• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

City movements

rock stream

Scholar
don´t understand. what´s becoming a ghost map?
Just looking out my window. Well over half of the cities moved into the hood is inactive and the active, about 20% are chapter 3 or less. At least none of the 15 traders/visitors have moved.
I get the theory but doubt the application. I'm so hesitate to move away from my 100k traders. I've been able to take our fellowship surplus and trade for need goods.

Cheryn

Bard
I really do not understand the motive behind this move. Why is it in the game's interest to blow up working communities? I am disappointed as well, and if this is a regular feature of this game then it makes it very uncomfortable and unsettling for me. :(

This has truly struck a nerve with me and really made me angry! I believe it is meant to slow us down PinkPCat; my belief! They don't want you to suceed or become too comfortable with anything! In my opinion, this is why people quit playing. This is why people become disheartened when they hit a slow or sluggish spot in the game. This is what creates mean spiritedness in some folks, perhaps even distrust, suspicion and certainly apathy. Let no one forget about GOS! (grumpy orc syndrome-hehe)! I just had about 1/8 to 1/4 of my regular neighborhood world moved! Not sure how they do THAT!?! I have heard of MANY being moved in other worlds too. Even with locked down locations, if they play on two platforms (mobile & pc) they can apparently be moved. This is a sad state of affairs! Dispicable and underhanded moves on the part of devs, or WHOEVER is doing the moving, will not help gamer morale! I am no quitter, but there is a FIRST time for EVERYTHING! And if you are going to move a bunch of people around, don't move the ones who actually show up at my city everyday and then replace them with a bunch of duds. Just kill those little BS cities with their MH, BH, 1 residence and 1 workshop! Who needs them???!!!? Almost worthless! :mad:

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
With what kind of logic InnoGames has moved all my active and helping neighbors out of my neighborhood area??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!????????????!!!!!!!!

@Silmaril @anonglitch @InnoGames My neighbor area used to be full with plenty of active players that used to help me with trades and neighbor help, NOW SUDDENLY only I have 3-4 active neighbors that can help me with polishing my stuff and rarely helping me with trades, YOU HAVE MADE MY DAMN SUROUNDING AREA IN A DEATH ZONE!!!

Neighbors and friends that have been near to me since the very begining now are gone, and around my city I only have black spots.

Great, you´re genius', you should be awarded with the prize of the more high IQ in gaming creation.

Last edited by a moderator:

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys!! Can I ask are these Less Active/Inactive Neighbours from a recent move? I am going to ask the question for you :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Last edited:

Turing

Bard
Can I ask are these Less Active/Inactive Neighbours from a recent move? I am going to ask the question for you :)

At the moment ALL moves are recent - it feels like it's moved half of the players on EN1 in the last week. Anyone who had a not-so-recent move probably got moved again in the last few days.

Results are good for my main account: my area was OK activity wise before, but having 60% of them replaced with new people has raised that activity enormously, but it does look like some arrivals are not active.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
I have sent a ticket to support but it was answered by a bot telling me " hey we appreciate your comments and opinions, we´ll take it into considerations for the future of the company and bla blah blah... Enjoy the magic world of Elvenar and blah blah blah"

Hey mods, CM and administrators just look at my surrounded area and you´ll see it by yourself how am I alone, this was a toally different history some days ago, my neighborhood was full.

Hi Guys!! Can I ask are these Less Active/Inactive Neighbours from a recent move? I am going to ask the question for you :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.
No, they have been always there, the ones that were moved are the active ones, they leave me there with full of black spots.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
In fact if you´re gonna leave me there alone in a handicap situation due to lack of neighbors around, it would be nice you can repay me with some diamonds or better, some timeboosters.

Silly Bubbles

Necromancer
Wow, it's seems that they reshuffled it properly this time around, usually they just make a minor move. I'd give it some time for them to fix the errors as I can imagine that there's a lot of very unhappy players at this moment. I'd be too!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Guys (and girls) it's all just temporarily, I know that change is hard but these changes are for the best of everyone.
Not moving is NOT an option, we had that for a few years and it killed entire neighbourhoods. then moving was inplemented for the first time but it was a half attempt it created temporary relief but we knew it would kill neighbourhoods in the long run again.

This time they implemented a full mover without the drawbacks, this means over time every player gets a good much more active neighbourhood.
This is in your own best interest. and in new places you can make new friends.

Every monday active players will be placed as close as possible together. and inactive players will be moving out.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@DunkelSaturn Are you ticked to stay where you are?
If I´m ticked by support to stay where I am? Or do you mean if I want to remain in my actual location in the world map?
I have changed my settings to allowed relocation of my city since the actual one that I´ve been since the begining is now useless.
But if you can´t change me or you can change me but not now, I would like some timeboosters to balance the lack of neighbor help and trading please.

Gargon667

Mentor
Of course, the system will have to be smarter than that. Otherwise, you could have an inactive city bang in the centre that would never move. Maybe the centre moves over time, perhaps heading in your direction, Gargon, if you are receiving players.

