• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

How to introduce a Loan Cupboard?

Lil Elfette

Seeker
Hello, I am tasked with setting up a Loan Cupboard for my FS and although I have seen them used in prior FS's I am not totally confident setting it up without reading up or getting advice about it. I did a google search but nothing game related came up, I searched this forum too but found zero results.

If anyone can point me towards a link to readup about it or if anyone can explain so I don't lead our members astray or tie them up in knots I would be forever appreciative.

Thank you in advance Lil Elfy

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @Lil Elfette that's a new one on me! Hopefully someone here can help you out with that! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

cwgiii

Shaman
You may be referring to various KP swap strategies?? There are several methods of those that are searchable. KP swap threads, spreadsheet based, there are a few more that escape me at the moment.

Lil Elfette

Seeker
Thank you cwgiii but we have swap threads and they are used very effectively but not everyone uses them, we have someone who fills his own AW's to a certain point then asks in chat for specific kp amounts per available chest and it is causing some unwanted issues, so I think the best solution is have a LC policy in place and a thread for it away from our members chat. Just looking to confirm how I believe LC's work so I don't mess it up lol but Thank you again for your input, its appreciated very much.

cwgiii

Shaman
Sounds like that particular player is using the "Net Zero Method":

See below a clipping from a different thread (credit Far Reach):

"You ask your fellows to successively take a chest, by donating exactly the number of kp given as a reward for that chest.

Example: If I have a AW level costing 200 kp and with reward chests of 20kp, 15kp, 10kp, 5kp:

I put in 150kp (which is the total cost of the level minus all of the rewards)
Fellows 1 to 4 put in 20kp, 15kp, 10kp, 5kp

The fellows get their kp back in rewards (perhaps with some runes thrown in)
I get a significant reduction in the cost of my AW.

And of I course I help out my fellows when they are levelling their AWs in the same way. "

cwgiii

Shaman
I am not sure how you would set up a "loan" to work with this strategy. I think the purpose there was to not have to track anything. You get back what you give. I suppose you could build a separate spreadsheet to track such activity, but that would add complexity that I think this system was intended to avoid.

I may be totally miss-understanding this system and/or the question. Sorry if this is the case.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
@Lil Elfette maybe if you could try and explain how you believe this Loan Cupboard works? I'll be honest, I'm intrigued myself now :D

It may be that other players use the system but do so under another name? It sounds quite unique.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
It's called 'loan' because players 'loan' their kps to fellows' AWs rather than 'donating' them - you get back exactly what you put in, and almost straight away (in whatever time it takes for all the chests to be taken). Known to some as Loan Club rather than Loan Cupboard, or more widely as the Net Zero method as @cwgiii says. The player who wants their AW completed starts a message thread stating which AW it is, and the amount needed for each chest. Fellows then state in the message thread which chest they're taking, then put that amount into the AW. Once all chests are taken the thread can be deleted so inboxes aren't clogged.

m4rt1n

Adept
It's called 'loan' because players 'loan' their kps to fellows' AWs rather than 'donating' them - you get back exactly what you put in, and almost straight away (in whatever time it takes for all the chests to be taken). Known to some as Loan Club rather than Loan Cupboard, or more widely as the Net Zero method as @cwgiii says. The player who wants their AW completed starts a message thread stating which AW it is, and the amount needed for each chest. Fellows then state in the message thread which chest they're taking, then put that amount into the AW. Once all chests are taken the thread can be deleted so inboxes aren't clogged.

Prone to poaching, some players will put in more than the value to get a rune, so not 100% guaranteed to return KP hence why it can lead to fellowship arguments and issues. I have seen enough threads here over time complaining about such things and requesting donations to be able to be locked to fellowship only which I disagree with and so do the devs as its an open system for all.

Best way, just get all the fellows to join in on the swaps in my personal opinion.

MinervaOz

Enchanter
Prone to poaching, some players will put in more than the value to get a rune, so not 100% guaranteed to return KP

With this method, chests aren't rewards for FS members, so outsiders making donations doesn't disadavantage the FS - except for the runes, so yes that could be a problem if FS members need runes and aren't getting them.

If outsiders (or other FS members for that matter) have put KP in, that needs to be factored in by the owner of the AW. Those chests can be designated as 'taken' when the message thread is created. Outsiders will never get back more kp than they put in. It really only becomes a problem if the outsider is 'lurking' at the same time as the FS members are putting in their kp, and starts adding more (or makes their first contribution in fact) - that really stuffs up the system and is very annoying. And I can see that that might cause arguments within the FS so best have a plan to deal with that.

All methods have advantages and disadvantages, as was discussed in the other thread. Every FS has to decide what works best for them.

Morning Town

Alchemist
All methods have advantages and disadvantages, as was discussed in the other thread. Every FS has to decide what works best for them.
With any of the methods, regular and positive discussion on thread / chat will allow issues to be resolved.