• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Question Fighting tourneys/spire

Idhreneth

Adventurer
I am changing my game/city to fighting more than catering so needing buildings like the fire Phoenix and brown bear to help strengthen my play. Are these likely to be available in game again?

AsterObelix

Alchemist
Both can be crafted in the MA during certain periods. I crafted both a few months ago. And artifacts for them can be crafted too. Phoenix artifacts are certainly available at the moment. Of bear artifacts I don't know if they are available now. Haven't seen them in recent weeks.

Gargon667

Mentor
I am changing my game/city to fighting more than catering so needing buildings like the fire Phoenix and brown bear to help strengthen my play. Are these likely to be available in game again?

Yes they will (most likely) be available again, they have been every year so far since they were invented.

Make sure you start crafting the necessary artifacts whenever they are available, no matter if you have the building already or not, as you will not necessarily be able to get all the artifacts right away with the building.

OldHag

Necromancer

hmmm.......the base buildings for each of these should appear in your ma at some point.

However, the cost of crafting artefacts is somewhat insane. Bear artefacts appeared in my ma recently - it costs 1 blueprint plus spell fragments, to craft each artefact.
You will need 9 artefacts to fully evolve your fire pheonix and another 9 for your bear. That's 18 Blueprints, which you may or may not have spare, as they are also used to upgrade magic houses and workshops.
The artefacts may appear again in the spire - so I would not recommend crafting them in the ma as the cost in blueprints is too high and if you are in a fs that does not get 10 chests in the tournaments each week, you're never going to have a blueprint, let alone 18 of them

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
Seems I was mistaken....haha
An Artefact for crafting just appeared in my ma - the cost is actually 3 blueprints and 10k spell fragments per artefact, a lot more expensive then I thought. :(

rock stream

Scholar
Proceed with caution as you attempt to change how you play the game. Below is a list of the artifacts to date that will be made available on a 6 week rotation. You have to be very lucky to get them in the Spire when offered and they are very expensive to craft in the MA (one blueprint and 10,000 spell fragments).
It also wouldn't hurt to start amassing pet food for a couple of years as both the bear and phoenix consume them.
There must be a way to get this stuff other than through playing the game:diamond::diamond::diamond:

Witch Summoning Circle,
Red Panda Master,
Triumph of the Tides,
Queen Fairy's Retreat,
Ashen Phoenix,
Everblossom Sleigh,
Watchful Winter Owl,
Witch's Hut,
Moon Bear,
Wise Golem,
Festive May Tree,
Coldfire Phoenix,
Valentine Float,
Gingerbread Mansion,
The Bears,
Mermaids' Paradise,
Stonehenge,
The Phoenixes
Bobln's Express Service
Carnival

Gargon667

Mentor
Thanx so much for all your insightful comments. I have noticed the high cost of artefacts so will have to plod on in my current fashion while I wait for Christmas to arrive multiple times

It very much depends on if you play actively or not. Every FS consisting of active players will make 10 chests every week, so in that case it is possible to craft the 18 artifacts in the timespan of roughly a year which is also the rough time frame for getting the bases.

Of course it all depends on the size of the city. Small cities shouldn´t have Magic buildings to waste blueprints on, while big cities, most certainly have lots of those and should definitely spend the blueprints on :)

However the good news is: you don´t have to spend blueprints, you can also spend diamonds (as soon as you are out of blueprints) and those are even easier to get a hold of! Just craft away in your MA and play the spire! you can make the diamonds faster than the blueprints. The game calculates 300 diamonds per blueprint (so 900 per artifact), so 1 single 500 diamond reward from the MA is worth nearly 2 blueprints! If you play in a gold spire FS (and those become more and more common nowadays) you get a guaranteed amount of diamonds every week, plus the individual rewards diamonds.

So for active players, not at all a problem to get the artifacts within a year! For less active players it is much harder, but less active players don´t really need those buildings that urgently, so if it instead takes them 3 years to get them it´s no biggie.

Pauly7

Magus
It very much depends on if you play actively or not. Every FS consisting of active players will make 10 chests every week, so in that case it is possible to craft the 18 artifacts in the timespan of roughly a year which is also the rough time frame for getting the bases.
Also there's a reasonable chance that before then there will be another Phoenix event. If the past two years are anything to go by, that should bring another opportunity to evolve the Fire Phoenix. That should be before that year of crafting is out.

Idhreneth

Adventurer
Thank you, Rock Stream, for your comprehensive answer to my question. I have been playing for some years and unfortunately disenchanted many of the phoenix/bear artefacts that I believed I would have no use for. We live and learn! I have been watching some very useful and inspiring videos produced by other players giving great tips for succeeding better than I have with a fighting approach and am eager to try this route to advance my cities more aggressively. So, keeping all this great advice in mind - onward and upward!