• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered 10 chest tournament

Am curious. if in the tournament - the participating Fellows have attained 10 chest ( 1 day before close) - would a non participating fellow get the same reward if he/she comes along after the 10 chest has been secured and add 30 points to the tournament. Just to be clear - the 10 chests have already been secured. member comes along and add 30 points - would that member be entitled to the 10 chest reward?

QFol2

Conjurer
I would have thought so, yes. I've never seen anything to suggest the player's contribution needs to be made at any specific point other than before the end of the tourney.

Pauly7

Magus
Yes, anyone who has contributed gets the rewards. The exception is if they leave the fellowship before the tournament ends.
Although if they make a habit of doing that it's likely to annoy the other members.
There can be good reasons, i.e. it could be a new fellow, or it could be someone who has just come back from holiday or something. If the 10 chests are already secured there shouldn't be any pressure to play more than one province to get on the board.

Well, that kinda sux cos they kept out of it while the going was tough, and then when the chests were all secured - add the 30 points. One of us had to do 6000+ points to ensure we made the 10 chests . I guess I prefer fair play.

Pauly7

Magus
The key is communication. If that isn't acceptable then someone should send a message explaining what is expected. If it still keeps happening then you probably shouldn't keep them in the team.

QFol2

Conjurer
There can be good reasons, i.e. it could be a new fellow, or it could be someone who has just come back from holiday or something. If the 10 chests are already secured there shouldn't be any pressure to play more than one province to get on the board.

Agreed - if they are generally a good player who contributes a fair share, but couldn't for some reason this week, then it's better they share in the rewards than not. It's only when a player regularly lets others do all the hard work and only makes a minimum contribution that I would suggest messaging and then getting rid if nothing changes.

Julian

Sorcerer
That is why the fellowship component of the Spire is so much better. You only get the shared rewards that you yourself have earned. The rewards for the adventures are also a bit dodgy, but you would need to contribute at least three times to get everything (not that anyone gets much)

DeletedUser9591

That is why the fellowship component of the Spire is so much better. You only get the shared rewards that you yourself have earned. The rewards for the adventures are also a bit dodgy, but you would need to contribute at least three times to get everything (not that anyone gets much)

I personally like the fact that there is an option to cover for other players in tournaments. I appreciate that players might be absent or one week doing better than another. There are many issues with the spire and with its current design. In order to get gold players must consistently do the maximum.

FSAs are complete waste of time and effort (considering requirements, repetitive actions and very poor rewards).

Pauly7

Magus
I personally like the fact that there is an option to cover for other players in tournaments. I appreciate that players might be absent or one week doing better than another. There are many issues with the spire and with its current design. In order to get gold players must consistently do the maximum.
I'm inclined to agree. The secret is to have 25 fellows who are all willing to contribute when they can, then it does not cause bad feeling to support players when it's needed.

well, we had planned on this ONCE off 10 chests adventure for about 3 weeks. whoever couldn't join in - would have excused themselves. and those who joined were expected to do their best. Yes, this fellow is an established player ( past Dwarf chapter). But yes, Pauly, you are right. we need to address it instead of being politely quiet - pretending we don't know.

Also the distaste is the fact they added to the tourney, after we announced & celebrated the fact we had sealed the 10th chest. ( with one day to go)

Pauly7

Magus
Also the distaste is the fact they added to the tourney, after we announced & celebrated the fact we had sealed the 10th chest. ( with one day to go)
See if we have reached 10 chests and I see someone hasn't contributed I will try to make sure they jump in and do one province so they can still get the rewards... but I guess the difference is when you have a team that's looking out for each other and you don't think any of them are the kind of people who want to take advantage of a situation, or to not do their part without a good reason.

Gargon667

Mentor
No matter if 10 chests are finished or not, you get much more from individual rewards anyway, so just keep going. This time (for the fun of it, we don´t do that regularly) we finished the 10 chests in a bit over 2 hours. Would be mean if all the ones who came a bit later to the party got no rewards ;) They still all go and play their normal tourneys and some are still not finished :)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Level 10 Polar Bear (egg in my case), and Level 30 Timewarp (in woodelves, so nothing), you can (I believe), reduce to zero the tournament wait, therefore, you can finish 40-50 provinces, and six rounds in a couple of hours with auto-battle.

Four people already will make it.

In our fellowship, four of us make over 40K points alone, and make the 10th chest by Thursdays, even in scrolls, and dust (well, this week @Alcaro did a beyond amazing job hitting 3rd position server-wise with +17K points, making our +8k pts look mere hahahahaha.

Pauly7

Magus
The real issue is consistency. If one player always scores 30, or 60, while mostly everyone else puts up 2000, that is a problem.
Agreed. There always tends to be some people happy to always lurk around at the back.

I've started to ask myself though - once you reach the point where the 10 chests is easy anyway, perhaps it's OK if some people are getting involved in tournaments less, so long as they are making up for it in other ways.

Gargon667

Mentor
Agreed. There always tends to be some people happy to always lurk around at the back.

I've started to ask myself though - once you reach the point where the 10 chests is easy anyway, perhaps it's OK if some people are getting involved in tournaments less, so long as they are making up for it in other ways.

As long as everybody in your FS is fine with it. It may create animosity otherwise. Loosing a good player who is annoyed by slackers hurts you much more than loosing the slacker. But as you say if it´s an officially agreed upon policy to do either the tourney or finish the spire, sure why not?