a problem up until now