• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

DeletedUser8409

From what I've seen, it is always 3 items which are random from 13 possible.
Thank you for confirming that. Out of curiosity you ever see eg 2-3 from the same tier of goods at the same time (eg Scrolls and Crystal, or Marble, Planks and Steel) or is it just one from a tier at a time?

Also do they seem to be randomly evenly distributed or biased towards certain types?

FieryArien

Necromancer
Thank you for confirming that. Out of curiosity you ever see eg 2-3 from the same tier of goods at the same time (eg Scrolls and Crystal, or Marble, Planks and Steel) or is it just one from a tier at a time?

Also do they seem to be randomly evenly distributed or biased towards certain types?
If I remember correctly (and I think I am, because it couldn’t happen in the world province, could it?), my chapter 2 city got all tier 1 selection. I mean the negotiation in a tournament province asked for marble&steel&planks. Fortunately for me that one had reasonable combination of enemies and could be fought. ;-)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
lol well I run 2 businesses as well as being here, so every click counts :)

Ditto!! And one of them has me crazy! I started to play this game to not hate the internet, actually @Silmaril haha, as I do not like social media, and I use the Internet only to work. So, now at least I have this game too :) (Not into news, world drama, people's drama, etc...) But yes, every click counts indeed...

That's why... INNO should make a list of neighbors,. the same way that you get a list of fellows, or people that visited you or traded with you. The NH map visits could have a:

"Neighbors you already know", and have them in a list... as in the FS. That would save me 15 minutes (S&D) hehe. Is the only "tedious" thing for me in this game, but its worth the gold haha.

Deleted User - 1759805

There are certainly plenty of 2 of the same tier out there, so that happens pretty often. I assume you can get all 3, even though the chances of that happening past chapter 10 are fairly low. As to the distribution, it is hard to tell yet. The Spire used pretty even distribution IIRC, so in all likelihood it is the same here.

Hekata

Artisan
The Spire used pretty even distribution IIRC, so in all likelihood it is the same here.
I'm not so sure the Spire has an even distribution of goods. I've had weeks when it would ask me orcs at almost every encounter and then other weeks when I maybe got one encounter asking for orcs. If you mean evenly distributed in average (let's say what the Spire asks you in a 1 month) than maybe yes, but a single Spire can really push one ore two type of goods a lot. At least that's how it's been for me and I've been doing diplomacy since day one.

DeletedUser9591

I think that AWs must not be included into any formulas defining difficulty - neither tournaments (new model), nor spire. Expansions (regular and premium with less weight on difficulty), research on tech tree are absolutely fine, making this game better balanced. But AWs 1100% objection from me. There should be at least one area where players' hard work should deliver pay off and competitive advantage. I see this area as AWs.

DeletedUser8409

The biggest issue to me seems to be not what is included or not included (though it is utterly ludicrous that premium expansions for instance are included at all) . . . but the insane difficulties being quoted.

If a battle is literally unwinnable with autofighting then that is not reasonable. That's not a case of making it "hard" it is making it impossible. Why should encounters only be possible to compete by catering instead of fighting, I see no reasonable justification for that?

DeletedUser7526

I think that AWs must not be included into any formulas defining difficulty - neither tournaments (new model), nor spire. Expansions (regular and premium with less weight on difficulty), research on tech tree are absolutely fine, making this game better balanced. But AWs 1100% objection from me. There should be at least one area where players' hard work should deliver pay off and competitive advantage. I see this area as AWs.
New players will be penalised with this idea. As they will rush chapters without upgrading AWs like old gamers with wait times between chapters

DeletedUser9591

From my experience, many players were looking into elvengems for advice on tournaments, e.g. selection of the troops, resources, advice on autofight. Now fighting might become a complete mess. If new changes will mean that advanced cities will need fight manually, it will be difficult or impossible for many players. I never learned how to fight manually and never will, I simply do not have time for that and it would be worse for me timewise than four clicks per province in tournament :) Another question - is game become some sort of military version? Catering will never be possible to the same extent as fighting - I personally do not believe that thresholds will be lowered to this level.

Premium provinces should be included, but with reduced weight.

DeletedUser9591

New players will be penalised with this idea. As they will rush chapters without upgrading AWs like old gamers with wait times between chapters

I don't think so... There are many advanced players with poorly developed AWs as well. Plus, research process is relatively slow and depends on players strategy. Same could be said about the players who might rush through the chapters without upgrading buildings - if it works for them, that's fine.

In addition to that I would disable second bears, phoenixes, etc. (returning spent amount of diamonds/equivalent to those players) and would allow every player to craft one of those buildings and evolve them fully. Here would be a level playing field, but not some AW which has capped amount of levels and requires huge input.

CrazyWizard

Shaman

Not penalised but an incent to play a develop,
It makes total sense that a player playing for 5 years do have thing a player playing for 2 weeks does not have "yet"
If after 2 weeks we would all be the same, how boring would that be?

RainbowElvira

Sorcerer
Premium provinces should be included, but with reduced weight.

This is the case already with the current formula, and I welcome that.

Upgrading AWs is much less important than before, and may even hurt tournament performance in the current (beta) form.

DeletedUser9591

How would you do that.

I am sure that it is possible to detect which accounts have multiple copies of certain building (I was talking specifically about bears and fire phoenix) and disable second, third, fourth or whatever copy. Of course players must be compensated by adding adequate amount of diamonds into their accounts. I see this situation as developers instead of cleaning their mess creating even bigger mess with dysfunctional events like latest phoenix event or trying to fix their mistakes by making things more difficult in general (e.g changes to tournaments)

Killiak

Artisan
I am sure that it is possible to detect which accounts have multiple copies of certain building (I was talking specifically about bears and fire phoenix) and disable second, third, fourth or whatever copy. Of course players must be compensated by adding adequate amount of diamonds into their accounts. I see this situation as developers instead of cleaning their mess creating even bigger mess with dysfunctional events like latest phoenix event or trying to fix their mistakes by making things more difficult in general (e.g changes to tournaments)

Hard nerfing progression and discouraging actual city building does not equal "fixing mistakes".

They are just making new ones.

DeletedUser7526

I hope so. I need something fun to do so I can forget a bit about the upcoming tourney nerfing.
Share your feeling. Too much anger is bad for health + I was missing 1-2 collections each day.
Need something encouraging and inspiring Inno.