• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered AWOL Archmage!!

Dillipa

Seeker
Hi Guys, looking for some help. Im currently a Mage in a small Fellowship that was created about 14mths ago. The issue I have is the Archmage has gone walkies for the last 5mths and i've exhausted all avenues to try and contact them. Is there a way to change my status within the Fellowship for control? Or would it be a case of merely starting a brand new Fellowship and allowing this one to remain inactive!?

m4rt1n

Adept
I would contact support ingame, we had a similar situation and they gave the rank to me after the AM vanished for months.

Dillipa

Seeker
Thanks Guys i'll take that advice and get onto them. They're totally inactive so it makes sense to take over the role.

Many Blessings

Dillipa.

Dillipa

Seeker
Has it been that long!! I thought it was just a few months. I wanted to give them the benefit of the doubt because I understand people go on a bit of a hiatus then return. But i think its safe to say they've ended their journey.

Dillipa

Seeker
I've just contacted support so fingers crossed they can sort it out. Once i've taken control I think im going to do a bit of a recruitment drive and dismiss the inactive players. I sound like an evil dictator but I dont think its fair to the other active members that we're not reaching our potential.

Pauly7

Magus
It's always best to have a clean start with the ones that are still there. Then you can plan the recruitment you need to do.

Julian

Sorcerer
I've just contacted support so fingers crossed they can sort it out. Once i've taken control I think im going to do a bit of a recruitment drive and dismiss the inactive players. I sound like an evil dictator but I dont think its fair to the other active members that we're not reaching our potential.
Always good to prune out the dead wood. New recruits might be deterred if you have lots of inactive players.

Timneh

Artisan
Not sure if it's standard practice for support but when our AM went inactive support made the member with the highest points the new AM not the person that contacted them.

lihwei9123

Seeker
If you face this situation, just leave your FS and seek for the other one that has more active players. Just ignore your mage title.

Gargon667

Mentor
Sorry Silmaril, I have seen it play out differently. But if I gave more details, I would be revealing the contents of a letter I received from Support, and that's not allowed here, now is it?

Well as long as you suggested the one they were going to make AM anyway, then everybody is right :D

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
That is quite correct, you are unable to share with support but we do have a set protocol that we do not deviate from which is the ranks that can take the Archmage position. Longest standing active Mage, Ambassador or Fellow in that order.
Of course once we made the change all sorts of changes then happen and it does not follow they keep the role, but it allows for the first steps to get the Fellowship back on track.
I always find it most saddening when a Fellowship ceases to exist and hope more reach out if they are in the inactive Archmage position.

Dillipa

Seeker
Support were extremely prompt with my request. My FS is only small and after a brief discussion with them they were happy for me to proceed as AM. I think had the FS been a tad larger I would have opened it out to the floor after all we live in a wonderfully democratic world :) but Kudos to everyone who commented on here. You were all extremely helpful and QUICK with your responses!! (Love that!)

Many Blessings

Dillipa x