• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well, that's a relief... I was so happy with my level 31 Needles... at least it speeds up barracks.. for S&D is nice, but it seems a relief from a very dark forecast. I usually max out all the tournaments (or minimum of all five stars all provinces). That is a huge loss of KP for me from now onward... and it will apply to all tourny-players... and I am an auto-fighter. I have over 1m of all RSS, and +2m of some I don't produce (from offering three-star trades). I am stalling to start Halflings to grow more the AWs, and I am working on 2 manus of each of my future boosted sentient as I have scores of teleports... (and considering for the 3rd tier that apparently it's coming due to the app looks at the Main Hall.)

But now... with KP becoming so scarce, stalling like this seems like a bold move and a bad strategy now. Many of us value everything down to their KP price/diamond. @Silmaril what are your thoughts with this mess? It screws the strategy of many of us. I still hope for things to slowly shift, but looks stormy ahead! It really rocks the foundation of some people playing style!

I'll adjust, but making 7-10K pts will be a good memory we all have, as some players (I don't as I started to play with it nerfed) have about how awesome that Crystal Lighthouse was (which by the way, if now AWs is a bad thing, it will be the first one to go for me.)

Silmaril

Community Manager
Elvenar Team
Well nothing is yet cast in stone as you know beta is the testing grounds for this before it ever gets to the live worlds. So far I have liked the fact it is less time consuming, as I am a busy lady. But I am not yet sure how the balancing will end up as I am sure tweaks will be made across all of this before it is completed.

Pauly7

Magus
So far I have liked the fact it is less time consuming, as I am a busy lady.
I am not sure that it's a great deal less time consuming in its current format. One encounter instead of four, but the one takes more thought now as the enemies are more randomised. We'll have to see how this plays out, though, when they implement their plan to make tournaments focussed on a particular troop.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
Well nothing is yet cast in stone as you know beta is the testing grounds for this before it ever gets to the live worlds. So far I have liked the fact it is less time consuming, as I am a busy lady. But I am not yet sure how the balancing will end up as I am sure tweaks will be made across all of this before it is completed.

That I like too, as I am tight on time.

My little village in real life is mirrored in my beta account. Two expansions wide, from and all provinces from edge to edge long, and some extra expansions on the sides, and will make a 15x15 (9 provinces) for the fairgrounds, which will be for the guest races until Fairies (more will not fit.) Plus a road to the train station (where I have the docks haha).

It did great in the tournament. but I feel my account in Whynador is a bit "doomed" haha, fine, I'd re-adjust, but it was great pulling 400 KPs a week in S&D.

Pauly7

Magus
It should be said that Dony, on Beta this week, scored nearly 15k in the tournament. I don't understand the explanation particularly well, but he says he's figured out how to make it no more difficult, so long as you're manually fighting. He did have 2 each of UUU, ELR and MMM.

CrazyWizard

Shaman
It should be said that Dony, on Beta this week, scored nearly 15k in the tournament. I don't understand the explanation particularly well, but he says he's figured out how to make it no more difficult, so long as you're manually fighting. He did have 2 each of UUU, ELR and MMM.

Manual fighting can compensate a lot, thats why it's not that much less time.(read more time than the current system) and those boosts help a lot, I havent found the time to wacht his video.
Dony loves this change for this reason as he was the one that always loved manual fighting, spending multiple days of the week on it, I am not certain he does or doesn't have a job as it's very time consuming.
But he is an absolute master in manual combat.

He was the one doing 10K+ scores before anyone else even made 5K points a week, he figured out how to play steel tournaments with vitually no losses playing it all at manual.

and he used 4xUUU or 2x dwarven armoury it was 100% bonus on each. ;)
That off course is not sustainable so we have to watch how he would have done without, and how much the announces changes make it easier to control the use of boosters.

Pauly7

Magus
and he used 4xUUU or 2x dwarven armoury it was 100% bonus on each. ;)
That off course is not sustainable so we have to watch how he would have done without, and how much the announces changes make it easier to control the use of boosters.
Having 3 Fire Phoenixes probably can't hurt either :)

He is an edge case, as you would say, but I was just trying to say that given the right set of circumstances and/or application, the scores can still be out there to get... and it will likely get easier from this first iteration that has been tested.

