• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Create a Foreign Language Feature

FatehpurSikri

Alchemist
The farther away from home you explore in the real world, the more people you encounter who don't speak your language. So it should be when you explore the Elvenar provinces. Suggestions:
  • Research and build a foreign language school. This could be used to increase culture, as it wouldn't produce tangible goods like the other workshops.
  • Production would include translation units (for written messages and documents) and interpretation units (for oral communications).
Translation and interpretation units could be used as part of negotiations requirements in the provinces, as your scout would need to be able both to speak a foreign language and to translate written messages or enlist someone who can.

Last edited:

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
The main stumbling block to this is that Elvenar has been created to be language specific, with each server catering to just one language; even ourselves on the International Server never deviating fom English.
Of course this is assuming you are thinking that these 'languages' would be actual ones already.....

Pauly7

Magus
I don't think she means that different languages will actually be used in the game - just that there is an assumption people from farther afield may be speaking another language therefore there could be a building that acknowledges that and produces 'goods' which can be used to lower negotiation costs.

It's interesting... would certainly be a new idea to think about.

Gargon667

Mentor
Fun idea! Maybe something for them to do when they have time again. Right now they are very busy with major game changes, so I would not expect it to happen any time soon, but maybe after they make chapter 17 there is a lull in the dev house :)
Overall I think it would cost too much time to implement something that is a minor feature. But if it could be used in a bigger plan I could see something like that. Maybe as part of the next guest race even?