• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Dr who’s tardis

Tasselhoff

Dreamer
can we please have something like dr who’s tardis as a reward? Ooohhh the space, something we all need. Well dr who’s tardis is bigger on the inside.Or even if it gave out random gifts but please include a province. Lovely lovely space .

Sir Derf

Adept
I think the likelihood of having an in-game element from a licensed property (or licenced property) very low. Might as well ask for Impractical Shoe Woman's Palatial Abode from Mouseland or Pigpimple's Academy of Soothsaying and Sorcery.

Tasselhoff

Dreamer
Well you could have something based on the dr who theory. Ie a province my cedar with races from provinces past and future, with bindi’s bucket, gives you random gifts, really good random gifts once a week for 4 weeks.

Wibbly Woo

Spellcaster
I don’t think Dr Who has exclusive rights to the idea of something larger on the inside than the outside. Mary Poppins bag springs to mind as a prior art example, and I am sure there are vast numbers of others.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
To judge from the fact that when Elvenar was a new game, Treants were called Ents and Halflings (no matter the goat horns and donkey ears...) were called Hobbits, I would judge that Inno have already had a brush with the sort of legal protection that surrounds just about every fantasy 'property' these days... so I wouldn't hold my breath (nor want to see!) anything Marvel, DC, or Mary Poppins-related in the game... also, what is Bindi's Bucket?!

Tasselhoff

Dreamer
Bindi's bucket. It's a bucket that is bigger on the inside and gives a province as its ultimate gift. Just my way to show that dr who's tardis can be embellished upon. Dr who's tardis/ bindi's bucket.
Bindi could get you to go to a past province build the portal and do a task, then go to a province higher than the level you are on and do another task. Hence time travel.
Anything can be taken and rewritten, the concept of time travel is not solely owned by the dr who corporation, nor is something that is bigger on the inside.

Laurelin

Sorcerer
Bindi's bucket. It's a bucket that is bigger on the inside and gives a province as its ultimate gift. Just my way to show that dr who's tardis can be embellished upon. Dr who's tardis/ bindi's bucket. Bindi could get you to go to a past province build the portal and do a task, then go to a province higher than the level you are on and do another task. Hence time travel.
Thanks for the explanation, although I should probably have phrased it more clearly, since your original post does indeed imply that Bindi's Bucket has the ability to employ spatial distortion, so that much was already clear. Let me try again: Who is Bindi, and why/how do they have the Bucket? I'm not trolling here - I really do want to know. I've tried searching the Net, but all that comes back is 'Bindi's Bucket List', which appears to be the homepage of an ordinary, non-time-travelling person who rescues dogs and posts about them online, and I'm sure that's not the Bindi you're referring to?
Anything can be taken and rewritten, the concept of time travel is not solely owned by the dr who corporation, nor is something that is bigger on the inside.
Very true, and as per Solomon via Ecclesiastes (which itself is anything up to six thousand years old, or even older, depending upon which historical expert you choose to rely upon), "there is nothing new under the sun". Shakespeare put it rather differently, i.e. "There is only one story in the world: boy meets girl, boy loses girl, boy gets girl" (paraphrased). And it's virtually impossible to write any kind of original fantasy fiction at all ever since Tolkien covered virtually every aspect of that subject in LOTR and his other works, although many authors and video game makers still try, of course. Unintentional plagiarism of already written ideas is the frequent bane of many authors, who genuinely don't realise that their work isn't original - although on the subject of sci-fi time travel, the first well-known (and thus often seen as original) work based on this topic is H.G. Wells' The Time Machine, which pre-dates Dr Who et al by around a century or so... even though Wells, too, was far from the first author/mythologist to include the concept in their work. And on this note, as already asked above: where does Bindi fit in? Ancient myth, modern fiction, or...? I'm genuinely interested.
Maybe we could call it the Torch Wood (in joke for Doctor Who geeks).
... and/or Plants vs Zombies geeks, although the PvZ version of Torch Wood is quite literally a burning tree stump, so... not really the same thing! :D

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Mentor
I wouldn't hold my breath (nor want to see!) anything Marvel, DC, or Mary Poppins-related in the game

I agree @Laurelin. The original 'Mary Poppins' mention was very much tongue-in-cheek, and I didn't read it as any sort of a serious suggestion. The same goes for my message - just a disposable joke.

It was nice to reminisce over your historical notes ;)

Tasselhoff

Dreamer
Bindi is just a fictional character of my imagination and his bucket is also part plagiarism of dr who’s tardis and my imagination. As I said before any story can be rewritten.
I gave absolutely loved reading all the responses. Thank you all

Alcaro

Necromancer
Bindi's bucket. It's a bucket that is bigger on the inside and gives a province as its ultimate gift. Just my way to show that dr who's tardis can be embellished upon. Dr who's tardis/ bindi's bucket.
Bindi could get you to go to a past province build the portal and do a task, then go to a province higher than the level you are on and do another task. Hence time travel.
I really like this idea of travelling in the past or future province, If the idea existed from the beginning of the game, we could keep some beautiful buildings, normal or from events (otherwise obsolete and useless for higher chapters). Not sure though what I would have in the future provinces but it's something that can be developed ... like having fictional buildings just for fun.

SkyRider99

Mentor
What a tantalising idea @Alcaro. I sometimes reflect on how much my city has grown and changed over the years. It would be cool to see a slide show or animation of my city changes from old to new to current. 'Not really feasible, but dreams are cheap :p