• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion The Mystery of the Misty Forest

Pauly7

Magus
Does the 1st column (that happens to be free of blockages) need to be cleared, or is it kind of a clearing to get started. In other words, does the 1st candle need to be placed there, or in the next column where the gap lies between blockages?
Candles and lanterns are place in different spots, because candles are placed on misty squares and lanterns are placed on clear squares, clearing adjacent misty ones. If you have a clear column then ignore it and place a candle on one of the spots in the next column.
I think what can be confusing, is to de-mist all spots. Do you clear every single spot on the map, bar the obstacles, or just get an idea of what is where, and move on to try and find places that actually show hidden objects?
I don't believe that it is efficient to try clearing every misty square. Don't be worried about the possibility of something lurking behind a square that you've missed. Be more concerned that if you go back and clear it you might potentially be unable to clear multiple squares later on. You should always think about the route that is clearing the most squares at a time, or that has the potential to open up the most squares.

The grid is infinite, so there isn't ever a case of thinking there are a certain number of prizes in a certain area so I should try to find them. Just keep pressing on.

Gargon667

Mentor
I think what can be confusing, is to de-mist all spots. Do you clear every single spot on the map, bar the obstacles, or just get an idea of what is where, and move on to try and find places that actually show hidden objects? One might miss a cat by not opening all, but on the other hand, you can find so much more by just progressing to the right.

To get any specific daily, I have given up on that. Less than 10% chance for most and finding the cauldron with the higher % is just plain rare. As luck goes, I get dailies in the cities I don’t need them. Lol, and do I need broken shards? No siree, but I get lots. So little Blue will be chasing blue cats.

One can even reason that the level 1 Witch Hut is not so bad. Level 10 is just double level 1. Is it worth the frustration to get it to level 10? Just a thought ...

No don´t demist everything, it makes no difference how many fields you skip! It is much more important how many fields you light up :) So use your light sources for maximum clearance rather than to tickle every single one of the squares...
I think 10-20% of my squares stay dark and about 30-50% stay grey (not counted, just estimating), but I don´t bother with the daily prize chests and leave them grey...

Jackluyt

Shaman
Also, do we know what this means? Didn't it always give out 3KP on stage 10? Does that mean they've cancelled all the frogs and orcs?

I think it means that where it used to give 3 KP on levels 8 - 10, it now gives 2 on 8 and 9, and 3 on 10 only.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
I have been playing now for 2.5 years. This event is so terrible and insulting that I have joined the Forum. I play actively, support my fellowship and I like a challenge but this event is just not worth the effort. By level 20 I have gotten a total of 20 KP. I won't be using resources and spells to try and finish it.

Over the past year I have seen an overall decline in the reward for effort in quests, events and the wishing well. I've even given up buying diamonds and packages now, something I did regularly.

This has been the hardest year ever in the lives of many players (not mine although I did lose my job) and it feels like Inno has ignored the hardship, uncertainty and problems that players are facing. I hope they reconsider all this when planning the next event because I know I am not alone in feeling this way.

Increasingly, more and more of us are not using FB, Twitter or Instagram etc so promotions/ competitions might be better publicised here or via email instead.

Coriandre

Adventurer
I hope you'll be heard, Bluebell, I have played for a few months only so I didn't know the rewards were much better earlier, I understand your concern and disappointment.

Pauly7

Magus
I'm sure this has been said many times already, but here's another one...

I finished last week's tournament on Friday morning, then shortly after I got a quest asking for "solve 6 encounters of 6 tournament encounters". With no provinces available and three and a half days until the scout finishes, that's not necessarily a great quest combination.

It doesn't actually matter because there's loads of time to complete the quests and they're so mind-numbing that having a four day break is no problem for me, but do the devs actually intend for people to have this much downtime during an event?

Deleted User - 1759805

It doesn't actually matter because there's loads of time to complete the quests and they're so mind-numbing that having a four day break is no problem for me, but do the devs actually intend for people to have this much downtime during an event?
They may expect you to have several provinces in stash for this exact reason.

Deleted User - 1759805

I had about 8, and burned through them. I hadn't cleared any more provinces since the last event.

As scouting times only increase, players will have less and less ability to complete those quests if they still have the same values.
Only if they keep negotiating them ;) I only negotiate provinces during events, so I now have the whole ring of available provinces and I actually have to negotiate some just to keep scouting.

C-Nymph

Necromancer
Only if they keep negotiating them ;) I only negotiate provinces during events, so I now have the whole ring of available provinces and I actually have to negotiate some just to keep scouting.
How long is your scouting time? Because with scouting times getting longer and longer and events coming so short after each other, it's going to eventually happen that you'll be in the same situation Pauly is in ;) Even with non stop scouting and no clearing provinces in between events...

Pauly7

Magus
I'm not sure why negotiating makes a difference, but no, I only fight them.

