• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Magic Academy Battle Recipes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser6472

Well, as always, so many people assume that they have all the info and we are just doing everything wrong.... I know everything about pools in MA and I'm not missing any. We are returning to the same topic of horrible RNG in this game, there are some extreme cases that other people simply refuse to believe, kind of like with spell fragments, I can't mention that I have not enough without being sneered at...

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
There are some small things that can really help to keep the recipe's flowing.
Craft the items that you do not want, sounds ironic, but things like the Chess Set will keep revolving unless you have it placed in your City or in your Inventory. The same can be said for Building Bases of the evolving buildings that spin around in the same way.
By having these sit in your Inventory they are taken out of the equation, thus letting other recipe's become more common.
Also making sure that at every reset throughout the day that you have completed any Crafting, so that all five windows can give new recipe's will of course also help to get the most out of them.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Reset ?
I use my ma regularly
1629393348731.png

The diamond button, once you use it it will reset the timer to 6 hours.
You need a timer thats fits your RL profile. now the timer dictates when you need to be online to see all 4 recipe pools. if you reset the timer to a time where those 4 recipe pools fit in your RL schedule. then you dictite when you want to be online to see all 4 recipe pools.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Well, as always, so many people assume that they have all the info and we are just doing everything wrong.... I know everything about pools in MA and I'm not missing any. We are returning to the same topic of horrible RNG in this game, there are some extreme cases that other people simply refuse to believe, kind of like with spell fragments, I can't mention that I have not enough without being sneered at...
I am sorry, but there is RNG and there is imposible RNG.
Yes theoretically a person could be that 0.000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001%
But when you see these topics popup what is more likely that someone is that 1 in a kazillion person, or there are other reasons where people have a different perspective to reality?

I have take these claims on a test before, spend 500 cycles on diamonds to see 500 recipe pools and look at the differences between week vs week and average over 20 weeks.
We do see variations in week to week. but over a longer period not really.
We also did not see a single extreme result week. for example: for petfood we noticed low weeks at 5 per week and highs at 12 per week with an average of about 8 per week.
I did not see a single 1, not a single 20.
Could it happen? sure not likely but it could thats RNG, 2 weeks in a row? pretty impossible, 3 weeks? impossible.

So when someone claims they got screwed for a week, I can imagine that it's truth, 2 weeks maybe, 3 weeks near impossible, 7 weeks? no way!!!
If anyone gets screwed over for 7 weeks (thats 28*7=196 recipe pools) there must be another reason.

The odds to see a combat building are reasonably high, I am currently very very very busy, but I could figure it out if I have time. but I guess it's between 10-15%.

OldHag

Necromancer
I'm like you, Regina, up until a couple of weeks ago, I hadn't seen any mil buildings in my ma for at least 2 months, plenty of pet food (tks) but no mil buildings, then a couple of weeks ago, I have started to see a couple a week, how long that will last for, I've no idea. I didn't spend 50 diamonds to change the timings on my ma, I don't need too, I catch all but one cycle, which I don't mind, and I'd find it really peculiar if mil buildings only appeared in my ma in that one cycle whilst I slept. ;)

p.s sorry, it's not entirely true that I didn't see any mil buildings for 2 months, as I did and still do see vallorian guards and grounds of the orc strategists, but none of the rarer ones, such as ELR - MMM and UUU.

Last edited:

DeletedUser6472

I have take these claims on a test before, spend 500 cycles on diamonds to see 500 recipe pools and look at the differences between week vs week and average over 20 weeks.
Have you done it before or after they have added all those new recipes for artifacts and evo building bases?

CrazyWizard

Shaman
Have you done it before or after they have added all those new recipes for artifacts and evo building bases?
yes.

those artefact btw are in the pet food pool. and the most artefacts I have seen active atm is 3.
Also since we got petfood on 1 location only the droprate has increased significantly from 5-6 to ~8 per week on average. so even if artefacts dilute it a bit in the future it's still way more then what we got before the fixed recipe slots.

On my last test the droprate was 4% for phoenix and 2% for the side artefact. 30% for petfood and the rest the 9 relic recipes..

Evo basis only appear if you own 0 of them. if you own 1 or more of them in your city or inventory they will never appear.
So once you remove those from the pool they no longer have an influence on the droprate.

They are also very rare (exept during special events) so even if you did not make them there influence is certainly there but also very limited.

OldHag

Necromancer
I don't really understand the pools, to be honest, but if someone (looks at @CrazyWizard and @Gargon667) wouldn't mind to type up an explanation of how they are set and work, it would be much appreciated.......if it's already been posted somewhere, could you let me know where please and thank you in advance. :)

CrazyWizard

Shaman
I don't really understand the pools, to be honest, but if someone (looks at @CrazyWizard and @Gargon667) wouldn't mind to type up an explanation of how they are set and work, it would be much appreciated.......if it's already been posted somewhere, could you let me know where please and thank you in advance. :)

Each of the 5 spots in the magic academy has it's own recipe pool.

