• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Unfair diamond costs

Stucon

Illusionist
XE.com Currency Converter: 1 GBP to USD = 1.26235 US Dollars 10.17am BST 15 July 2020
Diamond costs
500 diamonds £4.99 or
500 diamonds $4.99

20% more expensive in the UK. Anyone know of any reason?

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
As with everything its down to taxes and payment method

CrazyWizard

Shaman
XE.com Currency Converter: 1 GBP to USD = 1.26235 US Dollars 10.17am BST 15 July 2020
Diamond costs
500 diamonds £4.99 or
500 diamonds $4.99

20% more expensive in the UK. Anyone know of any reason?

With a bit of luck / bad luck (depending your personal p.o.v.) it won't take long before it's cheaper to buy in the UK than in europe.
It's quite common the round numbers, and they do not constantly change things for changes in exchange rates.

4.99 in general sells just as well as 4.78, and 5.00 sells worse than 4.99, thats the main reason that in many shop you see numbers end on 99, it looks cheaper.

Pauly7

Magus
With a bit of luck / bad luck (depending your personal p.o.v.) it won't take long before it's cheaper to buy in the UK than in europe.
It's quite common the round numbers, and they do not constantly change things for changes in exchange rates.
You're right, but I do know a couple of sites where premium purchases are specific to the penny and fluctuate every day with exchange rates. People then pick the right economic moment to make purchases. It's weird, but interesting.

We have the whole tax implication that @Silmaril mentioned, but these are specific unmoving amounts, so I agree that it's more to do with rounding it to a certain point and then just leaving it be.

Stucon

Illusionist
This is a 20% difference, not a few % points. And it has been this big a gap for a significant period of time,

It should be £4.00, (or £3.99 if you want to play shop keeper), Look at the 12 month table below.
ps as far as I can ascertain there is NO tax on in game purchases in the USA or the UK,

1594935169342.png

https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y
1594935169342.png

Attachments

• 1594933135727.png
    1594933135727.png
    74.2 KB · Views: 70

CrazyWizard

Shaman
This is a 20% difference, not a few % points. And it has been this big a gap for a significant period of time,

It should be £4.00, (or £3.99 if you want to play shop keeper), Look at the 12 month table below.
ps as far as I can ascertain there is NO tax on in game purchases in the USA or the UK,

View attachment 4578
https://www.xe.com/currencycharts/?from=GBP&to=USD&view=1Y View attachment 4578

Why compare to the USD? Inno-games is a european company that uses EUR.
Currently the 5 euro offer is 4.54 pound in an exchange rate.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
And what about the amount of diamonds between app and pc? you get 11,000 for £74.99 on pc and only 10,000 for the same price on the app.
Why is that?

Deleted User - 1759805

And what about the amount of diamonds between app and pc? you get 11,000 for £74.99 on pc and only 10,000 for the same price on the app.
Why is that?
App stores (Apple and Google) take their cut of the proceeds.

Thagdal

Sorcerer
And still Innogames reaches a billion in revenue....Attention App Players, you are being screwed over, buy diamonds on the PC, give Inno all their hard earned money;):p

DeletedUser8409

20% VAT would be my guess.

In the UK (and continental Europe) we quote prices including VAT, whereas in the US they quote prices without sales tax.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
And still Innogames reaches a billion in revenue...Attention App Players, you are being screwed over, buy diamonds on the PC, give Inno all their hard earned money;):p

The cell phone industry is evil and malevolent, one reason I dislike cell phones so much.

If you as a business sell something over an app, Android, iOS and Windows will charge you a commission. After getting most people addicted to stupid cell phones and social media, they slam with fees. I have a $200 smartphone (I spent more in diamonds... a lot more) than last year I used it only for the occasional Whatsapp (I did not want groups), and now, I happen to use it daily.... once... to do the map NH visits (worth the gold.)

And the price of the phones, another joke. I paid 6 years ago 400€ for a i7, 32GB RAM DDR4, military graded motherboard, one 500GB SSD -non-SATA- (six years ago, these hard drives were pricier, and a humble -did not need more- 2GB Nvidia dedicated graphic card.) 400€!!!! It boots in 50 seconds now (I have over a dozen audio, video rendering software, as well as image editing.)

The "newest phone" is worth 1500€, yet, if we count its hardware, it's not worth more than 200€ hahaha. Years ago a hacker proved this with an iPhone. If someone gifted me a 1500€ phone, I would sell it and buy diamonds, period, and maybe, a few Vega Sicilia Unico, a very nice Spanish wine :)

That's it... but most people can't live away from their phones nowadays, and these companies are now taking advantage of it. Yes, buy your diamonds ON PC ONLY, so all the money goes to INNO, and not to those dreaded smartphone OS companies.

Last edited: