• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Builder bonuses

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello,

Today I found out that builder bonus which minus building time construction was actually not retroactive, but I also have a polar bear and when I feed it it grant me the bonus retroactively (which shows that it is possible to make it happen for the GD).

So I would like to know if it would be possible to change that, to make it retroactive for buildings too please?

Last edited:

SkyRider99

Mentor
A fair question @Toursy.

Without trying to sound cynical, might I suggest that if such a change would grant you a special advantage, then it is probably too much to hope for.
:cool:

Keep the ideas flowing though mate :)

Gargon667

Mentor
Hello,

Today I found out that builder bonus which minus building time construction was actually not retroactive, but I also have a polar bear and when I feed it it grant me the bonus retroactively (which shows that it is possible to make it happen for the GD).

So I would like to know if it would be possible to change that, to make it retroactive for buildings too please?

Sure everything is possible, but what does tourney cooldown have to do with construction?

The two mechanics are completely different from each other as well.
The builder is a one-time bonus you get through neighbourly help for free (it´s like getting a free time boost only usuable for your next construction), while the tourney cooldown is a 1 week bonus affecting every single tourney encounter during that time at the cost of a pet food (how useful it is depends mostly on how much tourney you play).

Looking at it this way, I personally would not want it to act retroactively, because all it means is you get a smaller boost. Since you already started the construction you would get a 10% discount on a smaller amount. I personally rather get a boost and use it on my next construction for the full effect.
In the tourney cooldown example however it makes total sense to give the bonus retroactively, since you get all times reduced, not just the next one (or last one as you propose).

Toursy

Alchemist
Hello,

I indeed found out yesterday that the bonus from the builder is a one time bonus when I was thinking it would last for hours... This idea would have been interesting if it was working like culture (it last for some hours instead of only one construction).
So what we can add is : change the way builders bonuses works and make it like culture bonus (aka it would last for some hours then disappear).

Ruprecht

Adventurer
The builder bonus works well as it is as a one off item. The change I'd like to see is if you accidentally build the wrong thing and cancel it the bonus is returned, if there's a free slot of course.

Last edited:

Gargon667

Mentor
As to improvements to the builder: I would like to make it optional, rather than automatic. I really don´t need a bonus for something that only takes 15 minutes to build (the bonus gives only 90 seconds).
An alternative would be to have a freely adjustable minimum time for applying the boost. Right now it is a fixed 5 minutes (which means a bonus of 30 seconds). It would be rather simple to program to make this adjustable.

Ruprecht

Adventurer
As to improvements to the builder: I would like to make it optional, rather than automatic. I really don´t need a bonus for something that only takes 15 minutes to build (the bonus gives only 90 seconds).
An alternative would be to have a freely adjustable minimum time for applying the boost. Right now it is a fixed 5 minutes (which means a bonus of 30 seconds). It would be rather simple to program to make this adjustable.
Your 1st idea was what I edited out of my reply. After consideration I think there's a bit of strategy involved to get the most benefit from the bonuses if you want to use them for longer builds. Your 2nd point is a better fix. Make the minimum time to apply 10 or 15 minutes.