For example:
1 spot only has buildings recipes, this means there is always 1 building aviable each cycle. this spot and this spot only allows you to make buildings.
1 spot has petfoot, artefacts and the 9 relics recipes, so you always see 1 of those on that slot and no other recipes.
1 spot only has timeboosters, and timeboosters alone.
The other 2 spots are useless to me and I am to lazy to look up what is exactly in there pool.

This means there are 5 diferent pools of recipes. each with it's unique items you can craft.
This guarantees that you always get a diverse set of things to make, and not 4 relic recipes and a portal profit, and the next time 2 petfood, 2 combat buildings and a 20h timebooster.

Since the change to give each slot there own recipes the droprates are more stable, have improved for several items for which petfood is the prime example as an item which droprate has improved by a lot.

because of these fixed pools I can always craft something every 6 hours. because in the worst case I can always make a crappy small timebooster.

1629483424295.png

Last edited:

OldHag

Necromancer
@CrazyWizard - would I be correct in thinking slot machine type of thing, with 5 slots each containing a set of recipes and nothing else in that slot?#

I thought my petfood has appeared in different slots, but I could be wrong and will keep my eye on what appears where and thankyou @CrazyWizard :)

Edit - I've just now seen the graphic you've added, tks :) I also often make crappy small timeboosters, just so I'm crafting something.

OldHag

Necromancer
@CrazyWizard - just curious, do you know how many recipes there are per slot?

Edit - sorry, I just read up again and noted it's 500, which is good to know - but can I assume they are divided up equally, so 100 recipes per slot, minus the ones you are no longer able to craft?

Last edited:

cwgiii

Shaman
I believe the location/order of the slots can change (I have seen this when switching between the mobile app and the browser version). But the actual items did not change.

DeletedUser6472

those artefact btw are in the pet food pool. and the most artefacts I have seen active atm is 3.
Also since we got petfood on 1 location only the droprate has increased significantly from 5-6 to ~8 per week on average. so even if artefacts dilute it a bit in the future it's still way more then what we got before the fixed recipe slots.
This actually explains and confirms what I was suspecting. Recently my pet food dropped to 1 and I haven't seen any for a few weeks, I spent about 300 diamonds to refresh recipes to no avail (spending more seemed like a waste), but I would get phoenix artifacts, sometimes even twice a day. That's what I meant by ridiculous extreme cases (or programming mistakes). By your calculations, it appears that my drop rate percentages for artifacts and pet food were reversed. I contacted tech support and I do get more of pet food now (I don't know though, if it's a coincidence or something was done to rectify the problem).

OldHag

Necromancer
I believe the location/order of the slots can change (I have seen this when switching between the mobile app and the browser version). But the actual items did not change.
Could it be that the set up for the app is different from the browser version? Otherwise it could be very confusing.....eeek!

Last edited:

Sir Derf

Adept
@Regina8 ,

@CrazyWizard described how the changes made increased the frequency of Pet Food occurring, not decreased, so no, that doesn't 'explain and confirm what you were suspecting', it completely contradicts. Or are you saying that CW's explanation was what you thought it should be and that it confirmed your belief that your experience was a mistake?

Also, those changes described were made way, way further back than what you claim to have seen 'for a few weeks'. We've gone through several rounds of different artifact recipes, with each round lasting for 6 weeks, and I believe that the separation of recipes from coming from a common pool into recipes separated into five separate slots was older still than that.

DeletedUser6472

@Regina8 ,

@CrazyWizard described how the changes made increased the frequency of Pet Food occurring, not decreased, so no, that doesn't 'explain and confirm what you were suspecting', it completely contradicts. Or are you saying that CW's explanation was what you thought it should be and that it confirmed your belief that your experience was a mistake?

Also, those changes described were made way, way further back than what you claim to have seen 'for a few weeks'. We've gone through several rounds of different artifact recipes, with each round lasting for 6 weeks, and I believe that the separation of recipes from coming from a common pool into recipes separated into five separate slots was older still than that.
Oh, I'm sorry, are you saying that only your gaming experience is valid and that your "testing " is universal for every player? Or are you going to start telling me now how to use pet food efficiently?

Sir Derf

Adept
Ummmm, no....

I'm saying that I was confused by you saying that CW's information " explains and confirms what I was suspecting", when 1) CW described something that made Pet Food appear more often than earlier, and yet you described a circumstance where you said you were seeing Pet Food appear less frequently than earlier, and 2) CW described changes that were made many, many months ago, where you were describing something you seem to be describing as having changed "a few weeks" ago.

And I don't believe I made any comment on how to use Pet Food.

Sir Derf

Adept
Something's has been bugging me for a little bit since my last couple of posts...

I think we're (me included) sometimes making an incorrect argument when people describe dry spells of one form or another when they did not see all the recipe rotations over the total time period they are describing, or at least sometimes including or implying an incorrect argument in a list of several.

