• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Discussion News from Beta (may contain spoilers!)

Hekata

Artisan
Thanks @MinMax Gamer ! Let's hope they don't nerf the chest formerly known as purple for this event at least, I had a bit of a hard time getting dailies last time.

I see that the new Red chest has battalions now. How many squads is that? So far we had platoons = 5 and regiments = 25

Errandil

Conjurer
I don't think the devs ever intended for players to get 600+ kps from the tourney on weekly bases. There are rumours the tournaments will be changed very soon; if it's true, then my guess is that it's precisely to address that issue.
I really hope that those rumours are wrong, because even with getting 600+ KP on weekly basis upgrading only military AWs to lvl 30 takes 2-3 years. Not even talking about the lvl 35 or other really useful wonders. So I find it a bit strange to make some goals unreachable even for the most hardcore players.

Hekata

Artisan
I really hope that those rumours are wrong, because even with getting 600+ KP on weekly basis upgrading only military AWs to lvl 30 takes 2-3 years. Not even talking about the lvl 35 or other really useful wonders. So I find it a bit strange to make some goals unreachable even for the most hardcore players.
We'll see, maybe the changes will be for the better, but I wouldn't hold my breath, most things have been nerfed lately.

Pauly7

Magus
The problem is that if a player finishes the storyline and maxes all their AWs there is probably a much greater chance they will end up walking away from the game. As Elvenar is now several years old we reach the point where it is much more difficult to allow people to keep getting stronger within the confines of the game model.

These same people, however, have to feel like they're getting continually stronger at something or they will get frustrated. So herein lies the issue. Things need to be reinvented or parameters changed so it seems to me entirely logical that they would decide to make it much tougher to get the same reward from tournaments. If they can they will wrap it up inside a fresh challenge... and hence we have the impending single province encounter, 19 chest tournaments.

I'm not saying I will like it if my wings are clipped, but I imagine it's going to happen.

Last edited:

DeletedUser7526

Speculations...
Let’s just be bugged with the current (beta) event please and not feel bugged with speculations...
That’s too much to bear for someone looking to just enjoy the game...

Gargon667

Mentor
That's the problem with most evolving buildings IMO and why I don't like them that much, they always give a bit of everything but overall not that much. I'd always rather have a good building with just 2 things but both at very decent levels.

I feel like the opposite: they give very little of everything, but if you add them all up they are better than the alternatives :)

Gargon667

Mentor
I don't know about the challenge part, I never found any event particularly challenging

There were 3 events with an unlimited questline :) Those I took as a challenge and spent a lot of time on playing. Also of course those were the most rewarding events ever... But since they unfortunately did not plan for that, the events were horribly unbalanced... instead of working on the balancing they just killed the whole idea of unlimited quests :(

Pauly7

Magus
It's always been like the beta version for me. Is that a change for mobile?
The difference here is once your FS has completed all 10 chests. The banner used to turn blank like on the right hand picture and now it displays the total you have, even if you are beyond 40k points. There is also a similar display difference when you go to the tournament tab of your fellowship window.

These changes are already on Live, FYI.

Errandil

Conjurer
And here are the tournament changes. Wonder if the spire-like SS calculations would end up having the same issues. That would be an interesting solution to the idea of upgrading AWs to lvl 40, lol. Overall the changes sound nice, but I'm betting that this would result in nerfing the ability to do 50+ provinces.

Hekata

Artisan
And here are the tournament changes. Wonder if the spire-like SS calculations would end up having the same issues. That would be an interesting solution to the idea of upgrading AWs to lvl 40, lol. Overall the changes sound nice, but I'm betting that this would result in nerfing the ability to do 50+ provinces.
So far I really like the 1 encounter per province a lot,. Doing 4 fights and going to province 35 was mind-numbing for me (I can't even imagine going to 50+). And also it might be a nice improvement for the caterers. For the rest it's hard to tell without trying. I'm not too thrilled the troops will be random. I'm having a hard time to produce 2 types as it is, so I'm not sure how to have all types of troops at my disposal all the time. And I'd like to know how the individual prizes were changed. I really hope they didn't mess with them a lot since it's getting tiresome we have to rely on the FS for all good rewards.

Errandil

Conjurer
The more I think about this update the worse it seems. Before we had an established cycle that you play tournaments for KP, you upgrade your AWs, you get better in tournaments. Now they will apparently take away some of the KP rewards and tie the tournament difficulty to the AW levels, so there would be much less point in growing. Not to mention the randomised enemies, which takes away part of the strategy in using unit boosters, only UUU/DA really matters with that setup.

Can we please just leave the tournaments as they are now? I was perfectly fine with many hundreds of fights each week, considering what I was getting in return.

Jackluyt

Shaman
There are MASSIVE changes coming to the Tournaments in Beta World on 14th July!!

The goal is to make the entry into the Tournaments easier for newer players, providing more of a Challenge to veteran players, while also ensuring the Tournaments remain fair, regardless of progress.
* One fight per province not 4 to make the encounters easier and less repetitive
* Five enemy in all fights to make squad comparison easier
* A variety of factors will influence difficulty of fights and catering - not just squad size. Costs will be based on a series of progression factors, which involve city development and researches in general.
* Changes to the types of goods needed to Cater to prevent weekly shortages of one particular Goods type
* Difficulty of Provinces will increase the deeper you go and also from round to round.
* 9 extra tough bonus chests - mainly for the top fellowships, with KP Instants and RR Spells
* Still to come - Boosters or Diamonds can be used to skip the cool-down time direct from the Tournament Window.

Read the Announcement here: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/inde...the-scenes-upcoming-tournament-changes.15181/

Discussion thread: https://beta.forum.elvenar.com/index.php?threads/upcoming-tournament-changes.15182/

Here is the Announcement video:

Pauly7

Magus
Not to mention the randomised enemies, which takes away part of the strategy in using unit boosters, only UUU/DA really matters with that setup.
This was the point that first struck me. Have they (perhaps without considering) made the MMM and ELR spells virtually useless? If the troop requirements are randomised then there will be no way to tell when we need them and they will effectively be about a 9th as useful as they used to be.

Errandil

Conjurer
This was the point that first struck me. Have they (perhaps without considering) made the MMM and ELR spells virtually useless? If the troop requirements are randomised then there will be no way to tell when we need them and they will effectively be about a 9th as useful as they used to be.
Yep. The only strategy I can see with using them now is deploying some ungodly amount of them at once so you can win regardless of what you are facing. But to put it lightly it's far from perfect in my opinion.