• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Gargon667

Mentor
Quite suprised, not that long ago Timon explained the way they managed wonder / evolution buildings stats was too screwed up to make it work.
Now they managed to do it, if this was 2 years later it would make sense, but this short after?

Happy it's there and now we want wonders too because according to timon it had the same storage screwup issue.

Shows how much you can give on the "explanations" they give sometimes ;) Also we always explained very easy ways to make it happen, maybe they took one of them? Or they just finally put a dev on it to do it, when before they simply didn´t care. But who cares what they said and did yesterday, if today we get to teleport evolvers I am more than happy :D That is awesome news!

Jackluyt

Shaman
This was just announced:

Dear Humans and Elves,
We are happy to announce a much requested feature that is coming to Elvenar tomorrow September 15th.
The ability to view your Fellowship online status, from the Fellowship window as an extra tool to help Fellowships to thrive.
We hope you like this change and that this will benefit our Fellowships. Please let us know your feedback to the changes by leaving a comment in the discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

241969978_10219822370210322_7540032006043134447_n.jpg

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Hekata I think this was asked for a while ago, and by a while i'm talking almost 12mths ago! There was quite a discussion around it but it looks like they've gone ahead! I would assume/hope they will give the option to opt into this feature :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Hekata

Artisan
Anyone can currently type "/who" in chat for exactly the same result so it just makes life a little easier for what is already available.
Well in general I don't understand why people want to know who's online. This is a game and not the office where your boss wants to be sure you're at your working station. And as you said his makes it easier which is a big difference for me. And I'm sure not everyone knows about the /who thing.

@Herodite I do hope the option to opt out is there :)
A lot of things have been asked by players and I just find it disappointing that we get one of the rather useless suggestions and not those that would actually improve the game. For instance players have been be asking for a scout notification pretty much since I've started playing (4 years ago I think...) and still nothing....

kimkimkim

Summoner
Is this an option that all members of a fellowship will see or will it be just for the Archmages to see....

Sir Derf

Adept
For those who can't make out the, what, 4 pixel detail in that graphic, I assume this is referring to the little smudge at the lower right corner of the player portrait...

Jackluyt

Shaman
BETA SERVER ANNOUNCEMENT - CRAFTING WITH SPELL FRAGMENTS

Dear Humans and Elves,
New Crafting Recipes are being added to the Magic Academy from tomorrow, September 15th.
These are designed to enable Spell Fragments to be converted into Combining Catalysts and Vision Vapor!
We hope you like this new change for a brand new use for Spell Fragments. Please let us know your feedback to the changes by leaving a comment in the discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

241997395_10219824333219396_7494757757191114366_n.jpg

rock stream

Scholar
I think this was asked for a while ago, and by a while i'm talking almost 12mths ago! There was quite a discussion around it
Any idea where it was "asked for"? I love to see exactly what was asked and why. EDIT: I've checked Ideas and Suggestions and could not identify a thread with this topic. If I get time I'll check the US forums and see if it came up there.

Last edited:

rock stream

Scholar
New Crafting Recipes are being added to the Magic Academy from tomorrow, September 15th.
These are designed to enable Spell Fragments to be converted into Combining Catalysts and Vision Vapor!
I can convert something I never have enough of into something I never have enough off. Makes perfect sense to me.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
If the graphic is correct they are at least not taking up the building, relics (aka pet food), and time boost slots, so it won't be at the expense of the things we actually want. I'm confused by the recipes though. 5k SF to craft 8 CCs for 10 vision vapour or 1 CC for 40 VV? Or is it the VV that's the main point of the 2nd one?

JollyElf

Soothsayer
This is a welcome addition.
nothing to complain as the recipes are introduced in slots that are not for buildings or time instants.

Sir Derf

Adept
I can convert something I never have enough of into something I never have enough off. Makes perfect sense to me.

You might not represent a majority, silent or not, or a minority, vocal or not, of other players.

A number of players who climb the Spire weekly find they have more Spell Fragments than they can get rid of. I'm sitting on over 200k personally.
A number of players who participate in Events find they have more Buildings in their inventory than they can use in their city, which they can convert into Spell Fragments as a last resort. My summoning tab runs to 17 pages.

I for one would love to have more CC, and be able to craft more (both the new CC recipes and additional things with the new CCs) and thus able to make more VV, and thus increase the frequency of possibly receiving more sweet, sweet diamonds. I'll be able to get more bang for my Pet Food buck after feeding my Red Panda Master. Especially during Fellowship Adventures.

BlueBlou

Illusionist
What might be worrying to me is the slots the crafting of CC appears in. I see it in two places in the pic Jackluyt has posted. I don’t care much about the slot the kps usually appear in, but I am not thrilled that my chance on crafting a tool or a coin refill has now been reduced.

As with regards to seeing who is online, “/who” worked very well, both app and browzer. Is this going to disappear? Personally I don’t see a need to visualise it in a table.

rock stream

Scholar
You might not represent a majority, silent or not, or a minority, vocal or not, of other players.
I think you had a typo. You meant to say "you may represent a silent majority that is not vocal but not a vocal minority":D
The truth is I don't claim to represent anyone other than the few players I have contact with, sometimes.

Gargon667

Mentor
This was just announced:

Dear Humans and Elves,
We are happy to announce a much requested feature that is coming to Elvenar tomorrow September 15th.
The ability to view your Fellowship online status, from the Fellowship window as an extra tool to help Fellowships to thrive.
We hope you like this change and that this will benefit our Fellowships. Please let us know your feedback to the changes by leaving a comment in the discussion thread!
Kind regards,
Your Elvenar Team

241969978_10219822370210322_7540032006043134447_n.jpg

Don´t find it a big deal. /who worked fine for me when I needed it (usually only during FAs anyway) as long as it doesn´t take up any important space, I see no reason why not to have it.