• Good day, Stranger! — Are you new to our forums?

Have I seen you here before? To participate in or to create forum discussions, you will need your own forum account. Register your account here!

Answered Old Event Buildings - Delete?

rock stream

Scholar
I have a collection of Old event Buildings:
Mysterious Egg, Chapter 1
Coldfire Phoenix, Chapter 1; Stage 5.
Fire Phoenix, Chapter 2; Stage 5.
Vallorian Valor, Chapter 3

The Fire Phoenix with the fighting bonus and the Vallorian Valor with troop generation before I research the unit, have some value.
Reasons I'm thinking of deleting are:
When deleted they show up again in crafting but with higher Chapters
Phoenix Artifacts no longer show up.
They take up value space with low productive or generate coins.
The fighting bonus is low and will not improve.
Is this a correct way of looking at them?

DeletedUser4149

all depends on how easy they are to replace. fire phoenix is irreplacable and stage 5 ain't bad. in a nutshell, most event prizes w/ population and/or culture are about equal to what you can build 2 chapters later. an exception is that from orcs to woodelves seems to be about 2 chapters of difference. i know some of those buildings have special effects but the 2 chapter guideline should help determine if they're obsolete or not

DeletedUser4149

very tough question as far as evolving buildings though. i'd want every well evolved one. as for the partially evolved, thats tough. i'd keep the fire phoenix
for sure

Gargon667

Mentor
what chapter are you now? I agree with roughly 2 chapters-rule if you don´t want to look at each building in detail.
Keep the Fire Phoenix, no matter what! if you are lucky you get more artifacts next year...

DeletedUser4149

yep, the bonus from even a stage 5 phoenix is still great compared to most combat bonuses received from wonders.
you can't go wrong w/ an abyss.
the secret behind the tome of secrets is that it's a pretty crappy wonder, usually. (remember al capone's vault?). takes over 900kp before it'll award 2 kp per day. i'd say there are much better things to spend kp on and use space for. some might disagree but it can take 72 hours + to scout 1 province later in the game and there are disadvantages to building too many wonders.
excavation ain't too great either, imo.

Julian

Sorcerer
Agree. I went for abyss, then monastery. Keep the fire phoenix. Chuck the rest as you need the space, starting at the lower chapter ones.

AstralSoul

Illusionist
I deleted a level 2 fire phoenix as I started to play right before its FAs... when last even started, I hoped to get it to level 10, or I would bang my head. I did, and have enough for a level 6 ColdFire if I wanted it.

So don't ever delete it, you never know.

Gargon667

Mentor
the secret behind the tome of secrets is that it's a pretty crappy wonder, usually. (remember al capone's vault?). takes over 900kp before it'll award 2 kp per day. i'd say there are much better things to spend kp on and use space for. some might disagree but it can take 72 hours + to scout 1 province later in the game and there are disadvantages to building too many wonders.
excavation ain't too great either, imo.
I completely disagree with that:
the ToS is the best supply AW for small towns. (The KP are completely unimportant, but of course a nice little bonus). Besides there is no other useful AW early on. All other AWs get useful much later in the game, so yes you can upgrade them early on prepping for later on, but you get nothing for it for quite a while. ToS is giving out supplies in relevant numbers much earlier. Upgrading it to lvl 6 or even 11 is totally worth it. Until the time your scouts reach two days you will easily have gotten back the KP from itself. And even at 2 days scouts it´s still quite useful! The EE is less good than the ToS I would say, but still by far more efficient than having WS in your town. The first time a WS can even get close to the efficiency of any AW is chapter 15 (and only if you have a good culture boost AND PoP running 24/7).

lihwei9123

Seeker
Well, for the old event buildings, it's actually quite simple to deal with it.

If you have new event buildings, calculate the culture per tile , population per tile provided by those event buildings and space for your new event building. Make sure the event building you placed were according to your needs, otherwise you will have problems with your culture and population.
Other than that, i usually discourage players below chapter 6 to have event buildings that produces supplies and gives culture, because these buildings yields supplies less than a workshop can produce, the provided culture was also very little and it takes up a lot of space.Additionally the productions also does nothing for fellowship adventures so for players below chap 6, not worth it! For players that reached chap 6 or higher, no problem, because it produces goods and even mana so i think it is still reasonable like that.

If you get a same event building that belongs to a higher age, you should replace the old one that belongs to a lower age to maximize the efficiency.

Pauly7

Magus
Other than that, i usually discourage players below chapter 6 to have event buildings that produces supplies and gives culture, because these buildings yields supplies less than a workshop can produce, the provided culture was also very little and it takes up a lot of space.Additionally the productions also does nothing for fellowship adventures so for players below chap 6, not worth it!
I'm inclined to agree for the most part, but remember that those buildings don't cost any population to build. In certain circumstances for new players they can be extremely valuable.

rock stream

Scholar
i usually discourage players below chapter 6 to have event buildings that produces supplies and gives culture, because these buildings yields supplies less than a workshop can produce, the provided culture was also very little and it takes up a lot of space.
This is what I'm kinda seeing with the event and crafted buildings I have placed. I would like to be a little more confident before I go back to the fellowship with that recommendation. I'm going to try to come up with some comparison metrics to show what is what.
With the AW I'm finding lots of useful info in the forums to build a plan going forward so I don't think I'll need to do a lot of work on them.

Last edited:

Master Arthur

Alchemist
I, for one, would not recommend deletion of old event buildings. The time taken, goods used, troops lost, etc, in getting these buildings to level 10 is a huge investment. I have 6 at level 10 (Storm Phoenix, Gingerbread Mansion, Mermaid Paradise, Valentine's Float and Festival May Tree) with Coldfire Phoenix at L5 and Fire Pheonix at L1. My worst decision was to go for Storm instead of Fire. With the advent of the Spire, I am of the opinion that I need Fire at level 10 and feed it in order to play successfully this new powerful aspect of the game. I can of course upgrade them all but as it takes 16 Royal Restorations (I only get 3 each week from tournaments) it is going to take me at least 6 weeks for each one. Of course space considerations have to taken into account by each player but for me these Special Buildings are an important and useful part of my city. We have recently received, in another thread, that these buildings are not teleportable.

Julian

Sorcerer
The benefits of some evolving buildings are constant regardless of chapter (brown bear, fire phoenix). They are worth keeping forever for those reasons alone. Other things can go out of date after a couple of chapters. But bear in mind that all evolving buildings are more powerful than the normal daily prizes, so you can hang on to them for a few more chapters than you would the dailies. Personally, I'd consider deleting a daily prize building if it's 2-3 chapters old. And consider deleting an evolving building if it's 4+ chapters old.