• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Notifications - more pages please

SkyRider99

Mentor
The current ten pages of notifications could be improved by increasing to at least 20 pages.

Especially in light of the recent successful World Map moves, I have a lot of friendly neighbours who I'd like to send/return NH. But the notifications quickly drop off the list with only 10 measly pages :confused:

Hekata

Artisan
It has been regularly asked by quite a few players the on all forums that we ether get more pages or a separate tab for trades and it has actually been voted on and accepted on beta 5 years ago... So we should be getting that upgrade any time now :D

Anyway +1 form me, especially since for those of us playing mostly on PC it would take hours to visit the whole neighbourhood. I used the app today to greet all the new neighbours, and while it is quicker than on laptop, it's still much slower than with the notification list.

AsterObelix

Alchemist
+1
Because if this was already requested 4/5 years ago, I also can't see a reason why any player would disagree (although I guess someone will prove me wrong on this soon ...) I wonder why Inno has never impemented this simple request.
Can someone explain that ?

DeletedUser6472

+1
As requested and discussed by beta players, 3 tabs in notifications are needed: 1 - for FS member visits, 2 - for neighbour visits and 3 - for trade notifications. We also need those tabs to accommodate much more than 10 pages.

Alcaro

Necromancer
especially for this movement I stopped trading and using the Merchant, to see how many visits I get and how many will be missed.
Yesterday I visited the whole new NH. Today when starting to do my visits I had 10 pages of golden hands (meaning 60 visits). I did those visits from Notification tray, then I went to map and did again the whole NH. I got 36 neighbours which fell out from the notification list and 7 fellows. This means a total of 104 visits.
We do need more pages and apparently even 10 pages x 10 notifications (not 6 like now) are not enough.

+1 from me too.

EDIT - actually are 43 neighbours which fell out from notification list. I skipped a row of cities (by mistake) when I used the App.
EDIT2 - this suggestion is just for visits. I still stick to the idea that more tabs are needed. If we will keep getting together notifications from visits + trades + Merchants not even 30 pages x 10 notifications will be enough to keep all returned visits available for 23h.

Last edited:

Pauly7

Magus
I added my +1 to this before, but I just wanted to add another +1.

The stats from my new neighbourhood are great, but today, out of 60 notifications, all 60 were golden hands from other people's NHs. Out of those, 11 were from my Fellowship, therefore 49 from my neighbourhood.

So, that's all great... Lots of activity... but we get 60 notifications and potentially 25 of them come from our own fellowships. So we will see 35 world map help notifications... even if there aren't any trades to see, or anything else. Who knows how many other ones I missed today because they fell off the bottom.

Essentially, there is absolutely no way to keep up and return all the help in a good neighbourhood, unless you sweep the whole world map every day. That's quite onerous when you have about 700 to go through.

DeletedUser6472

That's why we need automated NH, that I put forward in Ideas & Suggestions; that way we wouldn't need any notifications about neighbour visits at all :).

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I added my +1 to this before, but I just wanted to add another +1.

The stats from my new neighbourhood are great, but today, out of 60 notifications, all 60 were golden hands from other people's NHs. Out of those, 11 were from my Fellowship, therefore 49 from my neighbourhood.

So, that's all great... Lots of activity... but we get 60 notifications and potentially 25 of them come from our own fellowships. So we will see 35 world map help notifications... even if there aren't any trades to see, or anything else. Who knows how many other ones I missed today because they fell off the bottom.

Essentially, there is absolutely no way to keep up and return all the help in a good neighbourhood, unless you sweep the whole world map every day. That's quite onerous when you have about 700 to go through.

It does help to do the visits every 12 hrs or more often to avoid missing out on someone. And yes, when I make more than few trades it's impossible to return everyone's visit.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am +1 for any solution, separate tabs won´t be enough by itself, neither will be 10 pages instead of 6. Of course either or both would be better than what we have and both should be rather simple to implement...

Maybe more of a time cutoff instead of a space cutoff? Say 48h? Of course this needs some bigger reprogramming and can lead to potentially VERY long lists of notifications...

I wouldn´t mind a HELP ALL button so I can send a Main Hall (or whichever) help to my entire map, they may prefer something else, but I guess better a MH than nothing...