I see no need for it to be any smarter?

An inactive town will not moved anywhere, it will be put into storage eventually ( maybe they started that now?), but so far they have simply stayed where they are. The only point of discussion was how to define active vs. inactive.
But yes there can be inactive cities in the center (no matter dead center or nor just close by) as previously active cities get abandoned. But so what? That doesn´t change anything in the moving algorithm. A space is either free or taken, if you have an active town far from the center and a free spot with the same specs closer to the center the town will be moved, if no such free spot exists the city will stay where it is.
The inactive city in the center is a job for a different algorithm that has really not much at all todo with moving cities. It is simply an algorithm that removes inactive cities from the map by deleting them or putting them into storage. Of course this then creates free spots on the map that can then be used by the moving algorithm again (of course it only uses the ones close to the center).

Another thing that may confuse people is: The size of the center changes. When inactive towns are removed and active towns are moved into the center the size of the center shrinks (minus the removed ones). That means people that used to be in the center suddenly are at the edge. I myself am in that situation now and I expect to be moved at some point in the future, while I used to be rather far from the edge before.

This also proves that the algorithm really isn´t much smarter than that. because towns have very recently been moved into my area. They will soon be moved again. The simple explanation is: They were farther out before, when a spot came available they got moved a little bit closer to the center (or into the edge area of the center), next time the center shrinks (by removing inactive towns), they will be outside the center again and when another spot become free closer to the center they will get moved again.
Others that get moved into the middle of the center will only get moved once. Just depends whatever spot is free at the time when you get moved.
I never really cared if I get moved or not, but now I am kind of getting excited to see where the game drops me off :D
Although I love all the gold mines north of my town for the FA :D Wish I could move to the desert during FAs and then move back home the other 5 weeks of the cycle ;)

Gargon667

Mentor
This has truly struck a nerve with me and really made me angry! I believe it is meant to slow us down PinkPCat; my belief! They don't want you to suceed or become too comfortable with anything! In my opinion, this is why people quit playing. This is why people become disheartened when they hit a slow or sluggish spot in the game. This is what creates mean spiritedness in some folks, perhaps even distrust, suspicion and certainly apathy. Let no one forget about GOS! (grumpy orc syndrome-hehe)! I just had about 1/8 to 1/4 of my regular neighborhood world moved! Not sure how they do THAT!?! I have heard of MANY being moved in other worlds too. Even with locked down locations, if they play on two platforms (mobile & pc) they can apparently be moved. This is a sad state of affairs! Dispicable and underhanded moves on the part of devs, or WHOEVER is doing the moving, will not help gamer morale! I am no quitter, but there is a FIRST time for EVERYTHING!

Lol I know all about grumpy Orcs :D

When reading such posts I always wonder if people just play grumpy Orc or actually belief what they say haha.

But assuming you are actually upset:
Inno sure doesn´t intentionally upset you, they can be blamed to not care too much what you think about it of course.
The algorithm makes the game better for everybody, but the odd one out will experience negative outcomes, however 99% of those "negatives" are just psychological problems (fear of change and personal attachments to individuals mostly I would guess) rather than factual ones. These moves do not slow us down, the opposite is the case, it leads to people progressing much faster on average, as it puts active traders/helpers into contact with each other.
The only people that actually lose are the ones that opt out of moving! And we have been saying forever that opting out is the worst idea ever. inno only introduced this option, because of people being afraid of being moved against their will. You are given the option to shoot yourself in the foot, use at your own peril!

And if you are going to move a bunch of people around, don't move the ones who actually show up at my city everyday and then replace them with a bunch of duds. Just kill those little BS cities with their MH, BH, 1 residence and 1 workshop! Who needs them???!!!? Almost worthless! :mad:

This is EXACTLY what they are doing! They remove the inactive ones and replace them with active ones! You live in the outskirts of the map, so all of you who are active will be moved into a free spot amongst all the other active towns in the center. To fill empty spot with active towns, you need active towns to move! Those are the active outskirts towns, like you and your neighbours.
Just do NOT opt out of moving! You need to be available to move to a better spot!

BlueBlou

Illusionist
Would it be possible to get a warning if you are in an area imminent to be relocated? I like my neighbourhood on Felyndral and as many have found, you do make friends with some over time and you even build up trading relationships. Two years and more it was an active neighborhood, but as no one really knows where the middle is, who is not so say tomorrow that area will be no more. Moving is stressful, both in real life and in a game.

I think it will be unlikely that the top player of the world will be placed in the exact middle. Would be nice as then we would have a rough idea of where you stand relative to that spot.

Julian

Sorcerer
The solution to these problems would be for you to retain the ability to trade with any player you've already discovered. When you magically land in your new area, you will still have your old network of friends, while you can scout to discover your new neighbours. This would bring scouting times right back down. It would then be quite a fun process to be moved. There'd be no negative repercussions and there'd be some positive benefits.