• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

closing of threads?

OldHag

Necromancer
Why has this thread been closed @anonglitch or @Solanix ?
Magic Academy Battle Recipes

What's your problem with players discussing anything game related and even disagree with each other.

Is this why we have so many active admins here and so few active players?
This has annoyed me no end, how dare you shut down player discussion in this fashion.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6472

They have also deleted my last comment, where I was telling people to contact tech support in case they haven't seen combat buildings or pet food recipes in a while. I guess only pointless probability and maths discussions are not a threat to the company :mad:.

OldHag

Necromancer
And poor @Sir Derf must have exhausted himself with his last post.....lol.....which I was in the process of reading and about to reply too.

p.s sorry @Sir Derf, not laughing at you, but it would have been nice to have been able to respond to you or at least enjoy the back and forth debating that was going on.
------
I guess only pointless probability and maths discussions are not a threat to the company :mad:.

Good god, I hope not, my head already hurts...lol

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Hi Guys, the closure was certainly not intended to cause any discord. Having reviewed the content of the thread, it seemed that the discussion (whilst containing some excellent points) was coming to a natural conclusion before becoming repetitive and therefore a decision was made to lock this.

@Sir Derf has raised a thread hoping to condense your comments/questions into one comprehensive answer, I'm currently gaining some information concerning this - https://en.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/question-to-the-game-mods-developers.15106/

@Regina8 it would be normal for Forum members to receive feedback concerning any edited/deleted comments. If you wish to discuss this further, please contact me directly :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

OldHag

Necromancer
Whilst I appreciate your reply @Herodite - this is not the first time @anonglitch has taken it upon himself/herself to end a discussion when anything he/she percieved to be negative toward Inno. He/She did the same when we were discussing the tournament formula and there have been many discussions that went around in much bigger circles but were allowed to continue. Not a happy punter.

I personally feel the only mods that should be allowed anywhere near these forums is yourself @Herodite and @Silmaril. ;)

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
Why has this thread been closed @anonglitch or @Solanix ?
Magic Academy Battle Recipes

What's your problem with players discussing anything game related and even disagree with each other.

Is this why we have so many active admins here and so few active players?
This has annoyed me no end, how dare you shut down player discussion in this fashion.

Well, this is why many, MANY, players have left this forum, they got tired of specifically two mods here, always deleting comments, banning people, closing threads, messaging people with"warnings messages" that are more a threat than nothing else.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
I correct it : " Herodite and Solanix " only... and I remember another very respecful to players moderator here, but I don´t remember his/her nick.
@DunkelSaturn - Were you perhaps thinking of @Rilian? I did come across him some months ago, but it was in the Support function - my memory is truly terrible and although he did actually tell me, back then, whether he was 'officially' (since there seems to be some cross-over) more in Support than he was in Moderating, I remember when I first started playing, around 2½ years ago, that he was a not infrequent poster here - and as you say, always polite, knowledgeable, constructive, and (quite appropriately, really!) moderate in his actions. He was also quite funny, too. I miss his humour.

Edit to Add : I'm also pretty disappointed that the thread about Magic Academy Battle Recipes has been closed - especially because I've learned that on this Forum, once a thread on any given subject is closed, opening another thread on the same subject can be regarded as 'provocative' and/or 'not constructive' (amongst other mortal sins). Because of this, and although I was gearing up to join the debate on Magic Academy Recipes (which subject interests me greatly, and affects my game quite significantly, too), I'm now not inclined to re-start the discussion. It's more than sad that we have to be so careful about what we may or may not say here - and this sense of uncertainty is, in my opinion, the reason why this Forum grows more empty, and its discussions more anodyne, almost every day.