With the amount of encounter and relics quests they now stuff into events, if you do them all using province encounters there's no chance your scout can keep up, unless your scouting time is much less than 3 days, but I'm guessing it isn't.

BluebellLadybird

Adventurer
I'm sure this has been said many times already, but here's another one...

I finished last week's tournament on Friday morning, then shortly after I got a quest asking for "solve 6 encounters of 6 tournament encounters". With no provinces available and three and a half days until the scout finishes, that's not necessarily a great quest combination.

I try to stack completed provinces for these events. This time I had 4 in W and have used them all up already. i don't mind slowing down my progress by just doing 2 or 4 encounters at a time (whatever is asked for) but when they are so frequently needed and, as you point out, it can take days to complete them, it becomes de-motivating and the fun disappears.

This is a fantastic game and I have really enjoyed it, and invested money to build but that is changing. My other gripe is that I use a VPN and an anonymous browser (due to a hacker) which is not supported by the Inno servers so I have to constantly reboot to login. New PC with gaming specs and the game doesn't work properly :(.

Deleted User - 1759805

How long is your scouting time? Because with scouting times getting longer and longer and events coming so short after each other, it's going to eventually happen that you'll be in the same situation Pauly is in ;) Even with non stop scouting and no clearing provinces in between events...

I'm not sure why negotiating makes a difference, but no, I only fight them.

With the amount of encounter and relics quests they now stuff into events, if you do them all using province encounters there's no chance your scout can keep up, unless your scouting time is much less than 3 days, but I'm guessing it isn't.

My scouting time is ~82 hrs right now. I have done most of the encounters and relics quests in this event by negotiating map provinces, as I was already done with Spire and tournament for a week (when I say negotiating, I don't just mean catering, it is indeed doesn't matter whether you fight or cater these). So no, I am nowhere close to running out of map provinces any time soon.

But if I'd still have a full tournament to go, I'd likely negotiate very few if any map provinces. Sometimes event lines up like this, sometimes it doesn't.

Pauly7

Magus
My scouting time is ~82 hrs right now. I have done most of the encounters and relics quests in this event by negotiating map provinces, as I was already done with Spire and tournament for a week (when I say negotiating, I don't just mean catering, it is indeed doesn't matter whether you fight or cater these). So no, I am nowhere close to running out of map provinces any time soon.

But if I'd still have a full tournament to go, I'd likely negotiate very few if any map provinces. Sometimes event lines up like this, sometimes it doesn't.
The difference is that you've already built up a buffer of available provinces, and you can afford to have one event where you mostly use them to complete quests, knowing that they will build back up because in most events you won't use them... I admit that's the right way to do it and is usually how I have operated. For me, I ran low on available provinces for one reason or another and I think this is now the second event in a row that it wasn't convenient to use the tournaments (or I was impatient) and so I find myself in this situation.

Like I say, it's not a big problem because now I can just wait and there is still plenty of time. Likelihood is I will have built them back up in a couple of months' time. I still think it is something to be addressed, though, because they are putting in more and more and more event quests asking us to gain relics or complete encounters and all the while people have longer and longer scouting times. They used to make a thing about advising people not to "overscout", but such a notion has long since gone out of the window. I don't think anyone stops scouting anymore.

Gargon667

Mentor
I had about 8, and burned through them. I hadn't cleared any more provinces since the last event.

As scouting times only increase, players will have less and less ability to complete those quests if they still have the same values.

Really? You must have been doing provinces as first option then, I have finished the quest line and didn´t use that many provinces.
I did tourney provinces if both options were available.
Still have 10+ (and increasing by 2 per week) unfinished provinces for next event...

Pauly7

Magus
Really? You must have been doing provinces as first option then, I have finished the quest line and didn´t use that many provinces.
I did tourney provinces if both options were available.
Still have 10+ (and increasing by 2 per week) unfinished provinces for next event...
Yeah, as I say I started these quests after I finished last week's tournament and just because I was impatient for something to do I cracked on using the provinces. My 8 or so open provinces lasted me until about the 40th quest.

Gargon667

Mentor
Ah well as you say, once you run out you wait, it´s not like it´s actually costing you anything...

Deleted User - 1759805

he difference is that you've already built up a buffer of available provinces, and you can afford to have one event where you mostly use them to complete quests, knowing that they will build back up because in most events you won't use them... I admit that's the right way to do it and is usually how I have operated. For me, I ran low on available provinces for one reason or another and I think this is now the second event in a row that it wasn't convenient to use the tournaments (or I was impatient) and so I find myself in this situation.
Indeed. Having said that, previously there was a cost to sitting on scouted-but-unopened provinces in the end game - in many cases, these are the provinces that you could have used in tournament to pick up more KPs. Nowadays, outside for events, I don't see much reason to negotiate map provinces. Very few people are tournament-limited by max provinces anymore, and there are only so many provinces that are needed for chapter gates and expansions, even if you want to do those. I expect that more and more people will have significant buffers of available provinces in the end game on a going forward basis.