• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Is it against ToS to boost a family member?

Enneth

Adventurer
So I'm thinking of trying to convince my brother to play. I've gotten him into World of Warcraft, Borderlands, and several other games.

So if I have him start this game and boost him so he scores 2-3K in tournaments is that allowed?

Lelanya

Mentor
I think it depends on if you are sharing the same IP address. There are points in the rule that specifically involve push accounts - routine unbalanced transfer of resources is forbidden, regardless of residence. Also accounts owned by the same player or sharing an IP address cannot invite each other into a fellowship. But your brother could apply to join your FS, and you could plump him up.
I think an important point is that the two accounts must be played separately.

Julian

Sorcerer
I don't know the specific rules. However, I think it would be wrong for one city to regularly support another. That is pushing. However, a boost at the beginning to get it started seems reasonable.

Herodite

Forum mod extraordinaire
Elvenar Team
Greetings @Enneth! I do hope you convince your Brother! Now with regards to giving him a "Boost" I'm going to refer you to the following rules concerning Push Accounts...

§7 Pushing
  • Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
  • It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.
  • Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you**
**This particular rule is not used for Elvenar... it's perfectly fine for Family Members to be playing on the same IP Address...

With the above in mind, and noting that many Fellowships help their Fellows in earlier chapters to progress, you need to ensure that you're not going beyond that. Help here and there is fine as long as it is reasonable. However anything above and beyond that will be considered "Pushing"

I hope that helps! And I hope to see your Brother on the Forum soon! :)

Kind Regards

Herodite.

Enneth

Adventurer
Okay it sounds like 2 star trades and KP swap is allowed as long as it is equitable

But something like boosting his Golden Abyss to level 3 (without equitable decompensation) is an offense right?

Stucon

Illusionist
It is quite common to help a newbie by asking them to set up silly trades. demanding / asking at a ratio of 1 to 4. My reading of the rules is that as long as this was not a 'regular ' occurrence it would be OK.
A neighbour did this for me when I was new and a fellow when I was stuck fairly early on in the game, I have also done it to help neighbours and fellows as I have grown.
(Hope I don't get banned for admitting this.)

Pauly7

Magus
Note use of the word "routine". I think it is fine to help out a new player with favourable trades and getting their AWs moving in the right direction. It becomes routine if this is now what you do as a long term strategy, and this is what you can't do.

Gargon667

Mentor
§7 Pushing
  • Operating a “push-account” is forbidden. This is defined as unbalanced routine resource (resources, Knowledge Points etc.) transfers from one account to the next even if involved accounts do not belong to the same player.
  • It is forbidden to create trades in any form (goods, Knowledge Points etc.) that involve multiple worlds.
  • Please note that it is strictly forbidden to use the invite feature to invite yourself or players that share an internet connection with you**
**This particular rule is not used for Elvenar... it's perfectly fine for Family Members to be playing on the same IP Address...

Hm somehow I thought there used to be something about it´s OK to give from a big to small town, but not from small towns to big towns? But I guess that was just an explanation in my mind lol...

Routine seems a sensible approach, although it makes it rather hard to prove pushing lol. Guess that´s why so few ever get "convicted"