Whither open, robust, lively and interesting debate...? :/

Last edited:

Hekata

Artisan
it seemed that the discussion (whilst containing some excellent points) was coming to a natural conclusion before becoming repetitive and therefore a decision was made to lock this.
Is there a forum rule that discussions can't be repetitive? :) As long as they are being polite and not offending each other in any way I don't see why players couldn't discuss a topic until blue in the face if it's fun for them. No one is forcing us to read it that specific thread if we are not interested in it :)
Not to mention that all discussions here come to a natural end, fall down the thread list and they are never locked. I could go and and revive a thread from 2 years ago if I wanted to. So it does seem weird when a thread just gets shut down like this.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@DunkelSaturn - Were you perhaps thinking of @Rilian? I did come across him some months ago, but it was in the Support function - my memory is truly terrible and although he did actually tell me, back then, whether he was 'officially' (since there seems to be some cross-over) more in Support than he was in Moderating, I remember when I first started playing, around 2½ years ago, that he was a not infrequent poster here - and as you say, always polite, knowledgeable, constructive, and (quite appropriately, really!) moderate in his actions. He was also quite funny, too. I miss his humour.

Yes, I was addressing to him, very cool mod Riliant is.

A big hug my dear friend @Laurelin :)

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Hi Guys, the closure was certainly not intended to cause any discord. Having reviewed the content of the thread, it seemed that the discussion (whilst containing some excellent points) was coming to a natural conclusion before becoming repetitive and therefore a decision was made to lock this.

Yoou said it yourself, it was coming to a natural conclusion, it certainly did not need an unnatural conslusion. If a thread becomes repetitive, so what? It will die its natural death and nobody needs to get upset about it.
These unnecessary moderation actions are (becoming) one of the major discussion topics, do you really enjoy those?
No need to name any names, I guess you know yourselves who is causing the trouble most of the time and I feel sorry for you all taking the heat all the time, but the only ones who can solve that problem is yourselves by moderating yourselves :D

BlueBlou

Illusionist
I think the 2nd last post in the closed thread might have been taken too literally. I know we sometimes joke around, but some may just take it literally, so we need to be careful what we say and not just say something for the sake of saying something and keep in mind that others may interpret things differently.

DeletedUser501

Enchanter
@Muf-Muf is the first mod to come to my mind but that was a very very long time ago. I guess we all have a particularly fond memory of the mod that was here when we first joined the forum :)
Muf-Muf is a ghost for me, he is supposed to be here, but he is not at the same time (rhetorically speaking).

Alcaro

Necromancer
Muf-Muf is a ghost for me, he is supposed to be here, but he is not at the same time (rhetorically speaking).
I don't have particularly nice memories of Muf-Muf. No details necessary but I have a shiver when I remember his moderation.
On the other side, Rilian is a great guy (so is in my mind, a guy) and a fantastic Support person. Also in forum he was nice, kind polite and very funny person without abusing his prerogatives in any way.
Also Kudos for Silmaril and Herodite.

Gargon667

Mentor
It kinda feels like back in the teenage days when the boys made a list and rated girls by prettyness... I was told much later that that was horrible behavior, so I guess I better abstain now ;)

OldHag

Necromancer
I did not create this thread (I am not a thread creator, normally) to promote a popularity contest, what happened was just rude.....rude, rude, rude! It was also incredibly condescending (not a great trait) feel free to go and read the last post on that thread, decide for yourselves.
That's why I was/am so 'annoyed' (thanks for the mod edit on my original sweary mary moment). :)

Rudeness is not something I have experienced with either @Herodite nor @Silmaril - hence my remark.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
Rude? That may have gotten lost in translation somewhere, I see nothing rude there.
Condescending? Maybe, but @anonglitch is not a native speaker either, so giving the benefit of the doubt, I personally see nothing worth getting upset about. The facts are still true.
Now without knowing the true intentions, I could certainly interpret that message as a call to relax and be happy about the good things in the MA. May not be helpful to the one waiting for an MMM (or whatever it is), but in general I find it rather good advice :)

As a sidenote: The MA or more specifically the crafting tab in the MA has certainly been one of the best inventions Inno has made in the last few years. The worst thing about it is probably that it has been so good, that the old tournament system needed a difficulty upgrade, because it simply was far too easy. Of course not only the MA, other major factors are firebirds and brown bears, but still...

But back on topic: I just don´t understand this need to moderate things that don´t need to be moderated lol...

OldHag

Necromancer
@Gargon, It was the 'action' of closing down the thread, that I found rude, not his English skills. ;)
Condescending, you say maybe, I say definitely.
His post was dismissive to the players who had posted they hadn't seen either pet food or those mil buildings for weeks at a time, in some cases, then closed the thread.

and I shall leave it there.