• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Communication Can we have separate tabs for Visits and Trades???

Alcaro

Necromancer
Please, I am begging you @InnoGames - give us a second tab for trades. With this Merchant and his insignificant amounts for one trade, compared to the amount of ascended goods needed to build or upgrade something (for example - 89K of Ingots to build 10 Towers, 240K Sprouts to upgrade those Towers). From 10 pages of notifications, already 9 are "XY player has traded with your Merchant" ... and the day is not over yet! Already for the last 2 days I had to make my visits through the map. I can't even describe how annoyed I am right now! You gave us that fabulous options for visits just to kill it with the Merchants' messages.
At this moment, not a happy bunny here :mad:

Alcaro

Necromancer
240k Sprouts to upgrade 10 Towers (not many seem to want my Minerals) it means 109 messages! Can you dig it?
109 messages!!!!! and that is just for 10 Towers! I didn't make the calculations to see how many gazillions messages we will get until the end of the chapter!

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys! I've passed this feedback over to the Team. If you're a Good Neighbour (and everybody needs good neighbours) of course you'll be reliant on your Notifications Screen, so yes, I understand your frustration!

Kind Regards

Herodite :)

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
This should be high priority. Now we have all these new neighbours that are great and visit us and I can't visit them back unless I spend over an hour per day sorting out through my map. Especially the little ones need our help so they keep playing.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Thank you @Herodite , much appreciated.

I am a good neighbour and I rely a lot on my neighbours not only for visits but also for trades. Visiting all active players in my NH increases the chances to be preferred when they are taking the trades. Beside that, we were given a great feature (I was thrilled when I didn't have to go to map for visits) just to become 100% useless in higher chapters and close to that in most chapters. Since was implemented, I had to avoid posting small(er) trades because my Notification tray would be cluttered with messages. Now is unavoidable with these Merchants.
Btw, we need 144 Towers of Light ... I will not calculate to see how many Messages I will get!

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Adding my voice as well - this change is long, LONG overdue, and would be extremely popular with 99.99% of players (100% is impossible - heh).

Apparently the system of using separate tabs for different types of notifications already exists in Forge of Empires, according to players of both games (I personally don't play FoE, so apologies if I'm wrong on this - but even if I am, adding tabs to the Messaging system is hardly difficult to do).

Elvenar already has many features which have been ported across from FoE, most of which are far more complicated than the proposed simple change to the in-game Messaging system (e.g. Ancient Wonders and the Spire). Since both games are extremely similar in terms of their functionality (quite possibly identical), my guess is that it would take very little coding time to make Elvenar players' lives SO much easier by altering the game's Messaging to resemble that used in FoE, and also, as a secondary bonus, to earn plenty of Brownie Points for InnoGames - seeing as a better (ideally tab-separated) Messaging system is probably close to the top of the 'Game Changes Most Often Requested By Players' list, going back now over years.

The chance to win easy kudos and praise in return for very little work... what gaming company would want to turn down THAT golden opportunity?! :D

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
I'm not sure how much coding is needed for tabs but I'm reasonably sure that to increase the number of notifications is not that hard, obviously they don't want to do that. Maybe it's just sitting on someone's desk waiting for them to feel like it or it's in too hard basket. They really need to realise that some changes are money making and need to get done to improve retention of new players. I do remember how hard it was at the beginning of the game to get coins and supplies, every visit made a difference.

Alcaro

Necromancer
Things are getting worse since I asked for more tabs because of the Merchants. Since then, I was moved into a new NH and without any notifications for trades/ Merchants I am losing about 45 - 50 visits. I am forced now to do the visits with the App from the map but I noticed that many players aren't willing to make this effort, so, if I'm lucky to be on the notification tray, I get a visit, if not - bad luck.

Hekata

Artisan
I read on the US forum that during the Q&A they said they are aware of it and working on it and that it might be implemented at the beginning of next year but no promises.
I'm not sure what they are working on but I was hoping they might at least add a few pages to notification very soon (that might not take too much coding?) but I guess we'll just have to be patient.

Paladestar

Enchanter
We've quit offering trades. We just take them. Leaves the notifications open for visits.
When I have to make a trade I go big...single trade. The incentive to offer helping trades has been removed.
Anything to avoid clicks.
Yeah, now that I'm back in Merchant mode with the arrival of the new chapter and thus my notifications log is being spammed by merchant trades, I'm trying to make all of my other trades as big as possible to save space on my log. Last time I needed sentient goods and there were none on the market for me to take (at least, at a 2+ star rating), I posted my own trades for 500K goods per trade. This of course limits the people who can accept my trades and I'm sure it annoys people looking for quick, fair trades, but can't handle a trade of 500K sentient goods at once, but 10 trades of 50K instead would take up one-sixth of the message log alone!

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Not all that glitters is gold?
... and to add the cynical view (I hate to disappoint my public - if I have one? heh) : not all that players want will earn extra money for InnoGames... seeing as kudos and/or players' good cheer, unfortunately, cannot usually be listed in the bottom line or banked in the form of cold, hard, Euros... :D

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
... and to add the cynical view (I hate to disappoint my public - if I have one? heh) : not all that players want will earn extra money for InnoGames... seeing as kudos and/or players' good cheer, unfortunately, cannot usually be listed in the bottom line or banked in the form of cold, hard, Euros... :D

It could improve players' retention especially in early stages when they are just trying the game to find out whether they like it or not. They do need mostly coins and supplies so return visits do help with a lot.