• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Booster for Armories

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
Most aspects of this game have some kind of booster available but not armories (afaik) and production & maintenance of a good quantity of orcs is costly & time/space consuming.

Would seem a reasonable addon to the game to have a spell or instant we can generate/gather/win.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
Technically time boosts make orcs faster, but I agree. It would be nice to bump up the production quantity, or speed up the timer, with a dedicated enchantment. Unlikely given the dev's position on new features of that type. A better option from a dev point of view would be add to the Heroes' Forge a small increase in armory production along with it's own orc output.

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
its also a feature of the game to have spells and instants that boost certain activities ingame. Armories are huge ... is it really that important a feature of the game for our cities to be filled with them ? Of course I know the game devs love that we use up a ton of space on them. Or maybe they could just nerf the numbers in spire negotiations .. that would help. alongside the huge amounts of manna and divine seeds in the mix

w/e.. just saying it would be a nice add to the troop instants

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Most aspects of this game have some kind of booster available but not armories (afaik) and production & maintenance of a good quantity of orcs is costly & time/space consuming.

Would seem a reasonable addon to the game to have a spell or instant we can generate/gather/win.
Piramid of Purification and shrine of purification are massive armory boosters.

I am getting 200K sentient per day due to piramid in combination with my armories and 4.5 times longer unit production queue's

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
afaics .. the pyramid and shrine don't produce orcs ... Orcs is what i'm keen to get more of in ways not connected to having a lot of huge armories

but yeah ofc there are ways of increasing orc numbers ... I'm just saying an orc instant would be a nice addon to event rewards

SkyRider99

Mentor
... is it really that important a feature of the game for our cities to be filled with them ?

That really depends on the choices that individual players make. For example, someone may elect to avoid areas of play that require orcs, or as many do, build more armories to produce more orcs. Or even as @Ruprecht says, some may use time boosts. And some players may find that buying premium expansions will allow them to place more big buildings ;)

I don't dispute your concept of an armory boost. I'd use it if one existed :)

Use of orcs in spire and tournament won't go away any time soon I suspect. Your suggestion is perfectly legitimate though.

Gargon667

Mentor
You can have tons of instant Orcs: Just put a sign"Free beer for Orcs" in your back yard!

Don´t see why Inno should not hand out such signs... but if you want Orcs from non-armories you can just spam Orc nests or event buildings :) Also in one of the last chapters there is also a rather useful Orc producing AW, but well it being an AW means I wouldn´t place it no matter how many Orcs it makes of course...

Geminatrix

Soothsayer
even more practical production time choices would help lol... I mean who uses the 2day and 4 day choices ?

and yes .. if i wanted to use more space ofc there are event buildings that give orcs. I just think an orcs instant is something that would be a good add to the army of troop instants around atm