• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Day and Night Times!

Tails444

Novice
Greetings!

I would love to see the game's Day and Night cycle in Realtime where our time zones are, is is possible to create this with the game?

I am just starting out with Fairies and they have a day and night farm except it's always day time in Elvenar. why not create a night time too?

With Love

EyesLoveyou!
My City.jpg

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @Tails444 :)

It's a beautiful chapter and one that I was sorry to leave!! Then again, the art DOES just keep on getting better!

You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to ask this as a Night Time Landscape would be absolutely outstanding. To see all our City Lights at Night I think is something we all dream about. Sadly, it's something we cannot foresee our Developers doing. It would require each and every building to be have a night time counterpart and the team just haven't the scope to do this.

You've got the Orcs to look forward to next... careful with them lot... they can be Naughty :D

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Toursy

Alchemist
Totally agree that could be really nice ! People could activate if they want or not to have this full cycle of the day or not.
But I think it could be magical :)

Hekata

Artisan
It would be nice if we could toggle to a night mode. I'd always keep it that way in my cities :)

Gargon667

Mentor
You're not the first and certainly won't be the last to ask this as a Night Time Landscape would be absolutely outstanding. To see all our City Lights at Night I think is something we all dream about. Sadly, it's something we cannot foresee our Developers doing. It would require each and every building to be have a night time counterpart and the team just haven't the scope to do this.

This unfortunately is true, I wonder if only changing the background (not changing any building) would have an approximation of this effect? That would be very simple to do. The town would of course stand out a lot more from the background, but that could be blamed on the artificial lights on the streets maybe...
Still leaves the problem of when to make it night. as @Silmaril pointed out some player is always going to be off schedule, but that facts hasn´t stopped Inno from having summer/fall/winter backgrounds, so I don´t see why it would stop them from doing night and day.
The alternative would be to base the background effects on the engines date/time settings. But that would be a bit of new code again...

Stucon

Illusionist
I don't do programming ... how difficult would it be to base it on 'local time' which we all have?

Cheryn

Bard
Also worth pointing out that as we follow CET that would not suit most of our players. To set what is perceived as night or day, due to the nature of it being International and always being daytime somewhere :)
Yes, apparently I signed up on the Germany based Elvenar while I live in the USA, so there are few hours where I am able to reach out to many of my fellowship co-members. I believe there might be a 10 hour time difference between myself and a lot of other players. Night and Day could get confusing for some.

Cheryn

Bard
Plus I would likely be playing at night all the time and sleeping during daylight. LOL! (almost do that now anyway)