DeletedUser3571

Does it also say how long it took him to do all that manual fighting?

sunrae

Soothsayer
Just my thoughts so far. I am in chapter 16 (just) on Beta, and in a fairly quiet fs comprised mainly of small/mid ranged, & a few inactive cities. I initially found that the new format of tournament very expensive in troops and mana/orcs. However I have a brown bear and plenty of time boosts in reserve so I did 25 provinces, 16 of them 4 deep and the rest 2/3. I autofought, manually fought and catered to fully test for myself the changes. In the beginning I thought oh no this is crap, then..... I saw that our fs had got 9 chests which is something they never do. Usually its 5 or 6 sometimes 7. All the small & mid cities were breezing it.
In my live fs I've had similar reports, fs that usually got mid range no of chests were achieving 10, 12 and 13. So far I'm concluding that the changes are a great improvement for the fs as a whole.
The testing has only just started, the number crunchers on Beta forum are working hard to give feedback and Marindor has responded fairly positively. There are issues, the random troops making the MMM and ELR a lottery to use, less relics/spells etc the time saved in clicking spent on manual fighting (which I enjoy & look forward to improving) and later chapters are paying a higher price, but its great to see the fs scoring more equally together, and higher.
I don't know how my main fs on Winyandor will find it yet, being 10 chest every week and much bigger but it's going to be interesting :D I expect though there will be many changes before we get to play it.

Paladestar

Enchanter
For those following, Marindor has confirmed the first two changes that they will be making following the initial test of the new tournament system:
We will remove Guest Race Resources from the Squad Size Upgrade techs, so players who have skipped those can unlock them without having to rebuild settlements.
Hey, no fair! I planned ahead and kept the required guest race goods for every SS research that I skipped! I demand to see others be punished for their shortsightedness! ;)

Deleted User - 1759805

Hey, no fair! I planned ahead and kept the required guest race goods for every SS research that I skipped! I demand to see others be punished for their shortsightedness! ;)
I don't know if you're reacting on seeing posts on Beta, but there are people there saying exactly that. And they don't seem to be making it as a joke.

Pauly7

Magus
I saw that our fs had got 9 chests which is something they never do. Usually its 5 or 6 sometimes 7. All the small & mid cities were breezing it.
A lot of people are reporting that their fellowships are doing better than usual this week. Our's too. We have 12 chests and will maybe get the 13th. However, it's too soon to get excited about such things. This week in particular almost every player on Beta is getting stuck in, trying to test the system to their limits. I feel that these healthy scores won't necessarily repeat week on week... We shall see!

CrazyWizard

Shaman
A lot of people are reporting that their fellowships are doing better than usual this week. Our's too. We have 12 chests and will maybe get the 13th. However, it's too soon to get excited about such things. This week in particular almost every player on Beta is getting stuck in, trying to test the system to their limits. I feel that these healthy scores won't necessarily repeat week on week... We shall see!

Makes sense, it's similar to a new restaurant opening, the first week is always busy.
You can only make sense of it once the buzz has ran out, thats when you see the real results.

Pauly7

Magus
I don't know if you're reacting on seeing posts on Beta, but there are people there saying exactly that. And they don't seem to be making it as a joke.
Yes, one very angry individual in particular who is horrified that other people may be given an easy path to complete those techs.

DeletedUser8409

For anyone who is doing Beta on the latest chapters if you cater I'm assuming its not all 7 items asked for?

How many is it? Is it fixed or random. Current system is normally 3 or 4 (3 tiers plus Orcs or 2 plus Orcs) and currently the goods amounts required are very random but it sounds from @MinMax Gamer 's page that its much less random and more fixed or have I misunderstood that?

Deleted User - 1759805

For anyone who is doing Beta on the latest chapters if you cater I'm assuming its not all 7 items asked for?

How many is it? Is it fixed or random. Current system is normally 3 or 4 (3 tiers plus Orcs or 2 plus Orcs) and currently the goods amounts required are very random but it sounds from @MinMax Gamer 's page that its much less random and more fixed or have I misunderstood that?
From what I've seen, it is always 3 items which are random from 13 possible.