For example, suppose Pet Food recipes should have a 15% chance of showing up per rotation, and I were to describe going for four weeks with only 8 Pet Foods total, but mention that I miss one rotation a day because I sleep. I don't think it's a correct rebuttal to say that you should have been picking up those overnight rotations, that by missing 28 out of 112 potential recipes, 25%, your observation might not be as unusual as you think. Implying that the balancing, missing occurrences that would better produce your expectations might have been in the missed rotations, that you could have had better outcomes if you had looked at all the rotations..

But, all the rotations should be independent. There is no expectation that the fourth rotation a day would be better than the other three. Your observations weren't 'incomplete' because you didn't see every rotation. Your expectations should be the same on a percentage basis in either case.

Mathematically, you just need to make sure that you are basing your expectations on the correct number of observations. In my above example, it would be incorrect to assume that the four week observation should have seen about 28*15% or about 4 per week, or 16-17 in 4 weeks, and thus 8 total was abysmal luck, because that would be incorrectly computing expectations out of 112 including 28 opportunities not taken. It would be correct to assume that the imperfect 4 week observation was the equivalent of an 84 rotation 3 week complete observation, with the expectation of 12-13 Pet Foods, and thus 8 was bad but not quite as abysmal. 84 observations is 84 observations; it shouldn't matter which 84 they were, if they were consecutive or dispersed. It's important to have a correct count of the observations to have a correct computations of the expectations, not to spot the holes where unobserved successes might have slipped through.

Having said that, it is still a good suggestion to try and not miss any rotations, whether by sleeping, or by not picking up a finished recipe before the next rotation. Not because you might be missing the good ones, or because you shouldn't leave that area of uncertainty, but simply because it increases your sample size. 28 chances a week is better than 21 chances a week. You can't win if you don't play. The more times you reach into the duck pond, the more chances you have to grab the Pet Food duckies.

SkyRider99

Mentor
Oh, I'm sorry, are you saying that only your gaming experience is valid and that your "testing " is universal for every player? Or are you going to start telling me now how to use pet food efficiently?

@Sir Derf is a respected contributor to the forum. He took the time to try and help you with the benefit of his experience. There's no need for you to take umbrage and attack him @Regina8. If you don't like the answer, don't ask the question.

Cheers @Sir Derf. I look forward to your next postings.

DeletedUser6472

Something's has been bugging me for a little bit since my last couple of posts...

I think we're (me included) sometimes making an incorrect argument when people describe dry spells of one form or another when they did not see all the recipe rotations over the total time period they are describing, or at least sometimes including or implying an incorrect argument in a list of several.

For example, suppose Pet Food recipes should have a 15% chance of showing up per rotation, and I were to describe going for four weeks with only 8 Pet Foods total, but mention that I miss one rotation a day because I sleep. I don't think it's a correct rebuttal to say that you should have been picking up those overnight rotations, that by missing 28 out of 112 potential recipes, 25%, your observation might not be as unusual as you think. Implying that the balancing, missing occurrences that would better produce your expectations might have been in the missed rotations, that you could have had better outcomes if you had looked at all the rotations..

But, all the rotations should be independent. There is no expectation that the fourth rotation a day would be better than the other three. Your observations weren't 'incomplete' because you didn't see every rotation. Your expectations should be the same on a percentage basis in either case.

Mathematically, you just need to make sure that you are basing your expectations on the correct number of observations. In my above example, it would be incorrect to assume that the four week observation should have seen about 28*15% or about 4 per week, or 16-17 in 4 weeks, and thus 8 total was abysmal luck, because that would be incorrectly computing expectations out of 112 including 28 opportunities not taken. It would be correct to assume that the imperfect 4 week observation was the equivalent of an 84 rotation 3 week complete observation, with the expectation of 12-13 Pet Foods, and thus 8 was bad but not quite as abysmal. 84 observations is 84 observations; it shouldn't matter which 84 they were, if they were consecutive or dispersed. It's important to have a correct count of the observations to have a correct computations of the expectations, not to spot the holes where unobserved successes might have slipped through.

Having said that, it is still a good suggestion to try and not miss any rotations, whether by sleeping, or by not picking up a finished recipe before the next rotation. Not because you might be missing the good ones, or because you shouldn't leave that area of uncertainty, but simply because it increases your sample size. 28 chances a week is better than 21 chances a week. You can't win if you don't play. The more times you reach into the duck pond, the more chances you have to grab the Pet Food duckies.
This is the thing, my MA pools rotate at 11 and 5, I don't miss any, I spend pet food sparingly and a few weeks ago (for the second time this year) came to situation of having 0 in stock. I believe that such important items as pet food and combat boosters should not depend on RNG at all, without them it's impossible to go far in tournaments. We should have some other steady source of acquiring them on a more regular basis (like some buildings producing pet food etc). Inno is introducing new pets all the time, expecting players to spend money on the events and getting more of those pets, without giving an opportunity to feed them, damaging their own income, because what is the point of having all those buildings if you cannot use them when you want to...

Status
Not open for further replies.